Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige (25403 Views)

Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities / George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by ManLikeL: 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, has restated the commitment of Federal Government to end the eight-month strike embarked on by members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

He described as untrue, comments that government officials have been foot-draggers in the ongoing negotiations with the university lecturers because their children school abroad.

Ngige said, “I have three biological children in public schools. They are in public schools; they are not in private universities. Unlike ASUU members who have most of their children in private universities, three of mine are here. So, I am a very big stakeholder in the public tertiary school system.”

The minister, who spoke on an Arise TV interview monitored by The PUNCH, added, “So, when ASUU says politicians don’t care because they have taken their children abroad, Chris Ngige cares because my children are not abroad even though they have dual nationality – two of them have American citizenship; they can be in America but I choose them to be here with me.

“So, ASUU cannot accuse me of not being nationalistic enough. Anything that will help the university system here, I am in the forefront.”

The PUNCH had reported last Friday that the Federal Government accepted the demand by ASUU that the lecturers be exempted from the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System.

The government also offered to increase the Earned Allowances to university staff from N30 billion to N35b and the Revitalisation Fund from N20b to N25b.

The development came after weeks of negotiations and disagreements by the FG and ASUU, which proposed the University Transparency and Accountability Solution as its preferred payment platform.

Reading out the communique at the end of a seven-hour negotiation with ASUU members in Abuja on Friday, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, had said the government also agreed to ASUU’s demand to pay their members’ salary arrears from February to June through the old salary payment platform, Government Integrated Financial and Management Information System.

Speaking further, Ngige expressed optimism that the lecturers will accept the new offer by the government. He urged ASUU to hasten consultations with its members so as to return to the negotiation table and conclude talks before Friday.

The breakthrough in negotiations is expected to end the eight-month strike embarked on by the university lecturers as parents and students wait on ASUU to call off the strike.

https://punchng.com/ASUU-strike-i-have-three-children-in-public-universities-ngige/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by MickzyDonald: 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
Oga go and sleep joor, They should padlock all their schools, we are not going again

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Honduras01: 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
grin political comedian

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by donbachi(m): 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
In london and canada

39 Likes

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Xixtie(f): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2020

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Kokoboss: 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Which children?.. Na goat you get there no be children. Rubbish.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by ClassicMan202(m): 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Na so him children go take look am

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Balaxx: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
Public universities abroad

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by 4t4th(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
Na lie,
Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by paulolee(m): 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
its true...d man no lie...one of him daughter even de my skul n same department n level with me..
as a real niggaaaar lyk my oga slowomir na me de burst her speakers on steady b4 dis ASUU strike...
I bin de transfer all d wickedness n furstration from dis apc regime to him innocent daughter kpekus..
CNT wait for strike to end mk I get my own palliatives from her nunu...pls #endasuustrike..

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Silentgroper(m): 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2020
Xixtie:

They never get tired of lying.
where do u base? Jessica.
Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by SirWarlock: 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Welp grin. People won't believe you grin.
Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by mayklef(m): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
Lord Of Lamba....Naira Marley will be proud

1 Like

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Barka00(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
All his children are either in private universities or they're abroad
Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by bobokeshington: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
SHAMELESS PEOPLE

2 Likes

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by anochuko01(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
Public university but with a more secured future... theyre probably working in some big coys presently.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by DennisEche(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
HAHA, LIA MOHAMMED TRAINEE,

1 Like

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by slawormiir: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

Wetin be the difference...
Last last even if them nor quick graduates
Better job don even dey wait for them

And for all those ASUU members celebrating....
Don't celebrate yet..this government have a very good format and tools in deceiving Nigerians

Last last they are going to say that they never exempted assu from ippis....
They were trying to test run ASUU payments platform called utas..and as it is now the platform failed cyber security test and can't be used

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by osamz007: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
I WILL SLAP THIS MAN AND HIS MOUTH WILL SWELL

LAI HAS TAUGHT THEM HOW TO LIE

1 Like

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by mbahdi(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
So make we fry grain
Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by FirstSon01: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
They must be foster children.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by brosom(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
As long as Nigeria is concerned, all public office holders are fantastically lairs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Maromark(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
Really, stop deceiving yourself Mr. Man... Do the right thing
Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by SavageResponse(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
Even ASUU members have children who are in schools abroad, what moral right do they have to criticise him even if his kids are abroad?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Amspecial: 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
grin
U mean children u took from the village and promised their parents u will help them abi.
This politicians can lie Sha.

14 Likes

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
Who this one dey deceive

1 Like

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Kobicove(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
The only reason what ASUU members are desperate not to get on the unified payroll system is cos most of them have multiple jobs.

This is why the strike has been prolonged

No private organisation will tolerate this therefore there is no reason why the government should stand for it! undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by chocboi78(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
See lie abeg
Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by Etinosa1234: 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hope they are all gals ooo.. I want to give one of dem Belle

1 Like

Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by illicit(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
And so what
Re: I Have Three Children In Public Universities – Ngige by UncleHaba22: 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
Baba no issue

Strike dey no strike work don sure for them
Food don already dey

Na jagbajantis talk bdis wan cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Poly Bauchi Admission List / UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) / Translate This To English.."e Don Tey Wey Day Break"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.