Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,357 members, 7,836,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? (1404 Views)

Should We Love Our Enemies Even During A Time Of War? / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies?

By MICHAEL BROWN Published on November 22, 2020 •

As the Church of America becomes increasingly divided along political lines, a dangerous tendency is developing. Our Party is the Party of God; the other is the Party of the devil. Our cause is entirely righteous; theirs is entirely wicked. We can therefore call down curses on our political enemies, since they are doing the devil's work.

It is no longer the kingdom of God vs. the kingdom of Satan, it is the Republicans vs. the Democrats and Trump vs. Biden. That’s how we divide.

Prayers for Destruction

Recently, I was alarmed to see Christians praying with great fervour online, calling down divine judgment on those who allegedly committed voter fraud.

There was no concern shown for the state of their souls. There was no fervent cry that God would save them and grant them repentance. Instead, the prayers were for their destruction. The evildoers must be removed!

This is not the Spirit of God. This is not the heart of our Father. This is not the Jesus way.

Of course we pursue justice. Of course we pray for corruption to be exposed. Of course we take godly action. The last thing I’m advocating is passivity and faithless resignation.

But what has happened to our own souls? We seem to be moved by malice more than by mercy, forgetting how much grace God showed us when we were living in ignorance and rebellion.

A Lesson from Jesus

There’s a fascinating account preserved in Luke’s Gospel that speaks to our situation today.

Jesus and His disciples were on their way to Jerusalem, shortly before He would be crucified, and they needed to pass through Samaria. But the Samaritans refused entry to Jesus and His group, since the Jews looked down on the Samaritans and considered them half-breeds. Plus, Jesus was on His way to Jerusalem, the sacred city of the Jews but not the Samaritans.

Indignant that their Master should be dishonoured, Jacob (James) and John asked Jesus, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?" (Luke 9:55, New King James Version)

To paraphrase, "They deserve it, don’t they, Lord? And isn’t this what Elijah the prophet did to his enemies in the Old Testament? Shall we zap them with fire, like he did, and kill them all?" (See 2 Kings 1.)

But Jesus turned and rebuked them, saying, "'You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them.' And they went to another village." (Luke 9:56-57, New King James Version; other ancient, Greek manuscripts do not have the actual words of Jesus preserved, but they are certainly true to the spirit of His teaching and example elsewhere.)

Jesus was saying to them, "No, we don’t call down fire on those who insult us and mistreat us. That's not the purpose of My mission. I've come to save people, not destroy them."

Be Careful for What You Pray For

It is true that, one day, He will return in blazing fire taking vengeance on His enemies. At that time He will destroy those who have tried to destroy us, His faithful followers. But that time has not yet come.

And even though God does judge wickedness in the here and now, if He judged every wicked person on the planet right now, most of the human race would be gone overnight, including a large percentage of the Church. Be careful what you wish for – and pray for.

Please Support The Stream: Equipping Christians to Think Clearly About the Political, Economic and Moral Issues of Our Day.

In the Old Testament, the Israelites were called to drive out the Canaanites. In the New Testament believers are called to drive out demons. There is quite a difference, in terms of both our attitudes and our actions. The Israelites cursed their enemies. Jesus taught us to bless ours.

To quote the Lord directly: "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbour and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." (Matthew 5:43-45).

Glad No One Called Fire Down on Me

I for one am glad that people didn't call down fire on me when I was a rebellious teenager, stealing money from my own father and breaking into homes and a doctor's office for fun. Had that been the case, I would never have reached my 17th birthday.

I am glad that people didn't call down fire on my wife Nancy when she was a God-mocking atheist, scorning religious people as stupid and weak, actively trying to pull them away from their faith. Had that been the case, we would have never met at the age of 19.

I am glad that people didn't call down fire on my dear Indian friend Yesupadam when he was a Marxist (Naxalite) terrorist. Instead, Jesus appeared to him, converting him with His love. Personally, I do not know a single person on the planet who has done more good to help more people than he. The world would be a much worse place without him.

I am glad that people didn't call down fire on Tass Saada, formerly a Jew-hating assassin for Yasser Arafat but now a devout Christian and great lover of Israel.

And I am glad that people didn't call down fire on Saul of Tarsus when he was killing fellow Jews who believed in Jesus. Had that been the case, we would never have heard of the apostle Paul, and half of the New Testament would be missing.

Pray With God's Heart

Again, when it comes to the elections, by all means, pray that corruption will be exposed. Pray that justice will be done. Pray with fervour and pray with faith.

But pray with God’s heart – a heart of love for your perceived enemies; a heart of compassion; a heart of longsuffering; a heart that longs to see everyone receive salvation and forgiveness through repentance and faith. Isn’t this how God treated you and me when we were lost and in rebellion? Our attitude speaks even louder than our words.

Pray also for a spirit of truth to prevail, since, if massive fraud has not been committed, then massive numbers of Americans, including quite a few Christian leaders, have been duped.

Unfortunately, our "righteous indignation" often stinks of the flesh, being filled with carnal anger, hateful attitudes, and double standards. Be careful before you curse.

In reality, to love your enemies while working against their perceived evil designs is a sign of strength, not of weakness, a sign of courage, not cowardice. This makes us bigger, not smaller. But when we curse and revile them, we become just like them, if not even worse.

I have worked with suffering Christians in other parts of the world, sometimes during seasons of intense persecution.

I have had the privilege of risking my life, along with them, for the gospel.

I can count at least 5 men we sent out to preach who were subsequently martyred.

And on two occasions, I had the extraordinary honor of spending hours together with Richard Wurmbrand and his wife Sabina, two of the saintliest human beings to ever grace our planet, both brutally tortured for their faith.

At no time did I ever hear any of these persecuted believers call down fire on their enemies. Instead, they prayed for their repentance and their salvation.

And during these times of intense testing, these Christians grew in their own faith and became more Christlike in their attitudes. This stands in stark contrast with many of us today. We have become as nasty and meanspirited as the very people we so self-righteously judge.

Surely, during this critical time in American history, it is time for God's people to rise higher and show the reality of our faith. As Paul wrote to the Philippians, "Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life" (Philippians 2:14-16).

It’s time for us to shine and bring honour, not a stench, to the name of our Lord.

And if you’re mad at me for writing this article, then take it up with Jesus. After all, I’m simply quoting His words and applying His principles. Your argument is with Him.

Source

I believe this is a battle between the Kingdom of God and the kingdom of satan. cool
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:13am On Jan 09, 2021
So who is the winner now? undecided

OLAADEGBU:

I believe this is a battle between the Kingdom of God and the kingdom of satan. cool
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2021
People call Jesus Lord with their lips and mouth but their heart is far from Him as they knowingly despise His commandments.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 09, 2021
Every witches occult men and women assigned against me, you are a liar, die by fire and thunder.

Every power of darkness hovering around my life, I pull you down by fire.

Every monitoring spirit, monitoring my life, you are a liar, fall down and die by fire.

Those are my enemies.

That's my prayer point wink.

2 Likes

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2021
Congratulations! cheesy

Nuttella:
Every witches occult men and women assigned against me, you are a liar, die by fire and thunder.
Every power of darkness hovering around my life, I pull you down by fire.
Every monitoring spirit, monitoring my life, you are a liar, fall down and die by fire.
Those are my enemies.
That's my prayer point wink.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MightySparrow: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2021
Where have you been?
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:44am On Jan 09, 2021
Sorry he is no more!

MightySparrow:
Where have you been?
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Congratulations! cheesy

Thankyou. The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. I must subdue, terminate and strip my enemies by God's power. I won't let any evil entity steal my blessings/glory or take what belongs to me.

Where is Gofuckyourself? I'm guessing he is busy somewhere cooking up lies against men of God and attacking the church.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by HelpYourself(m): 11:10am On Jan 09, 2021
Nuttella:
Thankyou. The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. I must subdue, terminate and strip my enemies by God's power. I won't let any evil entity steal my blessings/glory or take what belongs to me.

Where is Gofuckyourself? I'm guessing he is busy somewhere cooking up lies against men of God and attacking the church.

Why won't you just leave me out of your lips

From sending covert agents to disturb my sessions to derailing my threads now you are mentioning me

My dearest sister have a great weekend grin

What a christian you are indeed

1 Like

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2021
Don't mind that first century carpenter jare {Luke 9:51-56} how can someone be praying for his enemies in this twenty~first century? Matthew 5:43-48 cheesy
Abeg you're a winner and you are blessed in Jesus name, AMEN! Matthew 7:21-27 cheesy

Nuttella:
Thankyou. The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. I must subdue, terminate and strip my enemies by God's power. I won't let any evil entity steal my blessings/glory or take what belongs to me. Where is Gofuckyourself? I'm guessing he is busy somewhere cooking up lies against men of God and attacking the church.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by HelpYourself(m): 11:57am On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Don't mind that first century carpenter jare, how can someone be praying for his enemies in this twenty~first century? Matthew 5:43-48 cheesy
Abeg you're a winner and you are blessed in Jesus name, AMEN! Matthew 7:21-27 cheesy

Me carpenter? Chai I have suffered , I have suffered o

Oh my chest ... Anyways it is still an honest job which is what matters...

I wish you both a lovely weekend

Cheers
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
Guy, i've bid you "FAREWELL" on your thread, so don't expect me (Maximus) to cross your path again! smiley

I purposely quoted the very words of the first century Carpenter i had in mind! undecided

So don't think my post has anything to do with you! wink

GofuckYourself:

Me carpenter? Chai I have suffered , I have suffered o Oh my chest ... Anyways it is still an honest job which is what matters...I wish you both a lovely weekend Cheers
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Don't mind that first century carpenter jare {Luke 9:51-56} how can someone be praying for his enemies in this twenty~first century? Matthew 5:43-48 cheesy

I hope its not my Jesus that you are calling a first century carpenter? How dare you angry
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2021
I don't know your Jesus, what i quoted are the very words of a first century Jewish carpenter who claimed he's the Christ, the Bible clearly revealed that the young man was a primitive carpenter {Mark 6:3} but the greatest and most wonderful counselor the world ever had. Isaiah 9:6
I don't think you know him {Matthew 7:21-23} because he commanded his own followers to PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES {Matthew 5:43-48} so if your own Jesus agree with you to CURSE AND CALL DOWN FIRE ON YOUR ADVERSARIES then it couldn't have been the same Jesus! Luke 9:51-56 compared to Mark 7:6-8 smiley

Nuttella:
I hope its not my Jesus that you are calling a first century carpenter? How dare you angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I don't know your Jesus, what i quoted are the very words of a first century Jewish carpenter who claimed he's the Christ, the Bible clearly revealed that the young man was a primitive carpenter {Mark 6:3} but the greatest and most wonderful counselor the world ever had. Isaiah 9:6
I don't think you know him {Matthew 7:21-23} because he commanded his own followers to PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES {Matthew 5:43-48} so if your own Jesus agree with you to CURSE AND CALL DOWN FIRE ON YOUR ADVERSARIES then it couldn't have been the same Jesus! Luke 9:51-56 compared to Mark 7:6-8 smiley

Now listen well, the enemies that Jesus said we should pray for are our fellow human beings, Jesus didnt say I should pray for demons or forces that attack me, I am into spiritual warfare, had it been I haven't done the warfares I have done in my life, demons and forces would have used me as a footmat, pressed me like sardine and I won't be where I am today.

Ephesians 6:12-13, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

This life is a battlefield.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2021
Your Pastor has deceived you greatly by teaching you what will appeal to you. How many times have you prayed for any of those who insult you on Nairaland?
Please don't be deceived, there is no way you can call down fire on evil spirits, they were formerly angels before they rebelled against God. Michael never called down evil on Satan but left the judgment in the hands of God {Jude 9} So who are you to call down evil on God's spirit sons when God himself has not declared his judgment? Matthew 8:29

This is the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of Paul's letter!
©Are you sleeping with someone to whom you're not legally married?
©Do you engage in fraudulent activities?
©Do you engage in envy, insults, abuses?
©Are you into heavy drinking and wild partying?
©Do you roam about at nights?
There are so many of such practices as listed in Paul's letter in the Bible book of Galatians 5:19-21, that is the SPIRIT of the world and God is about to destroy all those practicing such things.
Demons are the powerful forces luring people into these things that's why Paul is saying we need power beyond what is normal to fight our urges not calling down fire on anyone be it human or spirit!
Read that Bible book again but this time study and meditate on each text!
When Paul said we have to put on the complete suit of harmor from God, he explained!

[1] Breastplate of righteousness~ if you're going to breakfree from such practices you must be fully prepared to walk in the way of righteousness! Verse 14

[2] You must be a zealous preacher and industrious teacher of God's word. This will serve as a footwear for you so that everywhere you go practicers of such things won't find it easy to draw you as they'll always know you as the preacher. Verse 15

[3] Your FAITH must be strong as like a shield. Because Satan and demons don't give up easily but with you strong faith they'll be frustrated. Verse 16

[4] Hold the price of your spiritual race so dearly (SALVATION) as you're skillful in handling the SWORD of the spirit which is the word of God! Verse 17

[5] You must be prayerful always so that you can escape all the calamities that's coming upon this faithless generation! Verse 18

Nuttella:
Now listen well, the enemies that Jesus said we should pray for are our fellow human beings, Jesus didnt say I should pray for demons or forces that attack me, I am into spiritual warfare, had it been I haven't done the warfares I have done in my life, demons and forces would have used me as a footmat, pressed me like sardine and I won't be where I am today.

Ephesians 6:12-13, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

This life is a battlefield.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Your Pastor has deceived you greatly by teaching you what will appeal to you. How many times have you prayed for any of those who insult you on Nairaland?
Please don't be deceived, there is no way you can call down fire on evil spirits, they were formerly angels before they rebelled against God. Michael never called down evil on Satan but left the judgment in the hands of God {Jude 9} So who are you to call down evil on God's spirit sons when God himself has not declared his judgment? Matthew 8:29

This is the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of Paul's letter!
©Are you sleeping with someone to whom you're not legally married?
©Do you engage in fraudulent activities?
©Do you engage in envy, insults, abuses?
©Are you into heavy drinking and wild partying?
©Do you roam about at nights?
There are so many of such practices as listed in Paul's letter in the Bible book of Galatians 5:19-21, that is the SPIRIT of the world and God is about to destroy all those practicing such things.
Demons are the powerful forces luring people into these things that's why Paul is saying we need power beyond what is normal to fight our urges not calling down fire on anyone be it human or spirit!
Read that Bible book again but this time study and meditate on each text!
When Paul said we have to put on the complete suit of harmor from God, he explained!

[1] Breastplate of righteousness~ if you're going to breakfree from such practices you must be fully prepared to walk in the way of righteousness! Verse 14

[2] You must be a zealous preacher and industrious teacher of God's word. This will serve as a footwear for you so that everywhere you go practicers of such things won't find it easy to draw you as they'll always know you as the preacher. Verse 15

[3] Your FAITH must be strong as like a shield. Because Satan and demons don't give up easily but with you strong faith they'll be frustrated. Verse 16

[4] Hold the price of your spiritual race so dearly (SALVATION) as you're skillful in handling the SWORD of the spirit which is the word of God! Verse 17

[5] You must be prayerful always so that you can escape all the calamities that's coming upon this faithless generation! Verse 18

Why should you call demons and fallen angels God's spirit sons? For your mind they are God's sons, you see where you missed, I doubt you are a genuine child of God, Even the bible called them our enemies (1 peter 5:8 ) and you are here calling demons God's sons. such error!!!
Satan and his demons are cursed, even when they told Enoch to beg God to allow them go back to heaven, God refused their request, don't you call them his sons, they are his enemies and our enemies too. I have right to cast demons out (matthew 10:1) and call down fire on them. Spirits cannot die but they can lose their hold in your life and release your blessings because the devil has come to steal to kill and to destroy.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
They are God's sons {Genesis 6:1} it was because they rebelled against him that made them evil, just as Adam the (first human rebel) was God's son too! Luke 3:38

Nuttella:
Why should you call demons and fallen angels God's spirit sons? For your mind they are God's sons, you see where you missed, I doubt you are a genuine child of God, Even the bible called them our enemies (1 peter 5:8 ) and you are here calling demons God's sons. such error!!!
Satan and his demons are cursed, even when they told Enoch to beg God to allow them go back to heaven, God refused their request, don't you call them his sons, they are his enemies and our enemies too. I have right to cast demons out (matthew 10:1) and call down fire on them. Spirits cannot die but they can lose their hold in your life and release your blessings because the devil has come to steal to kill and to destroy.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
They are God's sons {Genesis 6:1} it was because they rebelled against him that made them evil, just as Adam the (first human rebel) was God's son too! Luke 3:38

They are no longer God's sons, they are now God's enemies and their eternal abode is hellfire, Stop preaching heresy. What is wrong with you?

Adam did not rebel against God, Adam and Eve were deceived by the serpent which was sent to them by satan, so that is why Adam was only punished but he still have the chance to make heaven but demons and fallen angels are cursed and they dont have the chance to make heaven anymore, him and his offsprings which is you and I have the will power to choose whether we will go to heaven or hell.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
God's word said Adam was NOT DECEIVED! {1Timothy 2:14} so his place is everlasting destruction! smiley

Nuttella:
They are no longer God's sons, they are now God's enemies and their eternal abode is hellfire, Stop preaching heresy. What is wrong with you?

Adam did not rebel against God, Adam and Eve were deceived by the serpent which was sent to them by satan, so that is why Adam was only punished but he still have the chance to make heaven but demons and fallen angels are cursed and they dont have the chance to make heaven anymore, him and his offsprings which is you and I have the will power to choose whether we will go to heaven or hell.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by DappaD: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nuttella:

Job 1:6 ASV
“Now it came to pass on the day when the sons of God came to present themselves before Jehovah, that Satan also came among them.”

According to Bible chronology, this happened some 700 years after a number of angels rebelled in Noah’s day and more than 2,000 after a once faithful angel became Satan. Genesis 3:1, John 8:44

Of course, God didn’t accept those rebellious angels back into his heavenly family but since they were once his faithful servants, they still bear the title “spirit son of God” for now. God also subjected them to an abased condition called Tartarus so they no longer had God’s favour. 2Peter 2:4, Jude 6

Satan and his demons are cursed, even when they told Enoch to beg God to allow them go back to heaven, God refused their request, don't you call them his sons, they are his enemies and our enemies too

I understand that this was extracted from the book of Enoch but is the boE part of the inspired words of God? 2Timothy 3:16

I have right to cast demons out (matthew 10:1) and call down fire on them. Spirits cannot die but they can lose their hold in your life and release your blessings because the devil has come to steal to kill and to destroy.

Of course spirits can be destroyed. Matthew 25:41, Romans 16:20
But please can I get your understanding of what “blessings” are?
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God's word said Adam was NOT DECEIVED! {1Timothy 2:14} so his place is everlasting destruction! smiley

I said Adam and EVE. It was EVE that was deceived.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
So i also said "Adam" was not deceived so Adam has gone to everlasting destruction!

The only difference between Adam and fallen angels is those ones can't die a natural death but God has set a time when he will cause what happened to Adam (everlasting destruction) to affect them too! smiley

Nuttella:
I said Adam and EVE. It was EVE that was deceived.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by DappaD: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nuttella:
Adam did not rebel against God, Adam and Eve were deceived by the serpent which was sent to them by satan, so that is why Adam was only punished
but he still have the chance to make heaven but demons and fallen angels are cursed and they dont have the chance to make heaven anymore, him and his offsprings which is you and I have the will power to choose whether we will go to heaven or hell.

I'm sorry but to make heaven after God placed him in the garden of Eden on EARTH? Genesis 2:8 grin grin grin
After Adam sinned and rebelled against God's direct order(Genesis 2:17), he returned to the dust of the ground he was taken out of. Genesis 3:19
Case closed.

Heaven wasn't promised to anybody in the Old Testament because God created the earth as man's permanent home. Genesis 1:28, Isaiah 45:18

So the hundreds of millions of angels God created before he made the earth are not enough to occupy the heavens? Job 38:7, Daniel 7:10 undecided undecided
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2021
DappaD:

Job 1:6 ASV
“Now it came to pass on the day when the sons of God came to present themselves before Jehovah, that Satan also came among them.”

According to Bible chronology, this happened some 700 years after a number of angels rebelled in Noah’s day and more 2,000 after a once faithful angel became Satan. Genesis 3:1, John 8:44

Of course, God didn’t accept those rebellious angels back into his heavenly family but since they were once his faithful servants, they still bear the title “spirit son of God” for now. God also subjected them to an abused condition called Tartarus so they no longer had God’s favour. 2Peter 2:4, Jude 6

I understand that this was extracted from the book of Enoch but is the boE part of the inspired words of God? 2Timothy 3:16

Of course spirits can be destroyed. Matthew 25:41, Romans 16:20
But please can I get your understanding of what “blessings” are?
I'm glad that we both agree that satan and his minions are cursed Matthew 25:41. The fact that Satan came to present himself in Job 1:6, God asked him "whence cometh thou? he was not meant to be there. Satan is a jobless cherub, walking up and down on the earth causing havoc.

spirits cannot die but they can be bounded by the chains and fetters of God, you and I can send a demon or a spirit to abyss, I have done it before in the dream during deliverance.

Now blessings are your glory, just like the prince of Persia withheld Daniel's prayed for 21 days, (daniel 10:13) Satan and his agents can withhold your blessings and steal your glory(John 10:10) unless you pray harder. Why do occult men and women prosper? They steal people's glory and blessings, Satan cannot give them blessings, he doesn't have the power to, rather he steals our blessing and perverse it and give it to his worshippers. There is a market in the spirit realm where satan and his agents sell and buy people's glory. You dont know what is going on.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
So i also said "Adam" was not deceived so Adam has gone to everlasting destruction!

The only difference between Adam and fallen angels is those ones can't die a natural death but God has set a time when he will cause what happened to Adam (everlasting destruction) to affect them too! smiley

Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they didnt rebel against God. Satan and his fallen angels rebelled against God in heaven.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Valkrie: 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
I dont know why church people always think that their God is a hired killer...!!

They make sure to put enough money in the collection box and ask their God to kill and burn all their imaginary enemies both far and near...!! But the curious thing there is that they always want this God to be killing these perceived enemies everyday...!!

2 Likes

Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Another word for disobedience is rebellion!

Satan and fallen angels disobeyed (rebelled) against God in heaven, Adam and Eve disobeyed (rebelled) against God on earth! smiley

Nuttella:
Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they didnt rebel against God. Satan and his fallen angels rebelled against God in heaven.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2021
DappaD:

I'm sorry but to make heaven after God placed him in the garden of Eden on EARTH? Genesis 2:8 grin grin grin
After Adam sinned and rebelled against God's direct order(Genesis 2:17), he returned to the dust of the ground he was taken out of. Genesis 3:19
Case closed.

Heaven wasn't promised to anybody in the Old Testament because God created the earth as man's permanent home. Genesis 1:28, Isaiah 45:18

So the hundreds of millions of angels God created before he made the earth are not enough to occupy the heavens? Job 38:7, Daniel 7:10 undecided undecided
So are you trying to say that everyone that served God and worshipped him and later died in the old testament even David, Asa, Jehoshaphat, Joash, Josiah went to hell or what? Since heaven wasn't promised to anybody, I will like to know where their spirit went to after their death?

Now let me burst your brain, even if all of us on earth dies and go to heaven, there will still be enough space left, you think heaven is limited like earth, heaven can enter all of us including angels. Dont limit God.
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Another word for disobedience is rebellion!

Satan and fallen angels disobeyed (rebelled) against God in heaven, Adam and Eve disobeyed (rebelled) against God on earth! smiley

So where are you heading to now with this your argument?
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by DappaD: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nuttella:
I'm glad that we both agree that satan and his minions are cursed Matthew 25:41. The fact that Satan came to present himself in Job 1:6, God asked him "whence cometh thou? he was not meant to be there. Satan is a jobless cherub, walking up and down on the earth causing havoc.
spirits cannot die but they can be bounded by the chains and fetters of God, you and I can send a demon or a spirit to abyss, I have done it before in the dream during deliverance.

Angels weren't created immortal that's why Satan and his horde of demons can be exterminated. Genesis 3:15, Romans 16:20, Hebrews 2:14, Revelation 20:10

Now blessings are your glory, just like the prince of Persia withheld Daniel's prayed for 21 days, (daniel 10:13) Satan and his agents can withhold your blessings and steal your glory(John 10:10) unless you pray harder. Why do occult men and women prosper? They steal people's glory and blessings, Satan cannot give them blessings, he doesn't have the power to, rather he steals our blessing and perverse it and give it to his worshippers. There is a market in the spirit realm where satan and his agents sell and buy people's glory. You dont know what is going on.

Get the right perspective. An angel[spirit son of God] was the one speaking to Daniel at Daniel 10:12-14

The “glory” of this world belongs to Satan that's why he can give it out as he wishes. Luke 4:6
So what do you classify under “blessings” and “glory”? Riches? Power? Influence in the society?
Re: Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
DappaD:

Angels weren't created immortal that's why Satan and his horde of demons can be exterminated. Genesis 3:15, Romans 16:20, Hebrews 2:14, Revelation 20:10

Get the right perspective. An angel[spirit son of God] was the one speaking to Daniel at Daniel 10:12-14

The “glory” of this world belongs to Satan that's why he can give it out as he wishes. Luke 4:6
So what do you classify under “blessings” and “glory”? Riches? Power? Influence in the society?
Rev 20:10 should tell you that spirits cannot die, you can bruise them, chain them, fight them, throw them into fire, they cannot die, which is why when someone dies the human spirit either go to heaven and continue enjoying or go of hell where it will be tortured. I repeat, Spirit cannot die. Its only God that will decide if he will destroy the spirit.

God gives blessings to his children and Satan as the ruler of the darkness of this world steals it, Satan cannot give blessings and glory. He is a theif, Satan cannot raise the dead too. All he does is perversion.

Yes an angel was speaking to Daniel telling him that his prayer has been answered since but the prince of Persia withheld the angel and the prayer until arch angel Michael came and fought the prince of Persia to release the answer to the prayer and the angel.
Daniel 10:13
[13]But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayers Of Thanksgiving / When Is Jesus Coming Back? / Wat Does D Bible Say Bout Women Who Wear Trousers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.