Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,283 members, 7,839,390 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England (12310 Views)

Emir Sanusi And Daughter In England (Photo) / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / African Woman Living In American (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Meyan: 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2011
^ It is either you are dumb or you are playing dumb, for you to post that comment as a rebuttal. But I will just take it that you are dumb because only a dumbass will make such a comment.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2011
Meyan:

You are a fool. Islam is not indigenous to Fulanis, just like Christianity is not indigenous to them either. So from what I’m getting from your posts, it seems you prefer Fulanis to be Islamized than Christianized. But both religious creeds are foreign and not indigenous to Fulanis and Africans in general.  And that is why we (Blacks) continue to suffer at the hands of others (Arabs and Jews) who created these false prophets like Mohammed and Jesus, because over the centuries Blacks were too lazy to develop a unifying religious creed.

And that was what Lugard observed and he wrote this:

"Through the ages, the African appears to have evolved no organised religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural. He lacks the power of organisation, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility - he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue. In brief, the virtues and defects of his race -type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy. Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future."

So Fulanis hanging on to Islam as their identity are just as lost as those who are Christians. You are all idiots.

As a Nigerian, I'd rather follow the teachings of Shango, Olukun or Amadioha than to follow a stinky prophet like Mohammed, or Jesus who we are told was born of a virgin and idiotic Christians believed the fairy tale.

islam is our religion, live with it, all fulani nations apart from culture are united by our religion, there is no place you can meet different fulanis at 1 place than a mosque, even if you go back to more than 500 years
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Meyan: 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2011
namfav:

islam is our religion, live with it, all fulani nations apart from culture are united by our religion, there is no place you can meet different fulanis at 1 place than a mosque, even if you go back to more than 500 years

So what you are telling me is that Fulanis had no unity until they got Islamized? And what were the Fulanis of 1000 years ago doing, fighting amongst each other?
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
islam was a unifying factor to fulanis, there is no doubt about that, only through islam that fulanis could unite and be counted do you think we would be were we are now without islam? i can 100% assure you that we would be weaker if we were not muslim, there is a concept in islam which is called ummah, with that it has created a stronger identity with the fulani, most fulani that i have met is through the mosque, we are god fearing people, who follow islam for many centuries, i dare this woman to go to a church or a pagan festival and meet fulanis, she will come back empty handed, but go to a mosque if you want to meet real fulanis, in any case the only way you can find a fulan is non-muslim is the rebels who went against the ideals of their ancestors because they had a crisis with themselves
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Meyan: 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2011
namfav:

islam was a unifying factor to fulanis, there is no doubt about that, only through islam that fulanis could unite and be counted do you think we would be were we are now without islam? i can 100% assure you that we would be weaker if we were not muslim, there is a concept in islam which is called ummah, with that it has created a stronger identity with the fulani, most fulani that i have met is through the mosque, we are god fearing people, who follow islam for many centuries, i dare this woman to go to a church or a pagan festival and meet fulanis, she will come back empty handed, but go to a mosque if you want to meet real fulanis, in any case the only way you can find a fulan is non-muslim is the rebels who went against the ideals of their ancestors because they had a crisis with themselves

And that leads us back to my opening post:

And that is why we (Blacks) continue to suffer at the hands of others (Arabs and Jews) who created these false prophets like Mohammed and Jesus, because over the centuries Blacks were too lazy to develop a unifying religious creed.

And yet we continue to wonder why Arabs and Jews see us as the inferior race, and we are quick to cry racism whenever do.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
Meyan:

^ It is either you are dumb or you are playing dumb, for you to post that comment as a rebuttal. But I will just take it that you are dumb because only a dumbass will make such a comment.

from this response, one must assume the question is beyond your capability to answer, hence the insult cop out.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Nadanbata: 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2011
@topic

sannu da ayki, nice blog.

Me I was born in UK, however i dont like these English. They have zero culture and are racist some what. lols.

@ Namfav

Ka na ina? UK?
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Tweety121(f): 1:56am On Apr 21, 2011
@Nadanbata: Yep they lack a rich culture, but I find them less racist than Americans .  .  .  .

Special shout out to tpiah who made the first (and positive) comment about my blog on Nairaland. Good to see you're still following  grin

The latest post is 'Why Are Hausas More Violent than Other Nigerians?'
http://hausanigerian..com/2011/04/are-hausanortherners-more-violent-than.html
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 7:07am On Apr 21, 2011
Nadanbata:

@ Namfav

Ka na ina? UK?

america
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 7:28am On Apr 21, 2011
Meyan:

And that leads us back to my opening post:

And that is why we (Blacks) continue to suffer at the hands of others (Arabs and Jews) who created these false prophets like Mohammed and Jesus, because over the centuries Blacks were too lazy to develop a unifying religious creed.

And yet we continue to wonder why Arabs and Jews see us as the inferior race, and we are quick to cry racism whenever do.

the arabs were the first who rejected islam, you're acting like arabs accepted islam by a strong will, islam was accepted better in east africa than in medina
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Meyan: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2011
tpiah!:

from this response, one must assume the question is beyond your capability to answer, hence the insult cop out.

And assumptions are not always right, dumbass. Now, get lost.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Meyan: 8:44am On Apr 21, 2011
namfav:

the arabs were the first who rejected islam, you're acting like arabs accepted islam by a strong will, islam was accepted better in east africa than in medina

And the Jews were the first to reject Jesus, and in fact, they orchestrated his death. And we are made to believe he rose on the third day which was another fairy tale, and Christianity was accepted better in West Africa than in Jerusalem.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 8:58am On Apr 21, 2011
Meyan:

And the Jews were the first to reject Jesus, and in fact, they orchestrated his death. And we are made to believe he rose on the third day which was another fairy tale, and Christianity was accepted better in West Africa than in Jerusalem.

the jews was not a christian though, neither was jesus
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Meyan: 9:18am On Apr 21, 2011
But he was a Jew, and Mohammed was an Arab. So, Mohammed was not Fulani neither was Jesus. So who were the Fulani Prophets or Messengers of Allah/God before they got seduced by Islam or Christianity? As a Nigerian, I would rather follow the teaching of that Fulani Prophet, than to follow the teachings of an Arab called Mohammed.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by namfav(m): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2011
jesus was jew and not a christian, his people were not christians, they did not 'reject' him because they rejected a religion, anyway how we muslims understand jesus is different

prophet muhammed(as) was arab, and muslim, his people were not muslim at first

do you see a different
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Meyan: 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2011
That was not what I asked you. I don't care about Jesus who was a Jew, or Mohammed who was an Arab. My question was, before Fulanis got Islamized, who was their Prophet? Who were their Messengers of God/or Allah?

Or are you telling me they had none, and until they found Islam, they were just a bunch of lost souls waiting for a redeemer and roaming the surface of the earth for centuries with no direction and religious creed?
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by dempeople(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2011
@ OP,

Interesting blog. Keep it up and try not to be discouraged.

@Namfav,

Why heckle the lady cos she converted from Islam to xtianity? I read in your posts on this thread where you kept on referring to Islam as the truth. Brother, in all sincerity, no one knows the truth. The truth is what we all perceive to be the truth and should be respected for our individual decisions on religion.

Islam is NOT your identity - was never and will never be. You're a fulani man and your identity as a fulani predates Islam itself. Don't be too much attached to Islam to extent of consternation and rebuke of your fellow fulani sister who converted from it. No need to be fanatical about this religion.

You're African before Islam. You can't change from the former but the latter.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Baayanjida(m): 5:44am On Oct 04, 2011
@tweet121 and other Igbo who supporting her.
This pretended Hausa/Fulani woman is nothing but Igbo woman and player.
I have Good news for you,we Hausa and Fulani of Nigeria united against corrupted people like you.

There are thousands of Hausa in Europe and Americas ,unlike you they didn't  sees Western world any spacial than Africa. Of course we are here too,and I am one of them,we are here for school and business not for living become western slaves.
Unlike your igbo and yoruba people who dreaming to be Western slaves,Hausa/Fulani people regarding themselves as leader of their homeland not a servant of Europeans.

Of course ,we are 99.5% Muslims,from Senegal to blue Nile of Sudan we are Hausa and Muslims,and proud people of Africa.
We don't speak Arabic just because we love islam,we speak Hausa our own native language.
Unlike you,inferior igbos who worshiping your white masters, Hausa/Fulani did not speak Arabic or willing to speak Arabic. We are hausa,and we are our own master,thats what make us the great people of Africa.

Islam is Afro-Asiatic religion and christianity is European made religion,and Hausa are 110% Afro-asiatic people,we speak it and behave like it.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by Taharka29(m): 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2011
@Tweety121 You are very beautiful, I was wondering do Hausa and Fulani women marry outside their Ethnicity.
Re: New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England by mujaheed08: 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
namfav:

hehehe, gaskiya kam da sauranka dan uwa.
You are chasing a mirage! if all Fulani are like you, the north wouldn't have been stronger. I was very surprised when I realized that you came from the northwest. I think either you are reading some very old books of Fulani myths or you are a descendant of shehu.
But you are lying if you say the Fulanis were made for Islam, even Arabs wont say that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani/ Hausa Myths, Mythology And Legends / The Meaning Of Aguda / Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.