Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) (928 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / Issue Between My Mom And My Wife / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by Djbond(m): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2020
So y'all, I'm sure some of you are aware that I have twins recently, I've been looking for money, begging up and down nairaland to take care of them since I have a job that pay less than expected. Now I have 3 kids.

My salary is not much and wife does not work. So on the naming ceremony day, I was preparing to cook beans for my new kids as to celebrate their birth.

My wife, she came from a polygamous home and she had seen her biological mother in a while. The closest to us and the person she lived with is her dad and stepmom. Her stepmom took care of her when she was 5 when her biological mother ran away just because of the circumstances then according to the story I heard.

Also, I blame my wife for everything. Because before her mom came on that day, my wife would text her mother on WhatsApp about everything that is going on between me and her, there was this text I saw when we didn't have much which quotes " Mom please pray for us, to eat is a problem. And also I need baby things."

Imagine that coming from someone that's never supported the family with a dime, she does not work to put food on the table. I do everything, all bills, house rent, water, food etc.

Fast forward to now, on the naming ceremony day, her mother came with her sibling and 2 family members, and started shouting, raising voices on my wife, afterwards she fainted and anyway she regained consciousness eventually.

After all merriment, settled and then the next thing her mother told my mom is that she's taking my wife and the kids away to take care of them without any mutual agreement between us.
I flared up, I disagreed, I shouted that I can't let that happen but, my mom calmed me down to accept their wish.

They took her and the 3 kids with fights and quarrel ON THE NAMING DAY without even saying goodbye. After they left, I sent a text to the mother which quotes "I hope you know what you are doing before you break your daughter's home. May God bless us all".

After she saw my text, her dad called, I didn't pick, then she herself called 2 times and I ignored her call as well.

3 days later after they left, I got a WhatsApp call from one of their relatives saying why did I abandon my wife and my kids? I told him I never abandon them and told him the whole story that I never sent them out.

I've told myself I won't pick any of their calls for now because they hurt me. They turned the day of joy to day of sorrow for themselves. My new born twins that I'm supposed to be looking at and praying for every morning. They've taken them away.

What are your opinion guys?
Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by RedPanthar: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2020
These people won't let mehn have peace angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by neonly: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2020
Don't go back just upgrade yur hustle send money to yur children when you have and let them know u are d one sending it
I understand yur pain honesty
Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 23, 2020
You are struggling yet you are making babies. Stop disturbing us please angry

5 Likes

Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by stacyadams: 10:43am On Nov 23, 2020
faceURfront:
grin grin grin

Lol still marry unemployed wife add to him problem..Las Las na d babies wan chop beans on naming ceremony....

We men need some serious talking to before jumping into marriage

12 Likes

Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 23, 2020
Bitterness doesn't solve any issue.

Pray to God to bless you and work hard. They will come to beg you later.
Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by Freestainworld(m): 10:49am On Nov 23, 2020
go and hustle more brother Timothy, don't panic for anything, try fending for your kids while staying in peace.
Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by Wittyglam(f): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2020
This a issue is as a result of lack of understanding. Do you ask your wife not to work? Or best still why is your wife not working?
You should probably call your wife and talk to her about everything because of your children no child deserves to b far from both parents. You need to put in my work. I pray God sees you through.

1 Like

Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by Twenty8: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
Freestainworld:
go and hustle more brother Timothy, don't panic for anything, try fending for your kids while staying in peace.

If Timothy is actually his name, you shouldn't have posted it here.

1 Like

Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by Harshreality: 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
Considering this is a one sided story I will assume your information is 100% accurate.

If I were you I'd be happy.
It's easier to make it when you're alone than when you have dependents.
That doesn't mean you should abandon you family.

Since you've gotten this opportunity use it to improve your financial situation. Try new things, look for more opportunities, save the left over money and invest.

Stop ignoring your calls. It makes you look guilty.
If you pick do not shalaye.
Tell them your wife is free to return

She's in what I call the honeymoon stage.
They'll soon show her pepper and she'll return home.

By the way when one is frustrated it is understandable that they talk to others. Afterall, if you cannot tell family about your problems who can you tell?

Also, financial contributions aren't the only contributions one can make to a family.

There are three ways a family can be run.
1) The man being the sole provider and the woman being the caretaker/homemaker.

2) Both the man and the woman providing and taking care of the home( share the bills , share the chores).

3) The woman being the sole provider and the man being the caretaker/homemaker.

Anything outside of this leaves the equation unbalanced.
There's nothing wrong with any of those arrangements but it seems people no longer talk about these things before they get married.

Your wife should get something doing even if it's hair making for school children.
All she'd need is comb and hair cream and that can bring like 1k a day to your family.
Something is better than nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
Djbond:
So y'all, I'm sure some of you are aware that I have twins recently, I've been looking for money, begging up and down nairaland to take care of them since I have a job that pay less than expected. Now I have 3 kids.

My salary is not much and wife does not work. So on the naming ceremony day, I was preparing to cook beans for my new kids as to celebrate their birth.

My wife, she came from a polygamous home and she had seen her biological mother in a while. The closest to us and the person she lived with is her dad and stepmom. Her stepmom took care of her when she was 5 when her biological mother ran away just because of the circumstances then according to the story I heard.

Also, I blame my wife for everything. Because before her mom came on that day, my wife would text her mother on WhatsApp about everything that is going on between me and her, there was this text I saw when we didn't have much which quotes " Mom please pray for us, to eat is a problem. And also I need baby things."

Imagine that coming from someone that's never supported the family with a dime, she does not work to put food on the table. I do everything, all bills, house rent, water, food etc.

Fast forward to now, on the naming ceremony day, her mother came with her sibling and 2 family members, and started shouting, raising voices on my wife, afterwards she fainted and anyway she regained consciousness eventually.

After all merriment, settled and then the next thing her mother told my mom is that she's taking my wife and the kids away to take care of them without any mutual agreement between us.
I flared up, I disagreed, I shouted that I can't let that happen but, my mom calmed me down to accept their wish.

They took her and the 3 kids with fights and quarrel ON THE NAMING DAY without even saying goodbye. After they left, I sent a text to the mother which quotes "I hope you know what you are doing before you break your daughter's home. May God bless us all".

After she saw my text, her dad called, I didn't pick, then she herself called 2 times and I ignored her call as well.

3 days later after they left, I got a WhatsApp call from one of their relatives saying why did I abandon my wife and my kids? I told him I never abandon them and told him the whole story that I never sent them out.

I've told myself I won't pick any of their calls for now because they hurt me. They turned the day of joy to day of sorrow for themselves. My new born twins that I'm supposed to be looking at and praying for every morning. They've taken them away.

What are your opinion guys?

Same thread that was found to be a scam and deleted by the mods.
The deleted traces could still be found on posts in your profile
Re: Issue Between My In-laws And I (Please Read) by Kozil2(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
faceURfront:

Abeg ooo help me tell am,I'm sorry but people need to stop making babies if you are not financially stable

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Superstitious Are You? / Suicide Feeding Dangerous For Babies: I Nearly Lost My Daughter / At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.