Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? (1388 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by emkz: 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
Folks, I ask this question due to an earlier thread where it was reported that a pastor was jailed for defrauding a UK-based woman.

Is there any record in biblical text showing the Lord Jesus Christ collected tithe and offering?

What is the justification for it in modern-day churches if they are supposed to be modelled after Christ? Why are they emphasized in pecuniary terms (with many churches having envelops for tithes and offering).

I am not a Bible scholar nor a religious apologist nor am I a follower of Daddy Freeze (I am indifferent to him). I just want to understand why it is so important.

1 Like

Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by Cerveau(f): 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2020
emkz:
Folks, I ask this question due to an earlier thread where it was reported that a pastor was jailed for defrauding a UK-based woman.

Is there any record in biblical text showing the Lord Jesus Christ collected tithe and offering?

What is the justification for it in modern-day churches if they are supposed to be modelled after Christ? Why are they emphasized in pecuniary terms (with many churches having envelops for tithes and offering).

I am not a Bible scholar nor a religious apologist nor am I a follower of Daddy Freeze (I am indifferent to him). I just want to understand why it is so important.

The Bible did not say if Jesus Christ took the offerings that was paid in churches, but what it did say is, offerings and titles were paid before Jesus Christ. This makes it biblical and acceptable before God.

Mark 12:41-44 says "And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

so offerings was paid during the time of Jesus Christ.

Luke 11:42 says “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

Titheing was also done in the time of Jesus Christ....

So OP the right question should be, "what did Jesus/Priests do with the tithes and offerings offered during their time? This will guild us in knowing the true purpose of our tithes and offerings today!
Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by emkz: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
Cerveau:

The Bible did not say if Jesus Christ took the offerings that was paid in churches, but what it did say is, offerings and titles were paid before Jesus Christ. This makes it biblical and acceptable before God.

Mark 12:41-44 says "And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

so offerings was paid during the time of Jesus Christ.

Luke 11:42 says “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

Titheing was also done in the time of Jesus Christ....

So OP the right question should be, "what did Jesus/Priests do with the tithes and offerings offered during their time? This will guild us in knowing the true purpose of our tithes and offerings today!

Thanks for your insight. I asked if the Lord Jesus received the tithes and offerings Himself. If I read you correctly, you state that there is no record He did but tithes were paid during His time.

At your bolded quote, you neglected an aspect of my submission: Why are they emphasized in pecuniary terms (with many churches having envelops for tithes and offering). Why it is so important? Perhaps, your answer to the last question would encapsulate the answer to your own question. I like to get your insight please. If I read the Book of Genesis to Levitcus correctly, they offered animals as sacrifices. At what point did it transmute to money offerings? I ask because money is not something created by God...

1 Like

Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by coolsegun2002: 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
emkz:

Jesus wasn’t a priest/Levite, so he couldn’t have collected tithe from anyone ....however he ddnt condemn paying it either becos he was asked (Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42)

As regards offering ... my opinion is that the Bible didn’t record that Jesus ever did a particular work.. but its likely that he would have worked for some time before his ministry started

...the Bible did record they had a money bag kept in the custody of Judas iscariot(which he stole from).
Where did this money come from.? Some scholars suggest that it may be offering or gift from people he ministered to when he and the disciples moved from place to place...but this money isn’t much ..because Jesus was not recorded as someone that huge wealth... infact when it was time to pay tax....he sorted it supernaturally buy sending Peter to go get the money from the mouth of a fish...

The real account of giving offering came from the apostles...when the church age began....people gave to help the move of the gospel, help widows, and others that ddnt have....infact some sold land.....

and Paul specifically suggested that giving of offering be done every sundays so that it’s not collected when it is needed (1Cor 16v2)......

People give a lot in mordern times that the olden days...It’s just bad that these days some of our pastors has turn it to an opportunity to enrich themselves only...

2 Likes

Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by Jones4190(m): 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
emkz:

the answer is very simple,
When God gave the commandment of tithe, He clearly stated who would pay the tithe; who would receive the tithe; and the purpose of receiving the tithe. He said the tithe would be paid by Israelites (except those from the tribe of Levi), Jesus was not from levi, he was from judia. He said that only the Levites were permitted to receive tithe and also said it was for their service in the tabernacle of the congregation. God actually gave them the tithe as an inheritance (Numbers18: 21–24).

"For you to be eligible to pay tithe, you have to come from any of the tribes of Israel, apart from the tribe of Levi....

"Though Gentile Christians are children of Abraham, we were not given any tribe. As long as you don’t have an Israeli’s international passport, you are not eligible to give tithe. The instruction was very specific.

"Second, if you are eligible to give tithe, you are permitted to give the tithe only to one set of people called the Levites....

"The Levites are simply those from the tribe of Levi. Even in the New Testament of the Bible, the scripture clearly tells us that only the Levites are permitted to receive tithe (Hebrews 7:5). If you give your tithe to non-Levite, you are going against God’s instruction. And it will be counted against you as a sin.

"I will also like to state that there is nothing like spiritual Levites. We may have spiritual Israelites but not spiritual Levites or spiritual Benjaminite. I will also like to state here that priests did not receive tithe from the Israelites. The Israelites gave their tithe to Levites and Levites would then give 10 percent of the tithe to Priests (Numbers 18:26–28).

"Third, for you to be eligible to receive tithe, you must be a Levite. It’s very clear in the scripture. When a non-Levite receives tithe, the person has gone against the instruction of God. Such person has committed a sin. If you are not from the tribe of Levi, then you are not a Levite.

"There is nothing like a spiritual Levite. This explains why Jesus Christ, who was from the tribe of Judah, didn’t receive tithe from anyone. Apart from the fact that Jesus didn’t ask the Israelites to pay tithe to him, He still encouraged them to continue paying their tithe. In Matthew 22:23, He rebuked the Pharisees that they pay tithe, which is less important, and leave the more important things like justice, mercy and faithfulness. He then encouraged them to do both the less important ones and the more important ones. In other words, He encouraged them to continue paying tithe to the Levites. That was simply the law. Only Levites could receive tithe and only israel will paid tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by emkz: 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
Jones4190:

the answer is very simple,
When God gave the commandment of tithe, He clearly stated who would pay the tithe; who would receive the tithe; and the purpose of receiving the tithe. He said the tithe would be paid by Israelites (except those from the tribe of Levi), Jesus was not from levi, he was from judia. He said that only the Levites were permitted to receive tithe and also said it was for their service in the tabernacle of the congregation. God actually gave them the tithe as an inheritance (Numbers18: 21–24).

"For you to be eligible to pay tithe, you have to come from any of the tribes of Israel, apart from the tribe of Levi....

"Though Gentile Christians are children of Abraham, we were not given any tribe. As long as you don’t have an Israeli’s international passport, you are not eligible to give tithe. The instruction was very specific.

"Second, if you are eligible to give tithe, you are permitted to give the tithe only to one set of people called the Levites....

"The Levites are simply those from the tribe of Levi. Even in the New Testament of the Bible, the scripture clearly tells us that only the Levites are permitted to receive tithe (Hebrews 7:5). If you give your tithe to non-Levite, you are going against God’s instruction. And it will be counted against you as a sin.

"I will also like to state that there is nothing like spiritual Levites. We may have spiritual Israelites but not spiritual Levites or spiritual Benjaminite. I will also like to state here that priests did not receive tithe from the Israelites. The Israelites gave their tithe to Levites and Levites would then give 10 percent of the tithe to Priests (Numbers 18:26–28).

"Third, for you to be eligible to receive tithe, you must be a Levite. It’s very clear in the scripture. When a non-Levite receives tithe, the person has gone against the instruction of God. Such person has committed a sin. If you are not from the tribe of Levi, then you are not a Levite.

"There is nothing like a spiritual Levite. This explains why Jesus Christ, who was from the tribe of Judah, didn’t receive tithe from anyone. Apart from the fact that Jesus didn’t ask the Israelites to pay tithe to him, He still encouraged them to continue paying their tithe. In Matthew 22:23, He rebuked the Pharisees that they pay tithe, which is less important, and leave the more important things like justice, mercy and faithfulness. He then encouraged them to do both the less important ones and the more important ones. In other words, He encouraged them to continue paying tithe to the Levites. That was simply the law. Only Levites could receive tithe and only israel will paid tithe.

Quite lengthy but very enlightening. So you are saying the Nigerian Pastors who collect tithe are wrong in doing so since they are not Levites and Nigerian churchgoers are wtmrong in paying since they are not Israelites? How then should worship centers be maintained and who takes care of the modern day priests?

What about offering?

2 Likes

Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by Cerveau(f): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
emkz:

Thanks for your insight. I asked if the Lord Jesus received the tithes and offerings Himself. If I read you correctly, you state that there is no record He did but tithes were paid during His time.

At your bolded quote, you neglected an aspect of my submission: Why are they emphasized in pecuniary terms (with many churches having envelops for tithes and offering). Why it is so important? Perhaps, your answer to the last question would encapsulate the answer to your own question. I like to get your insight please. If I read the Book of Genesis to Levitcus correctly, they offered animals as sacrifices. At what point did it transmute to money offerings? I ask because money is not something created by God...

Yes you read my first submission correctly, there isn't any record of Jesus Christ personally collecting tithes and offerings but there is a record of him withnessing it.

The use of envelopes, bank transfers or even POS to pay titles and offerings are pretty normal if you ask me. All these are results of modernization and technological advancements... Someday tithes and offerings would be paid via crytocurrencies. Provided it follows the biblical principle of one tenth of your income.

Now if I understand you correctly, you're wondering why we don't bring animals and produce to church as tithes anymore, like they did in the old testament, why has the trend shifted to using monetary values instead?

To be honest, in the time of Jesus Christ, people used both animals, farm produces, silver, gold, coins etc while giving to God. Same is still being practiced today, people still bring physical products to church as Thanksgiving (sacrifices). Although money has become the prefered form. This in itself isn't a bad thing. Man created money as a measure of value and God does not condemn this. What he does condemn is our love for money.

Having said that, it's important to know that giving in form of money, animals, farm produces or any other form we choose is of little importance to God. What he is after is the heart doing the giving, for God loves a cheerful giver 2 Cor 9:6-7 "whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver"
Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by Janosky: 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
emkz:

Neither Jesus Christ nor the disciples collected paid or collected tithes. Them no do am .
2 Corinthians 9:7, Acts 2:42-47 and Luke 21:1-4, what they did was voluntary contributions.

Tithes was part of the Mosaic Law which Christ abolished via his ransom sacrifice.

If you want to tithe , Omo you must dey do animal sacrifice to atone for your sins and you must not lift a finger to do any work on Sabbath day (Saturday) & all the Mosaic gbogbotigbo .

It reeks of hypocrisy & delusion to cherry pick some portions of Mosaic Law for self serving gains and leave out others.

Tithes na gods of men & Pastorpreneurs feeding bottles, dey will defend it like kilode.

Come & tell me that Covid-19 induced recession no touch their sheeples who have been promised a windfall of prosperity for tithing
cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by emkz: 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
Cerveau:

Yes you read my first submission correctly, there isn't any record of Jesus Christ personally collecting tithes and offerings but there is a record of him withnessing it.

The use of envelopes, bank transfers or even POS to pay titles and offerings are pretty normal if you ask me. All these are results of modernization and technological advancements... Someday tithes and offerings would be paid via crytocurrencies. Provided it follows the biblical principle of one tenth of your income.

Now if I understand you correctly, you're wondering why we don't bring animals and produce to church as tithes anymore, like they did in the old testament, why has the trend shifted to using monetary values instead?

To be honest, in the time of Jesus Christ, people used both animals, farm produces, silver, gold, coins etc while giving to God. Same is still being practiced today, people still bring physical products to church as Thanksgiving (sacrifices). Although money has become the prefered form. This in itself isn't a bad thing. Man created money as a measure of value and God does not condemn this. What he does condemn is our love for money.

Having said that, it's important to know that giving in form of money, animals, farm produces or any other form we choose is of little importance to God. What he is after is the heart doing the giving, for God loves a cheerful giver 2 Cor 9:6-7 "whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver"

Jones4190 makes a very interesting case for who is mandated to give and who is mandated to receive, I am waiting for his answer to my question as to whether Nigerian Pastors are permitted to receive tithe...

What are your thoughts on his reasoning? I really like your reasoning about the heart giving rather than the content given: I once attended two services in a church one Sunday and the Pastor collected tithe on both services. Now I like to give because I want to, but I noticed some were giving to show off. I was uncomfortable.

Another instance, you said 1 tenth of your income, why do pastors collect every Sunday whereas many earn monthly and not weekly?

When I was abroad, the Church organized a meeting of all members and showed us account of monies that came in, monies spent and balance left. He then outlined the projects for the coming year and the members discussed. Do you support this kind of system in Nigeria? Do you support churches paying taxes? Why (or not)?
Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by Cerveau(f): 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
emkz:

Jones4190 makes a very interesting case for who is mandated to give and who is mandated to receive, I am waiting for his answer to my question as to whether Nigerian Pastors are permitted to receive tithe...

What are your thoughts on his reasoning? I really like your reasoning about the heart giving rather than the content given: I once attended two services in a church one Sunday and the Pastor collected tithe on both services. Now I like to give because I want to, but I noticed some were giving to show off. I was uncomfortable.

Another instance, you said 1 tenth of your income, why do pastors collect every Sunday whereas many earn monthly and not weekly?

When I was abroad, the Church organized a meeting of all members and showed us account of monies that came in, monies spent and balance left. He then outlined the projects for the coming year and the members discussed. Do you support this kind of system in Nigeria? Do you support churches paying taxes? Why (or not)?
My dear friend, I'm happy to announce to you that almost everything is wrong with the way churches are being run in Nigeria. The list of what's wrong with our churches is endless. As for the financial aspect, it should give any right thinking person sleepless nights. So if you're confused, it means you're thinking right!

Jones4190 seem to be a Bible scholar, he backed up his insights with the scriptures, and I didn't see any scriptural misinterpretations, so we should listen to him on the matter of tithe.

I've never really been a big fan of tithing, it has always been something I couldn't get my thoughts around. But giving on the other hand has been something I encourage everyone to do. Because the bible was totally clear on that.

When giving to God, it has to be done right and in accordance to his instructions, else it just a waste of your time and resources. Like you mentioned, giving to show off falls under wasted resources like I mentioned above Matthew 6:1-4. Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you

There is alot I'd love to say about giving, but for the sake of a lengthy write-up.

Everyone in church deserves to know how and why every penny that enters the church is being spent. Paul admonished the church to be transparent and honest in their dealings. God is not an author of confusion, hence he would never support shady dealings.
Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by emkz: 4:45am On Nov 19, 2020
Cerveau:

My dear friend, I'm happy to announce to you that almost everything is wrong with the way churches are being run in Nigeria. The list of what's wrong with our churches is endless. As for the financial aspect, it should give any right thinking person sleepless nights. So if you're confused, it means you're thinking right!

Jones4190 seem to be a Bible scholar, he backed up his insights with the scriptures, and I didn't see any scriptural misinterpretations, so we should listen to him on the matter of tithe.

I've never really been a big fan of tithing, it has always been something I couldn't get my thoughts around. But giving on the other hand has been something I encourage everyone to do. Because the bible was totally clear on that.

When giving to God, it has to be done right and in accordance to his instructions, else it just a waste of your time and resources. Like you mentioned, giving to show off falls under wasted resources like I mentioned above Matthew 6:1-4. Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you

There is alot I'd love to say about giving, but for the sake of a lengthy write-up.

Everyone in church deserves to know how and why every penny that enters the church is being spent. Paul admonished the church to be transparent and honest in their dealings. God is not an author of confusion, hence he would never support shady dealings.

God bless you richly. I have gained immensely from this discussion. Thanks for the momentous words: "God is not an author of confusion, hence he would never support shady dealings."
Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by emkz: 4:46am On Nov 19, 2020
Janosky:

Neither Jesus Christ nor the disciples collected paid or collected tithes. Them no do am .
2 Corinthians 9:7, Acts 2:42-47 and Luke 21:1-4, what they did was voluntary contributions.

Tithes was part of the Mosaic Law which Christ abolished via his ransom sacrifice.

If you want to tithe , Omo you must dey do animal sacrifice to atone for your sins and you must not lift a finger to do any work on Sabbath day (Saturday) & all the Mosaic gbogbotigbo .

It reeks of hypocrisy & delusion to cherry pick some portions of Mosaic Law for self serving gains and leave out others.

Tithes na gods of men & Pastorpreneurs feeding bottles, dey will defend it like kilode.

Come & tell me that Covid-19 induced recession no touch their sheeples who have been promised a windfall of prosperity for tithing
cheesy grin cheesy grin

You are mouthed Bros. Thanks for your submission.
Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by Jones4190(m): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2020
emkz:

Quite lengthy but very enlightening. So you are saying the Nigerian Pastors who collect tithe are wrong in doing so since they are not Levites and Nigerian churchgoers are wtmrong in paying since they are not Israelites? How then should worship centers be maintained and who takes care of the modern day priests?

What about offering?
It’s a sin to pay or receive tithe. If you are a Christian do not pay tithe again so that you don’t incur the wrath of God. If Israelites do not pay tithe now, then why should you, a non-Israelite pay tithe. Even if you are a spiritual Israelite, why should you pay tithe whereas the physical Israelites don’t?

"If you are a man of God, please do not receive tithe again so that you don’t incur the wrath of God. If Jesus Christ, Apostle Paul, Apostle Peter, and co didn’t receive tithe, why then should you receive tithe? There are many other kinds of offering you can receive.

"You can receive the regular offering, partnership offering, sacrificial offering, but not tithe. The tithe system is against the poor. Yes, the tithe system takes from the poor to take care of the rich. But we are supposed to take from the rich and take care of the poor. You must stop now! Why am I telling you this? It is an instruction from the Lord. Can the instruction be found in the Bible?"
Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by Jones4190(m): 7:42am On Nov 19, 2020
emkz:

imagine if Jesus Christ who was from Israel couldn’t receive tithe because He didn’t come from the tribe of Levi, how then can a non-Israeli pastor from Africa or America be entitled to receive tithe? This also explains why Apostle Peter, Apostle Paul and the other apostles couldn’t receive tithe from anyone. Though they were men of God, they couldn’t receive tithe because they were not Levites.

"It will also interest you that presently we have some non-Levite Jewish Rabbis who are in charge of synagogues but do not receive tithe. Though they are Rabbis and are “physical” citizens of Israel, they don’t receive tithe because the law does not permit them. Any non-Levite who receives tithe sins grievously against God.

tithe cannot be paid or received in this dispensation because the purpose of giving tithe to Levites can no longer be fulfilled now. Why did God command that tithe should be given to the Levites?

"Levites were given the tithe simply because they serve at the temple of congregation. But because the temple has been destroyed, the Levites can no longer serve at the temple. So, even if you are eligible to give or receive tithe, you cannot give or receive tithe now because the temple has been destroyed.

"Do you know that no Israelite pays or receives tithe today? Yes, they have stopped giving tithe until the temple is rebuilt. Please note that when the temple is rebuilt, Christians will still not join the Jews in paying and receiving tithe because the tithe system was not created to cater for Christians. Rather, it was created to cater for Levites. This explains why the early Christians who existed before the temple was destroyed neither paid nor received tithe."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by Cerveau(f): 7:45am On Nov 19, 2020
emkz:

God bless you richly. I have gained immensely from this discussion. Thanks for the momentous eords: "God is not an author of confusion, hence he would never support shady dealings."
it's an honor
Re: Did The Lord Jesus Christ Collect Tithes And Offerings? by emkz: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jones4190:

imagine if Jesus Christ who was from Israel couldn’t receive tithe because He didn’t come from the tribe of Levi, how then can a non-Israeli pastor from Africa or America be entitled to receive tithe? This also explains why Apostle Peter, Apostle Paul and the other apostles couldn’t receive tithe from anyone. Though they were men of God, they couldn’t receive tithe because they were not Levites.

"It will also interest you that presently we have some non-Levite Jewish Rabbis who are in charge of synagogues but do not receive tithe. Though they are Rabbis and are “physical” citizens of Israel, they don’t receive tithe because the law does not permit them. Any non-Levite who receives tithe sins grievously against God.

tithe cannot be paid or received in this dispensation because the purpose of giving tithe to Levites can no longer be fulfilled now. Why did God command that tithe should be given to the Levites?

"Levites were given the tithe simply because they serve at the temple of congregation. But because the temple has been destroyed, the Levites can no longer serve at the temple. So, even if you are eligible to give or receive tithe, you cannot give or receive tithe now because the temple has been destroyed.

"Do you know that no Israelite pays or receives tithe today? Yes, they have stopped giving tithe until the temple is rebuilt. Please note that when the temple is rebuilt, Christians will still not join the Jews in paying and receiving tithe because the tithe system was not created to cater for Christians. Rather, it was created to cater for Levites. This explains why the early Christians who existed before the temple was destroyed neither paid nor received tithe."

Thanks for your insight and rejoinder. It is very elucidating.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

David Didn't Killed Goliath, Bible Verse. / Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical / Theobarth Global Foundation Grant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.