Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,163 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife (1102 Views)

Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Pastor Moses Adeeyo Accused Of Marrying Church Member's Wife In Rivers / Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by ikorodureporta: 10:39am On Nov 13, 2020
Islamic crew, pls what happens if a devoted Muslim man marries a Christian woman?
Is it allowed??
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Islamic crew, pls what happens if a devoted Muslim man marries a Christian woman?
Is it allowed??
It is allowed, however the reverse is NOT allowed. A devote Muslim woman must not marry a Christian man
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by CodeTemplar: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

It is allowed, however the reverse is NOT allowed. A devote Muslim woman must not marry a Christian man
Who is a devote Muslim? So some are fake and others are original. na wa o.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Who is a devote Muslim? So some are fake and others are original. na wa o.
Many Moslems are devoted to their religion. The more devoted they are, the higher their tendency of joining organisations like ISIS and BokoHaram

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by Fash20: 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

Many Moslems are devoted to their religion. The more devoted they are, the higher their tendency of joining organisations like ISIS and BokoHaram

Iie... I know people who are devoted but hate ISIS and boko haram as hell

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by sagenaija: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Fash20:

See this:
The Jihad Triangle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvfaZIDLCg
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by Fash20: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
sagenaija:

See this:
The Jihad Triangle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvfaZIDLCg

A youtube video does not change the fact that a terrorist will always be a terrorist irrespective of how devoted he/his is.

Boko haram members do drug a devoted muslim doesn't

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
Fash20:

The word devoted is relative

These people you know, do they write the Qur'an on slates, wash it off and drink?

If they don't, they may be devote, but not as devoted as I am saying. The more devoted they are the higher their tendency of violence in the name of Allah!

Have these people chanted La illah illa lah for 49 days without seeing the sun? Probably not as devoted as you think!

Do they believe in chanting LA ILAAHA ILLA ANTA SUBHAANAKA INNI KUNTUM MINAZZWAALIMEEN", 1,25,000 times with the intention of something from Allah?

Devotion has nothing to do with correctness!
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2020
Fash20:

A youtube video does not change the fact that a terrorist will always be a terrorist irrespective of how devoted he/his is.

Boko haram members do drug a devoted muslim doesn't
A terrorist is a terrorist irrespective of their kind. Terrorists ALWAYS fight an ideological war: you can't appease them except you bow to their ideology.

The ideology could be
1. Freedom
2. Religion
3. New order

If they fight in the name of Christ, Christianity, Mohammed, Islam, Buddah etc, they are religious terrorists irrespective of how twisted their knowledge of their faith is.

A Muslim who bombs a market is NOT a "Muslim Terrorist" except his bombing of the market was done in the name of Mohammed or Islam.

A Muslim is not the one who doesn't do drugs but the one who believes in the Oneness of Allah AND that Mohamed is his messenger. A spade should therefore be called a spade!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by Fash20: 8:55am On Nov 14, 2020
shadeyinka:

The word devoted is relative

These people you know, do they write the Qur'an on slates, wash it off and drink?

If they don't, they may be devote, but not as devoted as I am saying. The more devoted they are the higher their tendency of violence in the name of Allah!

Have these people chanted La illah illa lah for 49 days without seeing the sun? Probably not as devoted as you think!

Do they believe in chanting LA ILAAHA ILLA ANTA SUBHAANAKA INNI KUNTUM MINAZZWAALIMEEN", 1,25,000 times with the intention of something from Allah?

Devotion has nothing to do with correctness!

A devoted muslim is one who believe in the Allah and follows the teaching of the Prophet (SAW) accordingly.

It is very easy to differentiate a devoted muslim from a muslim who is not devoted although, a sound knowledge of islam is need to understand this.

My point is, your analogy that the more a muslim becomes devoted, the more the tendency to become a terrorist is nothing but a fallacy of generalization.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2020
Fash20:

A devoted muslim is one who believe in the Allah and follows the teaching of the Prophet (SAW) accordingly.

It is very easy to differentiate a devoted muslim from a muslim who is not devoted although, a sound knowledge of islam is need to understand this.

My point is, your analogy that the more a muslim becomes devoted, the more the tendency to become a terrorist is nothing but a fallacy of generalization.

Thank you
Like I said:
Devotion is different from correctness. It is possible for a person to be devote yet in error.

You have described your devotion in the classic sense of a Moslem who is rational: these are the who believes the Qur'an but NOT all the Hadiths. These are the ones who regard some hadiths as weak while others are strong.

The extreme end of devotion is what I speak about. A willingness to do everything stated in ALL the Qur'an AND Hadiths without re-interpreting it to mean something softer to bear.

I am sure you see yourself as devoted to the cause of Allah BUT, can you kill a human being in the cause of a Jihad? If Not (probably on the grounds that Jihad doesn't necessarily mean war but a struggle to please Allah), then your devotion has not reached the peak of submission (you are reinterpreting Jihad to suit your softness of character).

I still maintain that most Moslems are devoted but, the more devoted they are, the higher their tendency of upholding without question EVERYTHING in the religion (which may involve bloodshed).

Let me give you a hadith that says:
At the "End of Days" the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, which will call out to Muslims to come and kill them,

If you were present at this time of the end of days, will you as a devout Moslem join in killing the Jews?
If you will, then you are as highly devout but if not....!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by ABOVEDELAW: 4:05am On Nov 15, 2020
ALL THESE RANTINGS DID NOT ANSWER THE OP'S QUESTION.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by paxonel(m): 6:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Fash20:

Thank you
you are very correct

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by AntiChristian: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2020
shadeyinka:

Why tell lies like this? Just to score cheap points against Islam and recruit more followers to christianity.

Na so una dey lie to those you convert! Not really surprised.

Boko Haram is less than 100,000 people and Muslims are let's say 80 million. Saying 100,000 are the best of 80million is a foolish lie from the pit of hell.

Only Satan can guide you to this not anything holy!
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by helinues: 7:26am On Nov 15, 2020
Stop pokenosing into others affairs?

Are Catholics marrying Pentecostals?

Are Redeemers marrying Jehovah Witness?

Hiss
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by AntiChristian: 7:34am On Nov 15, 2020
A Muslim man can marry a Christian or Jewish wife only. But a Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim man as the man is the head of the house.

A Muslim man can't marry any woman who is not a Muslim or Christian or Jewish.

But it's best everyone dey there lane.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by AntiChristian: 7:38am On Nov 15, 2020
helinues:
Stop pokenosing into others affairs?

Are Catholics marrying Pentecostals?

Are Redeemers marrying Jehovah Witness?

Hiss

Anglican wey marry Catholic won't be able to receive communion!

Redeem wet marry Baptist sef will have to adjust to so many things! Each one with their own doctrine!

JW will marry JW eventually as others are non-Christians!
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 8:13am On Nov 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

Why tell lies like this? Just to score cheap points against Islam and recruit more followers to christianity.

Na so una dey lie to those you convert! Not really surprised.

Boko Haram is less than 100,000 people and Muslims are let's say 80 million. Saying 100,000 are the best of 80million is a foolish lie from the pit of hell.

Only Satan can guide you to this not anything holy!

Read the English language and comprehend what was written
I haven't said that all Moslems are terrorists

I've only said
1. Most Moslems are devote
2. When there devotion is much higher than average, they have higher chances of becoming terrorists.

Do you believe ALL the Hadiths? If not, then you aren't as devout!

The extreme end of devotion is what I speak about. A willingness to do everything stated in ALL the Qur'an AND Hadiths without re-interpreting it to mean something softer to bear.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by Fash20: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2020
shadeyinka:

Like I said:
Devotion is different from correctness. It is possible for a person to be devote yet in error.

You have described your devotion in the classic sense of a Moslem who is rational: these are the who believes the Qur'an but NOT all the Hadiths. These are the ones who regard some hadiths as weak while others are strong.

I am sure you see yourself as devoted to the cause of Allah BUT, can you kill a human being in the cause of a Jihad? If Not (probably on the grounds that Jihad doesn't necessarily mean war but a struggle to please Allah), then your devotion has not reached the peak of submission (you are reinterpreting Jihad to suit your softness of character).

I still maintain that most Moslems are devoted but, the more devoted they are, the higher their tendency of upholding without question EVERYTHING in the religion (which may involve bloodshed).

At the "End of Days" the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, which will call out to Muslims to come and kill them,

If you were present at this time of the end of days, will you as a devout Moslem join in killing the Jews?

The terrorists are either ignorant or psychopath or both

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 8:31am On Nov 15, 2020
Fash20:

The terrorists are either ignorant or psychopath or both
LOL!

I asked the devoted moslems a question

They will not answer because their devotion to Allah is still questionable
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by AntiChristian: 8:56am On Nov 15, 2020
shadeyinka:

Read the English language and comprehend what was written

I haven't said that all Moslems are terrorists

I've only said
1. Most Moslems are devote
2. When there devotion is much higher than average, they have higher chances of becoming terrorists.

Do you believe ALL the Hadiths? If not, then you aren't as devout!

This assertion is folly and hypocrisy at its peak. The extreme end of devotion in christianity is what? Drinking tea with Jesus and Yahweh right?

I believe in the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the pious predecessors.

How can a Muslim be ignorant and devoted?

We seek knowledge and understanding before practice. Some Boko Haram members may be Muslims but saying they are all devoted is a lie. So what do we say about Boko Haram guys with Christian names? And this means many Muslims in SW are not much devoted as those in the NW, NE and NC right?

Islamic devotion being proportional to terrorism is a faulty notion and a lie from the pit of hell!
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

This assertion is folly and hypocrisy at its peak. The extreme end of devotion in christianity is what? Drinking tea with Jesus and Yahweh right?

I believe in the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the pious predecessors.

How can a Muslim be ignorant and devoted?

We seek knowledge and understanding before practice. Some Boko Haram members may be Muslims but saying they are all devoted is a lie. So what do we say about Boko Haram guys with Christian names? And this means many Muslims in SW are not much devoted as those in the NW, NE and NC right?

Islamic devotion being proportional to terrorism is a faulty notion and a lie from the pit of hell!
You are still muddling up correctness with devotion.

Dictionary definition:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/devotion?s=t
1. profound dedication; consecration.
2. earnest attachment to a cause, person, etc.
*an assignment or appropriation to any purpose, cause, etc.:
3. Often devotions. Ecclesiastical. religious observance or worship; a form of prayer or worship for special use.

The Bokoharam members have left their various businesses and means of livelihood to fight a jihad. Many of them have joyfully made the ultimate sacrifice in the cause of Islam, Mohammed and Allah. Have you enough devotion to Allah to warrant laying down your life if need be? Eni ija 'o ba l'on pe 'ra re l'okunrin!

You Antichristian prize yourself as being devoted to Allah and the cause of Islam. But if you are more devoted than the Bokoharam, depend on how you truthfully answer this question. You claim to believe in the Qur'an and the Sunna BUT do you have a willingness to do everything stated in ALL the Qur'an AND Hadiths without re-interpreting it to mean something softer to bear?

Please check this Hadith below:

Sahih al-Bukhari 2926
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

If you will, then you are as highly devout but if not how can you say you are as devout as the Bokoharam!
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by AntiChristian: 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
shadeyinka:

You are still muddling up correctness with devotion.

The Bokoharam members have left their various businesses and means of livelihood to fight a jihad. Many of them have joyfully made the ultimate sacrifice in the cause of Islam, Mohammed and Allah. Have you enough devotion to Allah to warrant laying down your life if need be? Eni ija 'o ba l'on pe 'ra re l'okunrin!

You Antichristian prize yourself as being devoted to Allah and the cause of Islam. But if you are more devoted than the Bokoharam, depend on how you truthfully answer this question. You claim to believe in the Qur'an and the Sunna BUT do you have a willingness to do everything stated in ALL the Qur'an AND Hadiths without re-interpreting it to mean something softer to bear?

Sahih al-Bukhari 2926
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

If you will, then you are as highly devout but if not how can you say you are as devout as the Bokoharam!

This is still lame shade. Boko haram is not a standard for Islamic devotion. Who were the standard 30 years ago? 100 years ago?

Are Igbos the standard for Christianity?
Devotion is not in just following the text. Islamic devotion is following the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the pious predecessors. A process can be followed albeit in the wrong way.

Some texts have certain contexts. Some have setting. Some are general in application. For example, Zakah and Hajj is not compulsory on the poor. And no one can force that on them.

The sacrifices and fights of Boko Haram is not in line with the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the pious predecessors.

Anyone who brings a deed not in line with the ways of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam will have it rejected.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

This is still lame shade. Boko haram is not a standard for Islamic devotion. Who were the standard 30 years ago? 100 years ago?

Are Igbos the standard for Christianity?
Devotion is not in just following the text. Islamic devotion is following the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the pious predecessors. A process can be followed albeit in the wrong way.

Some texts have certain contexts. Some have setting. Some are general in application. For example, Zakah and Hajj is not compulsory on the poor. And no one can force that on them.

The sacrifices and fights of Boko Haram is not in line with the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the pious predecessors.

Anyone who brings a deed not in line with the ways of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam will have it rejected.
I have not used the Bokoharam as the standard for Islam. I have used them as an example of devotion.

I asked you a simple question which you avoided.

Sahih al-Bukhari 2926
Narrated Abu Huraira:

What's your position on this?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by AntiChristian: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2020
shadeyinka:

I have not used the Bokoharam as the standard for Islam. I have used them as an example of devotion.

I asked you a simple question which you avoided.

Sahih al-Bukhari 2926
Narrated Abu Huraira:

What's your position on this?

Even in terms of devotion Boko Haram have never been praised for performing Salah! Or praised for fasting Ramadan, Zakah, or Hajj? So what devotion are you talking here?

You said an above average devoted Muslim would most likely tend towards being a boko haram! Once again this big mistake from you.

Do you mean all of those in SW, SE,SS are not devoted even more than those in the north? How come there's no boko haram kinda people everywhere Muslims abound?

To your other question, I am obliged to fear Allah as much as possible. Obey the rules and go away from the prohibited deeds.

All injunctions in Islam are what we strive to follow without leaving any.

To your quoted hadith, how do you understand it and how do the companions of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam understood it? I wouldn't follow your perceived meaning of the text. This is the Boko Haramic interpretation of text.

And i don't think explaining the meaning of the text as understood by the pious predecessors is included in this discuss.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by shadeyinka(m): 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
AntiChristian:

Even in terms of devotion Boko Haram have never been praised for performing Salah! Or praised for fasting Ramadan, Zakah, or Hajj? So what devotion are you talking here?
This may be difficult to prove because they are rarely seen worshiping in public

AntiChristian:

You said an above average devoted Muslim would most likely tend towards being a boko haram! Once again this big mistake from you.

Do you mean all of those in SW, SE,SS are not devoted even more than those in the north? How come there's no boko haram kinda people everywhere Muslims abound?
I said that:
Devotion is a relative term and I have not said that Moslems are not devoted. In actual fact, the average muslim is more devoted to their religion than even the average Christian.

Do you remember Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_Farouk_Abdulmutallab
He is an example of a devout Muslim. Born into affluence, literate/educated,....

According to one of his cousins, as a teenager, Abdulmutallab became very pious as a Muslim, and detached himself from others his age. He condemned his father's banking profession as "immoral" and "un-Islamic" for charging interest, urging him to quit. "That kind of detachment from others and singular focus on Islam was a common thread in Mr. Abdulmutallab's life, according to family members, friends and classmates
-Wikipedia

Yet there was something missing. He wanted to please Allah at the cost of his own life. He is more devout than the average Muslim. Even if he was wrong in his interpretation and understanding of Islam, is he not higher in devotion than Governor Gandollar Ganduje who loved the dollars at the cost of bending the rules of Islam?

Remember the teenage girl Leah Shuaibu: I will submit that she is more devout than the average Christian: Why? In the face of death and loss of freedom she boldly laid her life down for her belief in Christ.

For Muslims,
Devotion is the willingness to do everything stated in ALL the Qur'an AND Hadiths without re-interpreting it to mean something softer to bear?

For Christians,
Devotion is the willingness to do every command stated in ALL the Gospels without re-interpreting it to mean something softer to bear?

AntiChristian:

To your other question, I am obliged to fear Allah as much as possible. Obey the rules and go away from the prohibited deeds.

All injunctions in Islam are what we strive to follow without leaving any.

To your quoted hadith, how do you understand it and how do the companions of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam understood it? I wouldn't follow your perceived meaning of the text. This is the Boko Haramic interpretation of text.

And i don't think explaining the meaning of the text as understood by the pious predecessors is included in this discuss.
How exactly did the companions of the prophet understood the text because the hadith is self explanatory!
When you combine it with other texts, you will arrive at the same picture.

Quran 5:85
Thou wilt surely find the most hostile of men to the believers are the Jews and the idolaters.

Quran 5:64-65
Say: “People of the Book, do you blame us for any other cause than that we believe in God, and what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down before, and that most of you are ungodly?…”
Whomsoever God has cursed, and with whom He is wroth, and made some of them apes and swine, and worshippers of idols — they are worse situated, and have gone further astray from the right way.

Quran 33:26
And He brought down those of the People of the Book who supported them from their fortresses and cast terror in their hearts; some you slew, some you made captive. And He bequeathed upon you their lands, their habitations, and their possessions, and a land you never trod. God is powerful over everything.

Relating these surahs with the quoted hadith, what other conclusion can one arrive at?

What is the correct interpretation of the hadith:

Sahih al-Bukhari 2926
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. " O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by sagenaija: 7:24am On Nov 17, 2020
If Antichristian is going to directly answer the question put to him we shall see the MAGIC OF ISLAMIC REINTERPRETATION.

Even when the hadith and other Islamic sources that provide the CONTEXT and explanations for an issue at hand are presented, modern day Moslem apologists will still find a way to REINTERPRET the issue.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by OfficialAPCNig: 7:38am On Nov 17, 2020
That question thick oooh. Antichristian don run.
Quran is really a terror manual.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by Camelot65: 8:34am On Nov 17, 2020
sagenaija:
If is going to directly answer the question put to him we shall see the MAGIC OF ISLAMIC REINTERPRETATION.

Even when the hadith and other Islamic sources that provide the CONTEXT and explanations for an issue at hand are presented, modern day Moslem apologists will still find a way to REINTERPRET the issue.
cheesycheesy what do you expect, when the same hadith Have been graded as strong, weak and fabricated

modern Muslims always claim to know the Quran more better than the prophet and allah
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by AntiChristian: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

This may be difficult to prove because they are rarely seen worshiping in public

So how do we measure one's devotion if not by seeing them offering Salah, Sawm, Zakah and Hajj? How many BH will even go for Hajj except in disguise? Your measurement of devotion is poor. Terrorism is not a measure of devotion. And even if you were to claim erroneously that they are fighting Jihad, Jihad is not the first, second, third, fourth or fifth pillar of Islam.

Allah says:
Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2).
Qur'an 49:13

Offering Salah daily and appropriately is part of Taqwa. The only thing we have on BH is their claim of being Muslims and their chants of Arabic!

shadeyinka:

I said that:
Devotion is a relative term and I have not said that Moslems are not devoted. In actual fact, the average muslim is more devoted to their religion than even the average Christian.

This for the umpteenth time is erroneous. Using BH and ISIS as a standard is a lie. When ISIS was not around which organisations were Muslims joining? Was the origin of BH and ISIS entirely Islamic or with massive political undertone?

Why are Muslims in SW, SS and SE not joining BH? Their devotion rating is low according to you! You are wrong!

shadeyinka:

Do you remember Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_Farouk_Abdulmutallab
He is an example of a devout Muslim. Born into affluence, literate/educated,....

Yet there was something missing. He wanted to please Allah at the cost of his own life. He is more devout than the average Muslim. Even if he was wrong in his interpretation and understanding of Islam, is he not higher in devotion than Governor Gandollar Ganduje who loved the dollars at the cost of bending the rules of Islam?

Of cos I do remember him. Yeah he may be a Muslim but became radicalized. How does being radicalized become a measure of devotion Shade?

Loon was a rapper and actor signed on to P. Diddy's Bad boy's records. He became a Muslim and changed his name to Amir Junaid Hawkins.
He became a devoted Muslim with a complete change of lifestyle offering Salah and pleasing Allah as much as he can.

Why can't you see this as devotion? All you will be seeing are the radicalized bombers! You saying one Muslim is higher in devotion than another is foolish to say the least. The measurement of piety and its rewards entirely lies with Allah not you.

You shall not judge for as you judge so shall you be judged. No court of law has indicted Ganduje. And until a case is proven against him, all judgement will be returned to Allah.

shadeyinka:

Remember the teenage girl Leah Shuaibu: I will submit that she is more devout than the average Christian: Why? In the face of death and loss of freedom she boldly laid her life down for her belief in Christ.

I think this is foolishness. If the reports are true she just killed herself upon nothing.

For Muslims,
Devotion is the willingness to do everything stated in ALL the Qur'an AND Hadiths without re-interpreting it to mean something softer to bear?

Which Qur'an verse and Hadith gives this definition?

For Christians,
Devotion is the willingness to do every command stated in ALL the Gospels without re-interpreting it to mean something softer to bear?

Which Bible verses gives this definition precisely?

How exactly did the companions of the prophet understood the text because the hadith is self explanatory!
When you combine it with other texts, you will arrive at the same picture.

I already told you this is the same way BH interprets texts. the explanation is a long story which can't fit this thread. The hadith is talking about the hour close to the end of the world while the Qur'an verses you quoted were in present tense.

Quran 5:85
Thou wilt surely find the most hostile of men to the believers are the Jews and the idolaters.

This is not talking about the hour like the Hadith!

Quran 5:64-65
Say: “People of the Book, do you blame us for any other cause than that we believe in God, and what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down before, and that most of you are ungodly?…”
Whomsoever God has cursed, and with whom He is wroth, and made some of them apes and swine, and worshippers of idols — they are worse situated, and have gone further astray from the right way.

Quran 33:26
And He brought down those of the People of the Book who supported them from their fortresses and cast terror in their hearts; some you slew, some you made captive. And He bequeathed upon you their lands, their habitations, and their possessions, and a land you never trod. God is powerful over everything.

Relating these surahs with the quoted hadith, what other conclusion can one arrive at?

What is the correct interpretation of the hadith:

Sahih al-Bukhari 2926
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. " O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

If you wish you may read https://islamqa.info/en/answers/223275/in-the-battle-between-the-jews-and-the-muslims-at-the-end-of-time-the-aggressors-will-be-the-jews

When it comes to appropriation of settings and context of the text you are similar to Boko Haram.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Marrying Non-muslim Wife by sagenaija: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2020
AntiChristian:

So how do we measure one's devotion if not by seeing them offering Salah, Sawm, Zakah and Hajj? How many BH will even go for Hajj except in disguise? Your measurement of devotion is poor. Terrorism is not a measure of devotion. And even if you were to claim erroneously that they are fighting Jihad, Jihad is not the first, second, third, fourth or fifth pillar of Islam.

Allah says:
Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2).
Qur'an 49:13

Offering Salah daily and appropriately is part of Taqwa. The only thing we have on BH is their claim of being Muslims and their chants of Arabic!

This for the umpteenth time is erroneous. Using BH and ISIS as a standard is a lie. When ISIS was not around which organisations were Muslims joining? Was the origin of BH and ISIS entirely Islamic or with massive political undertone?

Why are Muslims in SW, SS and SE not joining BH? Their devotion rating is low according to you! You are wrong!

Of cos I do remember him. Yeah he may be a Muslim but became radicalized. How does being radicalized become a measure of devotion Shade?

Loon was a rapper and actor signed on to P. Diddy's Bad boy's records. He became a Muslim and changed his name to Amir Junaid Hawkins.
He became a devoted Muslim with a complete change of lifestyle offering Salah and pleasing Allah as much as he can.

Why can't you see this as devotion? All you will be seeing are the radicalized bombers! You saying one Muslim is higher in devotion than another is foolish to say the least. The measurement of piety and its rewards entirely lies with Allah not you.

You shall not judge for as you judge so shall you be judged. No court of law has indicted Ganduje. And until a case is proven against him, all judgement will be returned to Allah.

I think this is foolishness. If the reports are true she just killed herself upon nothing.

Which Qur'an verse and Hadith gives this definition?

Which Bible verses gives this definition precisely?

I already told you this is the same way BH interprets texts. the explanation is a long story which can't fit this thread. The hadith is talking about the hour close to the end of the world while the Qur'an verses you quoted were in present tense.

If you wish you may read https://islamqa.info/en/answers/223275/in-the-battle-between-the-jews-and-the-muslims-at-the-end-of-time-the-aggressors-will-be-the-jews

When it comes to appropriation of settings and context of the text you are similar to Boko Haram.

Prelude to the MAGIC OF ISLAMIC REINTERPRETATION!
Everyone else got the context wrong.
Everyone else got the interpretation wrong.
BH got it wrong.
Only Antichristian has it right.
Even Islamic scholars may not be right.
If you're Suni the Shites are wrong.
If you're Shite the Sunis are wrong.
That is Islam for the world!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Found Out Jesus Was A Jew / Atheist Memes / Cults - Dangerous Devotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.