Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night (7772 Views)

Nigerian Girl Wins Qur’an Recitation Competition In Jordan From 40 Countries / Amina Abubaker Has Memorized Half Of The Qur’an! / The Importance Of Reading The Qur'an With Tajweed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Realismailakabir: 12:24am On Nov 20, 2020
Question:

What is the virtue of reading the Qur’aan at night when people are asleep?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allah.

It is proven in the saheeh Sunnah that the Qur’aan will intercede for those who read it at night, as Ahmad (6626) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting and the Qur’aan will intercede for a person on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say, ‘O Lord, I deprived him of his food and his desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.’ And the Qur’aan will say: ‘I deprived him of his sleep at night so let me intercede for him.’ Then they will intercede.” Narrated by Ahmad; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 3882. 

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated that reading the Qur’aan at night is one of the blessings that the believer is to be envied for. He said: “There should be no envy except in two cases: a man to whom Allaah teaches the Qur’aan, so he recites it during the night and during the day, and his neighbour hears him and says, ‘Would that I had been given what So and so has been given and I could do what he does, and a man to whom Allaah gives wealth so he spends it all for the sake of the truth, and a man says, ‘Would that I had been given what So and so has been given and I could do what he does.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4738. 

Reading Qur’aan at night saves one from negligence, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever reads ten verses at night will not be recorded as one of the negligent.” Narrated by al-Haakim, who said it is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim. Al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb (640): It is saheeh because of corroborating reports. 

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever observes these prescribed prayers regularly will not be recorded as one of the negligent, and whoever reads one hundred verses in a night will be recorded as one of the devout.” Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah in his Saheeh, and by al-Haakim, who said it is saheeh according to the conditions of both (al-Bukhaari and Muslim). It was also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 640. 

Allaah has described the pious as follows (interpretation of the meaning): 

“They used to sleep but little by night [invoking their Lord (Allaah) and praying, with fear and hope].

18. And in the hours before dawn, they were (found) asking (Allaah) for forgiveness”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:17, 18]

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/45839/the-virtue-of-reading-quraan-at-night-when-people-are-asleep

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Realismailakabir: 1:17am On Nov 20, 2020
This great reward is not for only those that can read in arabic. You can have the same reward by reading translated Quran or correctly transliterated one. Baraka Lahu fikum.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:26am On Nov 20, 2020
Make it a habit any time!
Abu Dawood (1400) and al-Tirmidhi (2891 – and he classed it as hasan) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There is a soorah of the Qur’an, with thirty verses, that interceded for a man until he was forgiven; it is ‘Soorah Tabaarak Alladhi bi yadihi’l-mulk (Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion)’ [al-Mulk 67:1].” It was also classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi.

6 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Jaynom(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2020
I don't understand because while it is Night in a part of the world .. it is day time is some parts. So does God give special focus on parts of the world that are asleep or is he attracted to darkness? I'm confused

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by sunshineV(f): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2020
the best thing is to sleep because thats what nights are for

3 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2020
Jazakunmulah khairay

2 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by ArewaHero(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
There is no virtue in reading that book you are referring to

If what it teaches is how to slaughter and form terror groups like Bokoharam.

Bokoharam leader just announced that he is doing the work of God which he learn from the Quran

So what virtue can you get from such book which teaches people how to behead citizens and bomb cities killing thousands
go to Christian Thread and comment why are you so obsessed with ISLAM MATTER or was Islam The course of your misfortune of becoming a misreble BITCH

undecided

5 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by ggood: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2020
Reading what, at night you Muslims are always fuckin young virgin on Thursday night , come to Zamfara and see your self

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2020
ArewaHero:
go to Christian Thread and comment why are you so obsessed with ISLAM MATTER or was Islam The course of your misfortune of becoming a misreble BITCH

undecided

What did I say wrong in my comment if not the simple truth

5 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Bigprick9inches: 10:05am On Nov 20, 2020
b
Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by drlateef: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2020
Jazakalahu khaira. Brothers and sisters should not despair about people making ugly comments. The prophet SAW was jeered and booed and derided. Allah says he should remain steadfast because their punishment is with Allah. Before these people made comments, they had lied that they were Muslims when they were not. Are we to be saddened by comment of liars? Definitely no!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by IMAMofWAR: 10:09am On Nov 20, 2020
"I believe that muslims are terrorist"
"I believe that Muhammad is a pedo."
"I believe that Islam is the Only troublesome religion"
"thunder fire all of una there una papa."
so u fucking infidels can post on christian threads without anyone asking you to accept christ as u lord and savior before posting but when people want to post on your pedophile threads u ask them to accept the pedophile as the prophet?

u post on babalawo thread and they dont ask u to woership ifa first before u post but you ask them to accept mohamed before they post?
may thunder fire una there

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by womenareapes: 10:17am On Nov 20, 2020
Realismailakabir:

Question:

What is the virtue of reading the Qur’aan at night when people are asleep?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allah.

It is proven in the saheeh Sunnah that the Qur’aan will intercede for those who read it at night, as Ahmad (6626) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting and the Qur’aan will intercede for a person on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say, ‘O Lord, I deprived him of his food and his desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.’ And the Qur’aan will say: ‘I deprived him of his sleep at night so let me intercede for him.’ Then they will intercede.” Narrated by Ahmad; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 3882. 

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated that reading the Qur’aan at night is one of the blessings that the believer is to be envied for. He said: “There should be no envy except in two cases: a man to whom Allaah teaches the Qur’aan, so he recites it during the night and during the day, and his neighbour hears him and says, ‘Would that I had been given what So and so has been given and I could do what he does, and a man to whom Allaah gives wealth so he spends it all for the sake of the truth, and a man says, ‘Would that I had been given what So and so has been given and I could do what he does.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4738. 

Reading Qur’aan at night saves one from negligence, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever reads ten verses at night will not be recorded as one of the negligent.” Narrated by al-Haakim, who said it is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim. Al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb (640): It is saheeh because of corroborating reports. 

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever observes these prescribed prayers regularly will not be recorded as one of the negligent, and whoever reads one hundred verses in a night will be recorded as one of the devout.” Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah in his Saheeh, and by al-Haakim, who said it is saheeh according to the conditions of both (al-Bukhaari and Muslim). It was also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 640. 

Allaah has described the pious as follows (interpretation of the meaning): 

“They used to sleep but little by night [invoking their Lord (Allaah) and praying, with fear and hope].

18. And in the hours before dawn, they were (found) asking (Allaah) for forgiveness”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:17, 18]

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/45839/the-virtue-of-reading-quraan-at-night-when-people-are-asleep
so that demon will possess you and the next thing you will be thinking is beheading infidel!

the only great book is the Bible

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by marvin906(m): 10:22am On Nov 20, 2020
Yes the fastest way of blowing yourself up

5 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by hardeytarhyour(m): 10:43am On Nov 20, 2020
Realismailakabir:
This great reward is not for only those that can read in arabic. You can have the same reward by reading translated Quran or correctly transliterated one. Baraka Lahu fikum.
When he also use Transliteration, A situation he will be reciting English or Yoruba and Arabic will be Pronounce
Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Rareoil(m): 10:50am On Nov 20, 2020
ArewaHero:

undecided

Oga this is a public forum not your parlor, you don't have to tell here where to go.

7 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by hardeytarhyour(m): 10:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Jaynom:
I don't understand because while it is Night in a part of the world .. it is day time is some parts. So does God give special focus on parts of the world that are asleep or is he attracted to darkness? I'm confused
Don't be confuse Mr. Man, everyone will consider Night when it is Night in the geographical Place !
It is also not that Allaah love Night over Days rather both are among his Sign. But if a believing Servant of Allaah wake up and Read Quran or other act of Worship he is seeking bless and mercy of Allaah when people are sleeping and will Reward him Abundantly And Allaah free from any kind of Hypocrisy, Injustice, Inequality and from any kind of Incomplete Description

3 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by hardeytarhyour(m): 10:55am On Nov 20, 2020
Akshow:
Olorun ko rooro.

God (if at all he exists) isnt that difficult to please biko.
This is not Compulsory, It is Voluntary act of worship and you know, we close to more than each other

2 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Jaynom(m): 10:56am On Nov 20, 2020
hardeytarhyour:

Don't be confuse Mr. Man, everyone will consider Night when it is Night in the geographical Place !
It is also not that Allaah love Night over Days rather both are among his Sign. But if a believing Servant of Allaah wake up and Read Quran or other act of Worship he is seeking bless and mercy of Allaah when people are sleeping and will Reward him Abundantly And Allaah free from any kind of Hypocrisy, Injustice, Inequality and from any kind of Incomplete Description
thank you

1 Like

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by hardeytarhyour(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2020
sunshineV:
the best thing is to sleep because thats what nights are for
The Best time to sleep is Night, Their are some Respectable and Allaah's face seeker that will sleep but will not use all night to sleep and Allaah mention them in the Quran as Allaah says in Quranic verse quoted above by poster

3 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by fayruka(m): 11:02am On Nov 20, 2020
Jaynom:
And na that confusion go later kill you.
Have you ever heard of night vigils been done in the day? or you thinks your pastors are clueless for setting vigils at nights?
Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Praktikals(m): 11:08am On Nov 20, 2020
Jesus is Lord

4 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by ArewaHero(m): 11:21am On Nov 20, 2020
Rareoil:

Oga this is a public forum not your parlor, you don't have to tell here where to go.
comot for way
Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by XXXXTENTACION: 11:39am On Nov 20, 2020
Boom

boom

boom

boom

boom

shekau please prepare the bombs we are about to go for a holy way. grin

LETS BOMB THE INFIDELS. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Semiheart(f): 11:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Jazakumullahu khairah
Re: Virtues Of Reading The Qur’an At Night by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
Realismailakabir:
Allah knows best

(1) (2) (Reply)

Progress Of Iran Under An Islamic Regime (shariah) / The Islamic Response To Trials And Hardships / Qur’anic Verse Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.