Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? (1366 Views)

Fintrak Software Academy/graduate Trainee 2023 / Fintrak Software Wants Us To Sign 4 Years Bond, What Do You Guys Think?? / My Mum Wants Me To Take Over Her School But I Want Something Else. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? by Mndee: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
Fintrak Software Wants me To Sign 4 Years Bond,
Is there anyone within the company that could share some information?
Re: Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? by etrange: 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
What kind of bond? What's the implication of walking away before the end of the four years? I'm asking cause it all depends on the terms. Years back, I got a job that required me to sign such and according to the terms, I would be practically tied down within the four year period. I interpreted that to mean they'd been experiencing high employee turn over, and instead of them to find out what's making their people leave, they wanted to do a brute force approach by asking new employees to sign ridiculous agreements. So I turned down the offer. And guess what, they called me back and scrapped the idea. Did I eventually join them, that's a story for another day.

This is actually very common in the Nigerian software industry. The first answer that came to my mind was "don't sign that!" but your case might be different as there are factors to consider such as the terms of the contract, your experience level and how desperate you are (or how confident you are about easily getting another offer) and also, your age (how old you'd be after after the four year period might affect your employability then if your experience level doesn't level up, and they know this).

Best of luck!
Re: Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? by QuantumR: 11:17am On Nov 20, 2020
I got the mail also
Re: Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? by Mndee: 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
the fine for leaving before 4 years is about 6million,
etrange:
What kind of bond? What's the implication of walking away before the end of the four years? I'm asking cause it all depends on the terms. Years back, I got a job that required me to sign such and according to the terms, I would be practically tied down within the four year period. I interpreted that to mean they'd been experiencing high employee turn over, and instead of them to find out what's making their people leave, they wanted to do a brute force approach by asking new employees to sign ridiculous agreements. So I turned down the offer. And guess what, they called me back and scrapped the idea. Did I eventually join them, that's a story for another day.

This is actually very common in the Nigerian software industry. The first answer that came to my mind was "don't sign that!" but your case might be different as there are factors to consider such as the terms of the contract, your experience level and how desperate you are (or how confident you are about easily getting another offer) and also, your age (how old you'd be after after the four year period might affect your employability then if your experience level doesn't level up, and they know this).

Best of luck!

Re: Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? by Mndee: 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
are you signing ?
QuantumR:
I got the mail also
Re: Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? by QuantumR: 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
Mndee:
are you signing ?
yes i am. Someone told me its ok and that its possible i dnt get to pay the fine. And also, its a good place to build yourself.
Re: Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? by Harry4cas(m): 3:41am On Nov 23, 2020
Mndee:
the fine for leaving before 4 years is about 6million,
If it were to be a 2-3 years bond I wouldn't mind but a 4 years bond is way too much for me. ( That's enough time to get 1 BSc, 2 MSc, or even 1 PhD.)

(1) (Reply)

Started A Career As The Brain Behind The Unbankk App / Just Imagining Working With My Girlfriend In The Same Office! / Acca Or Ican. House Which Is Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.