Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" (8763 Views)

Oge Okoye And Muna Ibekwe's Hot Scene In Blackberry Babes (Video) / Watch Nollywood Movie: Blackberry Babes (bbb) / Watch "blackberry Babes(bbb) Pt. 1 & 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by MissyB3(f): 11:54pm On Mar 20, 2011
naijangel7:

And as for the movie, it's the worst piece of garbage to ever come out of Nollywood. The worst acting, the lamest storylines.
This is your opinion, but, objectively speaking, you're wrong. This isn't the worst movie Nollywood ever produced. Nah!

naijangel7:

Is that how girls dress to classes in Nigerian unis? Like they are going clubbing?
Yes! Some even wear clothes more revealing. Seriously what did those ladies wear that Naija babes don't wear?

naijangel7:

Whenever Nollywood tries to step up, rubbish movies like this keep coming along. Really horrible movie.
Ehn? 

naijangel7:

No storyline, no plot, no sense.
Hello? This movie doesn't have a storyline/plot? Maybe you should give us your definition of what a storyline and a plot is respectively, so we could assess by that. For I could have sworn that every movie* do have a storyine/plot irrespective of whether or not it makes sense to an individual, as, that is actually subjective. What am I missing?  undecided
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by naijangel7(f): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2011
@Missy B, who said the clothes were too revealing? i said they dressed like they were going clubbing, mostly. I attended two Nigerian unis in the East and in the West of Naija and girls for the most part wear a lot of jeans, revealing top or not. Yes, some girls dress like they are going clubbing sometimes but they are looked at strangely. There's a difference between revealing and clubbing. I don't know where u saw revealing in my post. How many girls wear 6 inch heels to class everyday, for example? Check out the difference in the movie when Keisha wears the same dress but with lower-heeled shoes. Looked more like our regular campus chick! Tiny little ideas have major impacts on the screen. There are costume designers on a movie set for a reason. Nollywood has no excuse about being a budding industry anymore. We've come of age abeg. Won't waste my time on a drawn out argument. Go watch a Jeta Amata movie and then we can have a talk. i really wonder why Nigerians choose to celebrate mediocrity. it's reflected in our politics, everything. MEDIOCRITY! anyway, someone on Youtube pointed out that it's a comedy. so maybe that explains the disgusting americana acting and crappy storyline.

Rugged Man stepped up the rap game, Tuface stepped up originality and confidence in our musicians, (today Dbanj is able to rub shoulders with the likes of Snoop and Kanye) there's been a revolution in music vids to such an extent that one hardly finds a crappy Naija music vid these days no matter how bad the artiste is. You'll eat your words of praise for this corny(at best) movie in the near-future as more Jeta Amatas emerge.

Go and check this out:
https://www.facebook.com/BlackGoldFilm

There's a reason why AMAZING GRACE and this new film are the only ones that have made waves in recognised global events. Jeta's passion and professionalism shine through. As much as i'm proud of Nollywood, Nigerians really have to demand more from movie producers and actors. That's when we'll get good quality acting, directing and strong storylines. It's just a money-making venture for them so far. Time will tell.
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by Vieira(m): 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2011
naijangel7:

@Missy B, who said the clothes were too revealing? i said they dressed like they were going clubbing, mostly. I attended two Nigerian unis in the East and in the West of Naija and girls for the most part wear a lot of jeans, revealing top or not. Yes, some girls dress like they are going clubbing sometimes but they are looked at strangely. There's a difference between revealing and clubbing. I don't know where u saw revealing in my post. How many girls wear 6 inch heels to class everyday, for example? Check out the difference in the movie when Keisha wears the same dress but with lower-heeled shoes. Looked more like our regular campus chick! Tiny little ideas have major impacts on the screen. There are costume designers on a movie set for a reason. Nollywood has no excuse about being a budding industry anymore. We've come of age abeg. Won't waste my time on a drawn out argument. Go watch a Jeta Amata movie and then we can have a talk. i really wonder why Nigerians choose to celebrate mediocrity. it's reflected in our politics, everything. MEDIOCRITY! anyway, someone on Youtube pointed out that it's a comedy. so maybe that explains the disgusting americana acting and crappy storyline.

Rugged Man stepped up the rap game, Tuface stepped up originality and confidence in our musicians, (today Dbanj is able to rub shoulders with the likes of Snoop and Kanye) there's been a revolution in music vids to such an extent that one hardly finds a crappy Naija music vid these days no matter how bad the artiste is. You'll eat your words of praise for this corny(at best) movie in the near-future as more Jeta Amatas emerge.

Go and check this out:

There's a reason why AMAZING GRACE and this new film are the only ones that have made waves in recognised global events. Jeta's passion and professionalism shine through. As much as i'm proud of Nollywood, Nigerians really have to demand more from movie producers and actors. That's when we'll get good quality acting, directing and strong storylines. It's just a money-making venture for them so far. Time will tell.

If I was not already married, I would marry you for this post alone!
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by naijangel7(f): 12:10am On Mar 22, 2011
Vieira:

If I was not already married, I would marry you for this post alone!

LOL
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by MissyB3(f): 12:35am On Mar 22, 2011
naijangel7:

@Missy B, who said the clothes were too revealing? i said they dressed like they were going clubbing, mostly. I attended two Nigerian unis in the East and in the West of Naija and girls for the most part wear a lot of jeans, revealing top or not. Yes, some girls dress like they are going clubbing sometimes but they are looked at strangely. There's a difference between revealing and clubbing. I don't know where u saw revealing in my post. How many girls wear 6 inch heels to class everyday, for example? Check out the difference in the movie when Keisha wears the same dress but with lower-heeled shoes. Looked more like our regular campus chick! Tiny little ideas have major impacts on the screen.
I assumed, by ''dressed like they are going clubbing '' you meant they dressed
too revealing, seeing that you gave no explanation what you meant by the expression. Excuse the misinterpretation.
However,  I must point out that, it's quite ridiculous to ignore important elements that make up a movie and concentrate on trivialities like how unrealistically dressed the actors were.  undecided

naijangel7:

Nollywood has no excuse about being a budding industry anymore. We've come of age abeg. Won't waste my time on a drawn out argument. Go watch a Jeta Amata movie and then we can have a talk. i really wonder why Nigerians choose to celebrate mediocrity. it's reflected in our politics, everything. MEDIOCRITY! anyway, someone on Youtube pointed out that it's a comedy. so maybe that explains the disgusting americana acting and crappy storyline.
Nollywood, like other film industries, produces good and crappy movies. As imperfect as Nollywood may be, it's quite obvious that it isn't stagnant. Nollywood has improved in recent years and hopefully, it continues to do so as, there's enough room for improvement.
That said, my attention is on this particular movie ''BBB'' which you say is crap, for feeble reasons.
It's a comedy, even the title is suggestive of that. Why would anyone use the same criteria for a comedy that parodies the society, a genre in which anything goes, as well as for a 'serious' genre, say, tragedy that's educational and has a moral?
Good quality, good acting, good and realistic themes and most importantly, entertaining/funny, why then wouldn't one excuse the few scenes that weren't well thought-out?!

naijangel7:

Go and check this out:

Jeta is good, no one disputes that.  . . . He isn't the only good director around either.
Some Nollywood movies  have reached international renown - Ije, Black gold, Anchor
baby, Aromire ; the figurine and, there are countless others that didn't reach international renown but are equally good.

Nollywood isn't the best. . . .It just isn't crap either.
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by naijangel7(f): 12:46am On Mar 22, 2011
Can't remember calling Nollywood crap. Or saying Jeta Amata is the only good director. I have a director friend in Nollywood that can rival Jeta anyday. His time will come.

So you call Tonto Dikeh's acting in that movie "good acting"? Your argument is still geared towards celebrating mediocrity. For example:

Missy ★ B:

I must point out that, it's quite ridiculous to ignore important elements that make up a movie and concentrate on trivialities like how unrealistically dressed the actors were.  undecided

Missy ★ B:

why then wouldn't one excuse the few scenes that weren't well thought-out?!

So costume is not an "important element" in movie making? I suggest you watch more "behind-the-scenes" or "the-making-of" footage of international movies and see the amount of effort that goes into every single detail of the final productions we enjoy. Every single element is as important as the other. I complain about mediocrity and you say "feeble reasons". We should "excuse" bad acting, "excuse" bad directing, "excuse" bad leadership, "excuse" "excuse" excuse". Mediocrity, not just corruption,  is the bane of development in Naija. I keep saying it.
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by MissyB3(f): 1:18am On Mar 22, 2011
naijangel7:

So you call Tonto Dikeh's acting in that movie "good acting"? Your argument is still geared towards celebrating mediocrity. For example:

So costume is not an "important element" in movie making? I suggest you watch more "behind-the-scenes" or "the-making-of" footage of international movies and see the amount of effort that goes into every single detail of the final productions we enjoy. Every single element is as important as the other. I complain about mediocrity and you say "feeble reasons".
Costume is important, but you just choose to take unnecessary potshots. How relevant is the height of heels compared to important elements like the plot, characters, entertainment value, acting, theme?
'Geisha' wore a 6 inch heels, the average university student doesn't on a regular basis, you say . . . How is that important? It's not like there's a defined dress code for university students that wasn't followed.
No rules broken . . .No abnormality portrayed.

Tonto was great too and I don't know how much effort was put into the production of that movie but one thing is sure . . . . I had a wonderful time viewing it. Nice movie!  cheesy

naijangel7:

I complain about mediocrity and you say "feeble reasons". We should "excuse" bad acting, "excuse" bad directing, "excuse" bad leadership, "excuse" "excuse" excuse". Mediocrity, not just corruption,  is the bane of development in Naija. I keep saying it.
Now, it's no more about the heels but, the directing and this and that? Okay!
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by naijangel7(f): 1:35am On Mar 22, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Now, it's no more about the heels but, the directing and this and that? Okay!

Did i mention heels in my first post which u willingly chose to respond to? Go back and read it and see the areas i have a problem with. Don't remember advising you not to enjoy the crappy movie either. You already pointed out that it's MY opinion. That's just what it is. MY opinion.

Missy ★ B:

No rules broken . . .No abnormality portrayed.

WOW this had me pmsl. Really?
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 22, 2011
Nollywood is crap! The only producers /directors I respect in Nollywood are Tade Ogidan, Tunde Afolayan and may be Teco Benson. Nollywood should learn from the 9ja music industry; spend money on movies and make use of more casts and technology
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by ochukoccna: 9:07am On Aug 03, 2011
Nairaland was mentioned in BBB? undecided undecided undecided
And so? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Kini big deal grin grin grin grin

BBB, [size=14pt]seriously mentally deficient movie[/size]
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by mamagee3(f): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2011
Let's go Oluwaseun Osewa!!!

Nairaland is going global. . . cheesy
Re: Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes" by UyiIredia(m): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2011
so what undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jim Iyke To Host Own Reality Show. / Desmond Elliot's Movie "Reflections" / Mtn New Mobile Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.