Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? (1811 Views)

Why I 'banned' My Wife From Early Morning Radio Prayer. / My Husband Inspects My Private Part Anytime I Return From Work / How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Wittyglam(f): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2020
This issue has been bothering me, I want your honest opinion.
As a lady will you stop working of your husband ask you to? As a man would you love a full-time housewife?
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Sundrus: 11:37am On Nov 23, 2020
No...I no need liability as wife oh

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Hathor5(f): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2020
If he can pay me what I earn and give me a contract with equally good conditions as I am having now, I might consider the offer. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by StubbornGENIUS: 11:46am On Nov 23, 2020
A wife should support her husband financially.Men who keep housewives are often the insecure and jealous ones cos am not sure a woman will prefer staying at home to being an asset to the family,unless she's lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by bukatyne(f): 11:59am On Nov 23, 2020
Wittyglam:
As a lady will you stop working of your husband ask you to? As a man would you love a full-time housewife?

What is the goal of the family? Where is the family?

How does the wife staying at home for that period fit into their goals?

It is not a function of 'ask'.
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by bukatyne(f): 12:01pm On Nov 23, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
A wife should support her husband financially.Men who keep housewives are often the insecure and jealous ones cos am not sure a woman will prefer staying at home to being an asset to the family,unless she's lazy.

This idea that stay at home wives are lazy is funny. undecided

A wife who is a good and efficient housekeeper is an asset to her family.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by DontBullshitMe: 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
Stay at home and eat which food? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by StubbornGENIUS: 12:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
bukatyne:

Not all of them, but majority of them.Now let's assume you are a working class lady,top of her game.Will you quit your job to be a housekeeper?
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by BigDawsNet: 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
Only in Africa

The system here...you both work to support the family...we split the bills 70/30

Only take a break when she's on Holiday leave or matanity leave...
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by IamD18: 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
A man will come online to say he can't tolerate a housewife for liability related reasons, but he'll be the first to become insecure and intimidated if he ends up with a very busy and career woman who earns way higher than him and barley have time for the family. He'll lowkey wish for a housewife.

A woman will come online to form woke by saying that she can't be a housewife so as not to be seen as lazy woman and a liability to her man, but she'll in reality, wish to be a full time housewife to a very wealthy man who will provide all her needs and place her on a salary she didn't work for.

What am I trying to say? By default, men love housewives if they are financially capable to foot the bills, while women love being a housewife to the right men. Anything different is a result of circumstances which brings us to the conclusion that the positive outcome of cases as such, is dependent on the home, the couple, understanding, their goals, how they want to handle and achieve them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Harshreality: 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
People like to create problems for themselves.

You know you want a homemaker as a wife yet you go ahead to marry a career driven ambitious woman. Is that not madness?

13 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Hathor5(f): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
IamD18:
A man will come online to say he can't tolerate a housewife for liability related reasons, but he'll be the first to become insecure and intimidated if he ends up with a very busy and career woman who earns way high then him and barley have time for the family. He'll lowkey wish for a housewife.

A woman will come online to form woke by saying that she can't be a housewife so as not to be seen as lazy woman and a liability to her man, but she'll in reality, wish to be a full time housewife to a very wealthy man who will provide all her needs and place her on a salary she didn't work for.

What am I trying to say? By default, men love housewives if they are financially capable to foot the bills, while women love being a housewife to the right men. Anything different is a result of circumstances which brings us to the conclusion that it depends on the home, the couple, understanding, their goals, how they want to handle and achieve them.

Speak for yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Baba just shut up! You don't know taking care of d family is a full time job? U fink it's easy? So a woman who works is an asset huh? What about grooming of kids to be better people? Na only money money una sabi. Better don't go and get a good job that will cater for ur family, be waiting for financial support

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Bellq(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
IamD18:
A man will come online to say he can't tolerate a housewife for liability related reasons, but he'll be the first to become insecure and intimidated if he ends up with a very busy and career woman who earns way higher than him and barley have time for the family. He'll lowkey wish for a housewife.

What am I trying to say? By default, men love housewives if they are financially capable to foot the bills, while women love being a housewife to the right men. Anything different is a result of circumstances which brings us to the conclusion that the positive outcome of cases as such, is dependent on the home, the couple, understanding, their goals, how they want to handle and achieve them.

You nailed it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by StubbornGENIUS: 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Baba just shut up! You don't know taking care of d family is a full time job? U fink it's easy? So a woman who works is an asset huh? What about grooming of kids to be better people? Na only money money una sabi. Better don't go and get a good job that will cater for ur family, be waiting for financial support
I stopped at the first punctuation mark in your post.What do you guys derive by posing as females on this forum?Please go and fix your self esteem,and why you are at it,change your moniker to "m".
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
I stopped at the first punctuation mark in your post.What do you guys derive by posing as females on this forum?Please go and fix your self esteem,and why you are at it,change your moniker to "m".
work on yours.
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by CHoccolaTE: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
If a housewife with all the chores she does is a liability then a husband is also a liability if he cannot assist with housework, cooking and childcare.

Foolish and selfish Nigerian men.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by cococandy(f): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
Another day another pointless cyclic thread that gets nowhere.
With everyone saying basically the same thing while thinking their own POV is somehow more meaningful wink.

OP go to bed. If you’re by chance involved in a situation like this in real life, whether you’re the man or the woman in it, there’s abundance of info for you already on this forum. Same cycle of posters. Same information.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Smile4mee01: 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2020
Wittyglam:

Here is my take.

Most women have always worked from time immemorial, however this was in and around the household so they could not loose sight of caring for the home and children. A part of me belive this was the helper and support she was created to help the man.

What has changed now is that work has moved away from the home and women are struggling to balance both sides of the coin.

The answer to this question lies in if your husband is a high value male or not. For example, All first ladies dont work anymore once their husband assumes that status. Wives of athletes, and multi millionaires dont work. I don't think wives of Dangote, Ned work.

I could be wrong, but i don't belive women were designed by God to work as hard as they do now. And in doing so, they have lost some of their femininity. Infact a woman works and gets to a point and feels she does not need a Man.

But in reality, with world resources thinning out and women even competing for jobs Men are struggling to finance the home alone.

I really admire the family structure in the middle east like UAE, Qatar, The family structure is there with everyone knowing what they have to do. The women dont work, if at all they do it's around the home. The Man works and supports the family while the government insures the entire family should things go wrong.

So women, if your husband is not high value. You would need to work. For some mental health, work is good. If you can make money online or around the house and still have time for children and hubby. Consider yourself blessed.

Unfortunately as world population continue to increase. and resources thin out. Life will get harder for men and the burden will shift to the women.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
bukatyne:

Don't mind them

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by angelfallz(m): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:

Housewives are not lazy. This idea that housewives are lazy is wrong.
And it's only people that have never done real house chores that label housewives as lazy.

A good housewife is an asset to her family.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by crackhaus: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
IamD18:

Barring the generalizations here and there, this is actually a really good summary of the matter...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by angelfallz(m): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
IamD18:

i like your summary. it is spot on.
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by ireneidiva(f): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
IamD18:

Generalization. Speak for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by tobechi74: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
If she had the work before she met you, you have no right to stop it

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
IamD18:

This is one of the rare moments I fully agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by dprincedej(m): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
If you love a full time house wife, she would sell your property when you DIE or follow men for money and your children would suffer.
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by dprincedej(m): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
If you love a full time house wife, she would sell your property when you die or follow men for money and your children would suffer.
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by missimelda01(f): 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
So that one day he’ll stop seeing you ’baby’ and start seeing you as baboon undecided

No way.

However, I can choose a career that gives me time for my family.
Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by Richy4(m): 3:20am On Nov 24, 2020
My opinion...
If he can provide for you without complaining in Future... very good,
Also, If as a woman, you dislike someone asking u what u want to do with money when you ask for it, please do not consider being a house wife...
Because time shall come when he will feel that you were drinking his money... more especially when he is stressed.. no matter how well to do he is, my take is work so that you can retain your dignity..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by pozehnani(f): 6:46am On Nov 24, 2020
Huh?

Why will a man stop me from working? What will now be doing with myself on this planet earth? Even if he promises to be giving me allowance, no way! I like being productive. I like going out there to know and be a part of what is going on in the the labour and competitive world. Not being one redundant housewife with no knowledge of latest happenings and trends. That's no life abeg.

I don't even think any man ( especially on nairaland) would subscribe to such. And I wouldn't advise any of my brothers to allow such.

Everyone needs to be industrious and meaningfully engaged in one form of biz or job at least to be able to live a fufilled and balanced life. Redundancy kills, both psychologically and physically.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? by frozen70(f): 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2020
Wittyglam:

For whatever reason the man has for that, it's not necessary, not even with this low current economy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parents Imposing A Career on Their Children / Woman Stabbed Man With Knife After S^x (photo) / What Could Make A Wife Rape The Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.