Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,525 members, 7,826,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' (918 Views)

Taliban To Declare "Islamic Emirate Of Afghanistan" / Joe Biden Is Certified As The 46th President Of The United States / Donald Trump Statement On US Election 2020: “The Election Is Far From Over” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by 9jahotblog: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2020

Login

Flashback: Biden pledged 'not to declare victory until the election is independently certified'

By Emma Colton

November 12, 2020 - 1:07 PM

00:0600:58

Subscribe to get the latest Examiner videos

President-elect Joe Biden pledged during the first presidential debate that he would not “declare victory until the election is independently certified.”

“Vice President Biden, final question for you. Will you urge your supporters to stay calm while the vote is counted? And will you pledge not to declare victory until the election is independently certified?” debate moderator Chris Wallace asked on Sept. 29.

“Yes. And here’s the deal: We count the ballots, as you pointed out. Some of these ballots in some states can’t even be opened until Election Day. And if there’s thousands of ballots, it’s going to take time to do it,” Biden responded.

“And by the way, our military … they’ve been voting by ballots since the end of the Civil War, in effect. And that’s what’s going to happen. Why is it, for them, somehow not fraudulent? It’s the same process. It’s honest. No one has established at all that there is fraud related to mail-in ballots, that somehow it’s a fraudulent process,” he added.

President Trump was asked the same question and said he urged his supporters to watch the polls personally.

Recommended For You

A user's guide to Trump's Pennsylvania election challenges

“I’m urging my supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully because that’s what has to happen. I am urging them to do it. As you know, today, there was a big problem. In Philadelphia, they went in to watch. They’re called poll watchers, a very safe, very nice thing. They were thrown out. They weren’t allowed to watch. You know why? Because bad things happen in Philadelphia. Bad things. And I am urging my people. I hope it’s going to be a fair election, if it’s a fair election,” the president said.

“But if I see tens of thousands of ballots being manipulated, I can’t go along with that,” he added.

Ads by Revcontent

How to Live Longer Than 100 Years and Feel Like 40. Read Now

Cardiovax

Removing Moles & Skin Tags Has Never Been This Easy

Skincell Pro

“These people aren’t equipped to handle it, No. 1. No. 2, they cheat. They cheat. Hey, they found ballots in a wastepaper basket three days ago, and they all had the name military ballots. There were military. They all had the name Trump on them,” he continued.

Media outlets called the election for Biden last Saturday, with the former vice president delivering a victory speech later that day. States must formally certify their election results on Dec. 8.

"For all those of you who voted for President Trump, I understand the disappointment tonight. I've lost a couple of times myself. But now, let's give each other a chance," Biden said. "It's time to put away the harsh rhetoric, lower the temperature, see each other again, listen to each other again. And to make progress, we have to stop treating our opponents as enemies."

Trump has contested the election results, citing voter fraud and launching legal pursuits in states such as Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Nevada.

"Our campaign will start prosecuting our case in court to ensure election laws are fully upheld and the rightful winner is seated," Trump said in a statement on Saturday. "The American People are entitled to an honest election: that means counting all legal ballots, and not counting any illegal ballots."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/flashback-biden-pledged-not-to-declare-victory-until-the-election-is-independently-certified
Re: Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by 9jahotblog: 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
biden has now forgot what he said. seriously, he has dementia problem.
Re: Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by BigBabyJesus: 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
He will claim dementia .
Re: Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by Koulture(m): 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
9jahotblog:
biden has now forgot what he said. seriously, he has dementia problem.
He has dementia yet he trashed your demigod Trump in two debates and even told him to shut the fvck up. grin

Its clear biden won the elections,haters can go run into the nearest moving dangote trailer. grin
Re: Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by 9jamustchange: 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
Thought he'd done that already! Let Trump be satisfied with the process. Let the victory be unquestionable.
Re: Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by 9jahotblog: 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Koulture:

He has dementia yet he trashed your demigod Trump in two debates and even told him to shut the fvck up. grin

Its clear he won the election.
he has dementia problem, he never won the poll. na CNN president he be.
Re: Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by Koulture(m): 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
9jahotblog:
he has dementia problem, he never won the poll. na CNN president he be.
You forgot to add trumps beloved fox news,they also called biden president-elect.
Re: Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by caski: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
nnaso
Re: Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by 9jahotblog: 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
Koulture:

You forgot to add trumps beloved fox news,they also called biden president-elect.
they are bunch of leftists democrat media outlets too.
Re: Biden Pledged 'not To Declare Victory Until The Election Is Certified' by Koulture(m): 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
9jahotblog:
they are bunch of leftists democrat media outlets too.
Lol. You guys are sick.
So fox news is no longer the only trusted media outlets to get news again,it's now a bunch of leftist Democrat.

So which news outlet is now reliable to you trump zombies? grin

(1) (Reply)

Watch Moment Ghana’s 77-year-old President, Nana Akufo-addo Dozed Off / EU Lost Their Investment As Russia Makes Use Of Nord Stream 2 / The Western Elite's Plan For Third World Genocide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.