Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,208 members, 7,849,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:53 AM

New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England (12317 Views)

Emir Sanusi And Daughter In England (Photo) / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / African Woman Living In American (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 7:29am On Apr 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The nail at the top of you head, looks like it's been fixed with fake nails.

Cute picture tho.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_30PRmkOl4ro/SmXFyvuCfBI/AAAAAAAATg8/lFxEqg3fMZI/s400/acrylic-nails-designs-10.jpg[/img]

no don't have fake nails, that's for females grin

lol thanks
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by fstranger3(m): 7:56am On Apr 07, 2011
namfav 07:55:13 AM Viewing Hotie Tima's profile.

So you like them slutty?

Hypocrite much?
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2011
lipsrsealed undecided angry embarassed

Anyway check out the latest post titled "You Are A Fake Fulani" on http://hausanigerian..com/

Oh, and thanks for the compliment @ armyofone!
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2011
tweety but islam is not born with us, it is born in us, i'm yet to find a fulani who is born christian and god forbid if it becomes a norm, i also asked my brother who knows more than me and he also told me such a thing does not exist, i wonder whether you will ever live amongst fulanis or whether you have completely alienated yourself from as you call "your people"

well that's sad, i hope one day you return to al islam inchallah because as you said in your own post that honouring our culture is with islam, which i agree with completely, we never give up on our people but its all in allahs hands
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 12:55am On Apr 12, 2011
@Tweety121;

my email is galadimalou@aol.com

let me know when you write.

then i will check in and respond.

Check your email Sweetnecta, I sent you a message today
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by rabzy: 9:42am On Apr 12, 2011
namfav:

tweety but islam is not born with us, it is born in us, i'm yet to find a fulani who is born christian and god forbid if it becomes a norm, i also asked my brother who knows more than me and he also told me such a thing does not exist, i wonder whether you will ever live amongst fulanis or whether you have completely alienated yourself from as you call "your people"

well that's sad, i hope one day you return to al islam inchallah because as you said in your own post that honouring our culture is with islam, which i agree with completely, we never give up on our people but its all in allahs hands

I just want to know if the fulanis had any culture before islam came and also whether there was any resistance to Islam initially or not.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by clemcykul(f): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2011
@namfav
wai dan me zaka din ga damun ta? ta zaman christa to sai me? ka rabu da ita mana. rayuwanta ne ba naka ba!!

@tweety
ki yi abin da ranki ke so, rayuwanki ne . , kin ji kwo? Allah ya ba mu sa'a
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 11:14am On Apr 12, 2011
@ rabzy from what I understand, the fulani have been predominantly muslim for centuries, before that probably animists/spiritualists/pagan like most Africans were before Islam and Christianity were brought over by conquerors, colonialists and migrants. Although culture is often intertwined with religion, fulani culture in terms of their clothing, food, language, occupations, dwellings, movements and family relationships is mostly distinct from and probably predates Islam.

@ clemcykul To, nagode. Bin che kome ba dan bana so in zo nan in fara fada da kowa.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 12, 2011
Sweetnecta are you fulani.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2011
why should that matter as far as i know we didn't resist islam, but in a historical context even the meccans resisted islam, what matters is now
rabzy:

I just want to know if the fulanis had any culture before islam came and also whether there was any resistance to Islam initially or not.

hehe she is 'free', she can make whatever choice she wants, 'a cikin ingila'
clemcykul:

@namfav
wai dan me  zaka din ga damun ta? ta zaman christa to sai me? ka rabu da ita mana. rayuwanta ne ba naka ba!!
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by clemcykul(f): 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2011
@tweety
gwara haka.  .ki rabu da shi. bakin ciki ne yake damun sa. inn da a'a Nijeriya kike, da kin ga abun da irin su zazu su yi miki.
@nafav
ko ma a'a Nigeria akwai muslimai da ya wa da suke zama chirsta. akwai su a maiguguri, hada wasu kanawa . . ka zauna a'a katsina kana takurawa mutane . . .
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2011
clemcykul:

@nafav
ko ma a'a Nigeria akwai muslimai da ya wa da suke zama chirsta. akwai su a maiguguri, hada wasu kanawa . . ka zauna a'a katsina kana takurawa mutane . . .

mu muslmi ne ta yadda zai yi end of story, i could care little what you think bro
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by clemcykul(f): 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
better namfav cool . .so long as u mind your business and allow tweety to practice what she believes in. u have your life so does she. Nigerian constitution gave a provision for freedom of speech and "religion". RESPECT other peoples religion the same way you would love yours to be respected. cool
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2011
clemcykul:

better namfav cool . .so long as u mind your business and allow tweety to practice what she believes in. u have your life so does she. Nigerian constitution gave a provision for freedom of speech and "religion". RESPECT other peoples religion the same way you would love yours to be respected. cool

i don't even know her in life how am i an obstacle to whether she is christian or not, she will practice her religion she is free for that she can promite it too, amma ba a arewa cool
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by babyme1(f): 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
Nice blog. More blessings sister
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2011
Thank you baby.me smiley
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by rabzy: 8:32am On Apr 14, 2011
namfav:

why should that matter as far as i know we didn't resist islam, but in a historical context even the meccans resisted islam, what matters is now
hehe she is 'free', she can make whatever choice she wants, 'a cikin ingila'

Tweety121:

@ rabzy from what I understand, the fulani have been predominantly muslim for centuries, before that probably animists/spiritualists/pagan like most Africans were before Islam and Christianity were brought over by conquerors, colonialists and migrants. Although culture is often intertwined with religion, fulani culture in terms of their clothing, food, language, occupations, dwellings, movements and family relationships is mostly distinct from and probably predates Islam.

@ clemcykul To, nagode. Bin che kome ba dan bana so in zo nan in fara fada da kowa.

If all the above is true, then namfav, then becoming a christian does not defulanised her. So please namfav allow some tolerance. God did not de-humanized those who strayed from the path
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Thank you Rabzy.

And lol @ 'defulanise' grin
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Sweetnecta: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
@Tpiah; i'm yoruba. islam is my tradition before my yorubaness. every child of Adam is my sibling. every muslim has additional right over me. i struggle to unform people about Islam, which itself has its own culture unique and independent from all others including arab cultures of makka and madina.

if i do anything that anyone may call 'arab', it is because the messenger [as] and or his followers [ra] did it and not because the arabs do it.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Sweetnecta: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2011
@NAmfav; As sSalaamualaykum wa Rahmatullah.

you need to let this sister be. Allah Subhannah wa Taala says in the Quran, then they become disbelievers after belief. Then they become believers again. They they go into disbelief, again, etc, etc.

The above shows that Allah has the door of belief wide open for those who wish to enter it, before death knocks them dead.

Those who never tasted faith do not know what they are missing. But to get them to taste it will not by force. you have to present Islam in the best manner.

while you do not condemn any religion because the adherents will pull up a wall of resistance, you must however present the sweetness of Iman, hoping that Allah wil open their breasts to receive guidance and light of Iman, while you systematically awake their mind towards the flaws of whatever they belief.

Allah says to Moses about Pharaoh; be gentle in your delivery of guidance. And Moses therefore said peace of Allah is to those who received His guidance.

Allah says to Muhammad [as], be soft with then, hence they may flee away from you.

i have met fulani from mauritanian who calls himself mark on the street of new york city. we also have egyptian arabs who says he is mark, a former teacher at prestigious Al Azar University. yet daily people revert to islam.

a woman died a muslim, less than 3 weeks ago after entering islam through her daughter in just 3 ramadhans ago.

i am hoping that the sisters and brothers on this thread and others will see Islam in a brighter light if we can remove the impurities we have put in it by our manners. who says that the poser and her hausa boyfriend will not in their lifetime become Muslims, even if the wall is a slippery slope to climb right now?

relax, man
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@NAmfav; As sSalaamualaykum wa Rahmatullah.

you need to let this sister be. Allah Subhannah wa Taala says in the Quran, then they become disbelievers after belief. Then they become believers again. They they go into disbelief, again, etc, etc.

The above shows that Allah has the door of belief wide open for those who wish to enter it, before death knocks them dead.

Those who never tasted faith do not know what they are missing. But to get them to taste it will not by force. you have to present Islam in the best manner.

while you do not condemn any religion because the adherents will pull up a wall of resistance, you must however present the sweetness of Iman, hoping that Allah wil open their bosoms to receive guidance and light of Iman, while you systematically awake their mind towards the flaws of whatever they belief.

Allah says to Moses about Pharaoh; be gentle in your delivery of guidance. And Moses therefore said peace of Allah is to those who received His guidance.

Allah says to Muhammad [as], be soft with then, hence they may flee away from you.

i have met fulani from mauritanian who calls himself mark on the street of new york city. we also have egyptian arabs who says he is mark, a former teacher at prestigious Al Azar University. yet daily people revert to islam.

a woman died a muslim, less than 3 weeks ago after entering islam through her daughter in just 3 ramadhans ago.

i am hoping that the sisters and brothers on this thread and others will see Islam in a brighter light if we can remove the impurities we have put in it by our manners. who says that the poser and her hausa boyfriend will not in their lifetime become Muslims, even if the wall is a slippery slope to climb right now?

relax, man

wlk salam

i am not offended by her not being muslim, not at all, she can be non muslim that is not my problem, what she presents about our culture on her website, from her own point of view, is invalid and false, i don't expect her point of view to be valid on our culture, not at all, if she can leave what is true to us (fulani) under those terms then she cannot speak what is true to us now, i will not speak lowly of what she follows as if we have not been insulted worse, it's all in allahs hands, i canot judge whatever she follows, bet it false or whatever
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by MukLdn(m): 5:37am On Apr 18, 2011
Tweety ya garin? nice blog, me to I reside in UK, plenty of Hausawa here (if you dont know) cheesy

Dont mind the above, there are plenty of Fulani and Hausa Christians, although of course they are in the minority.

ki na so'n zaman ingila ne? ko za ki koma Naija wata rana?
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yayade Muk-Ldn?

Yanzu gida na a Ingila ne, ama ina so in koma. We'll see. Are you based in London?
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by MukLdn(m): 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yes East London, the home of foreigners lol. Yourself? ^
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 9:11am On Apr 19, 2011
Muk-Ldn:

Tweety ya garin? nice blog, me to I reside in UK, plenty of Hausawa here (if you dont know) cheesy

Dont mind the above, there are plenty of Fulani and Hausa Christians, although of course they are in the minority.

ki na so'n zaman ingila ne? ko za ki koma Naija wata rana?

wannan ba dai dai bane, tun yaushe anywa? , it may be true with some hausa but fulani? have never come across one and i've come across fulani from north cameroon to mauritania , stop lying, for over 90% of us deen is first
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Kenezi: 2:59am On Apr 20, 2011
Reading this thread there is no wonder why she converted to Christianity. Why anyone would want to be in any group that has core beliefs like navfam is a mystery. I feel sorry for him.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Jenifa1: 3:23am On Apr 20, 2011
this is such a fascinating topic.

I find myself more sympathetic toward namfav's posts but on the other hand, I can somehow relate to tweety121's posts.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Reddfox(m): 8:40am On Apr 20, 2011
Great blog!

Topics and general knowledge about Hausa and Fulani culture/people especially in the Western society are very few and far between. Good to see someone trying to generate the interest.

I think there is a reasonable population of Hausa/Fula people in England, unlike where I live.

Please keep up the good work and don't be discouraged by negative sentiments about your blog or religion. Criticisms are OK, but once they turns into personal attacks, all you can see are gibberish rants that strain your eyes as you try to read them. I honestly admire your ability to follow your conscience even though myself am not a Christian. It is sad to see people stressing emphasis on our differences with negativity, rather than focus on what we share in common positively.

I will try to post my comments on your blog during my spare time. Will definitely add it to my favourites.

Sanu ki!  smiley
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 9:59am On Apr 20, 2011
@ Muk-Ldn I'm in Surrey now, but I've lived in North, South, West and East London (Hackney and Stratford) and yep, plenty foreigners there  grin

@ Kenezi, I agree. I am yet to meet a Muslim that has made me regret my decision to convert  undecided Considerate Muslims like Clemcycul, Sweetnecta and Razby are few and far between and are drowned out by the passion and anger of louder Muslims everywhere else.  .  .

@ Jenifa thanks for your honesty

@Reddfox thanks! Don't worry, my 'westernisation' has made me braver than your average female Fulani, and I've long written about difficult issues. It is easier to follow your conscience when you are not afraid of the reactions of people around you.

http://hausanigerian..com/
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 10:19am On Apr 20, 2011
Tweety121:

@Reddfox thanks! Don't worry, my 'westernisation' has made me braver than your average female Fulani, and I've long tackled difficult issues. It is easier to follow your conscience when you are not afraid of the reactions of people around you.

i knew it would not be long until you insult the integrity of fulani women, leaving islam/a way of life is not a sign of strength or bravery, it's a weakness or you simply took an easy way out,  there are women who are  within islam who have shown bravery in hausa and fulani history, nana asma'u, queen aminatou etc., get that into your head, how can a self procalimed spokeswoman of fulanis say such a thing anywa, i want to see how many god fearing fulani women will be happy with being called cowards, allah ya sawwake
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Meyan: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2011
namfav:

i knew it would not be long until you insult the integrity of fulani women, leaving islam/a way of life is not a sign of strength or bravery, it's a weakness or you simply took an easy way out,  there are women who are  within islam who have shown bravery in hausa and fulani history, nana asma'u, queen aminatou etc., get that into your head, how can a self procalimed spokeswoman of fulanis say such a thing anywa, i want to see how many god fearing fulani women will be happy with being called cowards, allah ya sawwake

You are a fool. Islam is not indigenous to Fulanis, just like Christianity is not indigenous to them either. So from what I’m getting from your posts, it seems you prefer Fulanis to be Islamized than Christianized. But both religious creeds are foreign and not indigenous to Fulanis and Africans in general.  And that is why we (Blacks) continue to suffer at the hands of others (Arabs and Jews) who created these false prophets like Mohammed and Jesus, because over the centuries Blacks were too lazy to develop a unifying religious creed.

And that was what Lugard observed and he wrote this:

"Through the ages, the African appears to have evolved no organised religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural. He lacks the power of organisation, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility - he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue. In brief, the virtues and defects of his race -type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy. Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future."

So Fulanis hanging on to Islam as their identity are just as lost as those who are Christians. You are all idiots.

As a Nigerian, I'd rather follow the teachings of Shango, Olukun or Amadioha than to follow a stinky prophet like Mohammed, or Jesus who we are told was born of a virgin and idiotic Christians believed the fairy tale.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2011
^You might have a point (maybe) if you could prove beyond reasonable doubt, that sango, olokun and amadioha arent also imported religions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Oriki Of Omo Ede - What Is Your Oriki / Ibibio Marriage Rites / Osun Government Bans Social Gatherings At This Year's Osun-Osogbo Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.