Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? (58897 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by IyaTola: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2019
What is your take on your in-laws vividly living in same house with you?

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Aboks(m): 11:17am On Dec 23, 2019
i will not allow that, they can only come for visit

191 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by bukatyne(f): 11:19am On Dec 23, 2019
Vividly?

Do people live vaguely before? tongue grin

411 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 23, 2019
The moment they need to be taken care of due to old age, I will treat them and care for them like I want my husband to treat and care for my own parents. Until then, they can move in into the same neighborhood but it is not necessary we live together in one house.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by cococandy(f): 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
Temporarily? yes.
Permanently? No

I don’t even want to live permanently with my siblings or parents in the same house. Just me, my husband and children.

338 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Contumely: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
vividly
okay
English haff sufad

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Katier00(f): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2019
Vividly I say unto you

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by MajorWarren: 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2019
That can’t run. So they can come and add their input in my marriage whenever they please

My mum can live with us tho smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by crackhaus: 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
bukatyne:
Vividly?

Lol... cheesy
I believe I would have been the first respondent on the thread... saw it immediately it was published and my intention was to make complete fun of that word choice. cheesycheesy

But then I rechecked the moniker & profile, then decided to be nice and just hold my peace.
Too bad you were not so sympathetic. grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by babythug(f): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
As could be expected it could and would likely swing both ways!

There would be peaceful times and surely there would be turbulent times!

If they are older in-laws ie parents in law or older siblings in law the wife would be expected to be quite accepting and tolerant of their excesses. With some younger siblings in law some bull shit may be meted out that the wife May or may not accept.

The family dynamics also play a big role. Depending on how firm or assertive the husband is the in-laws may know where to draw the lines on nonsense behaviour and so on.

The space and size of the house matters! The smaller the space the more likely wires will cross and cause chaos. Resources too could cause issues- wife may wanna serve two meals daily for eg and in-laws feel entitled to three meals .

If a couple have to move in with parents in-law the wife again has to bear the brunt of behaviour modification and adaptation to the processes and procedures of her in-laws

In summary where african/ Nigerian families age involved it’s best avoided as much as is within one’s power.

I have my brother in law here and most times I feel like slapping him. His latest misdemeanour is literally taking over my son’s slippers this is a 35year old( or thereabouts) man and my son is 9 years old .....

My in-law also likes to roam the streets and return home late at night. My husband of course feels there’s nothing wrong with this!

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by iCauseTrouble: 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2019
Seun should just change Nairaland to Family Problem Land.....
All these family issues making front page is becoming too much shocked

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Slawormir: 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2019
cococandy:
Temporarily? yes.
Permanently? No

I don’t even want to live with my siblings or parents in the same house. Just me, my husband and children.
Damnnnnn
Always easy to say now
But when you get married it is a different thing.
Except you don't have young siblings

Sometimes it is easy for someone from the woman's family to stay with couples. There won't be trouble

But if any body from the man family come stay with couples ehnnnnn. Na so so quarrel

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Emmanuelhector(m): 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2019
too bad
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by richie240: 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
'Sorry' is ur case.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by dejonathan(f): 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
90/100 of it always end up in disagreement and chaos which automatically leads to family break up

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by FVckmannabbQ: 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
God forbid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by HawksDude(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
No way. Even my own mother won't be allowed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Maozy: 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
embarassed
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Akanbibabatunde(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
abi you are living in your in-laws house... you wan come dey twist tori give us... better go hustle

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by sotall(m): 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
That's shameful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by vickydankal(f): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
It is not bad or shameful. Unless it is just for a short time but to live there, oga it is not so good for so many reasons. When you and madam will be singing hymns people will be hearing the melody, it is not good nah. It depends on the people sha. But to avoid disagreement, insults and see finish, my brother it is better you rent a room even if it is face me I face you. You will earn your respect that way.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Isobug: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
Op.... You mean to say Completely?
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by YorubaKing: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
Depending on the generation of In-laws and conditions.

If na parent, e go be short-term, if na sibling, e fit be long-term as long as they're valuable to the house. cool

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by marvin906(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
heaven forbids..
visit and get out abeg

26 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by AkhereOkaka(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
bukatyne:
Vividly?

Tell him dear, often times people uses words without knowing what it means

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Isoduwa(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
cococandy:
Temporarily? yes.
Permanently? No

I don’t even want to live with my siblings or parents in the same house. Just me, my husband and children.
So when you crying for prick your people won't hear anything from the bedroom to the bathroom �

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by IgboSomalia: 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
bukatyne:
Vividly?

Aunty, please temper English with mercy.

39 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Nicklaus619(m): 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
cococandy:
Temporarily? yes.
Permanently? No

You got the mindset of My ideal woman cool
Me. Like it, no time. For dramas

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by lyriclekidd(m): 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ok
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by Pulsenaija: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ok
Re: What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? by beewhy009(m): 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
sad

Maybe after 20 years of marriage Sha! �

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funny Family/Marriage Pictures To Spice Your Day. / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family / My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.