Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (9371 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by JesusSonOfGod: 11:42am On Jan 07, 2018
Copied from CBN...

.. Did Olga love those who wronged her? Instead of asking prayer that the injured man be healed, Olga could have asked that God punish them for their wicked ways.

Would that have been a Christ-like attitude? No. What did Jesus do the night He was arrested and Peter cut off the ear of the high priest's slave? That slave was an enemy of Jesus, but Luke tells us, "But Jesus said, 'Enough of this!' He touched the man's ear and healed him" (Luke 22:51).

We want to be like Jesus who loved His enemies and forgave them. In Matthew 5:44 He said, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." And again in Matthew 6:15, "If you do not forgive others, then your Father in heaven will not forgive the wrongs you have done."

Love is the greatest Christian virtue. First Corinthians 13:13 tells us, "Meanwhile these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love."

Christians should love God first. He will in turn put His love in our hearts so we can love both friends and enemies. "Jesus answered, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind'" (Matthew 22:37).

"And now I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" (John 13:34). Memorize this verse and repeat it often, remembering that a believer's most important responsibility to God and to His fellowman is love.

Memory Verses
You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.
- Matthew 5:43-45

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by marooh: 11:45am On Jan 07, 2018
When ur enemy is blessed they will forget about u....
Always bless ur enemy in prayer
tongue

4 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by JesusSonOfGod: 11:50am On Jan 07, 2018
marooh:
tongue

We were commanded by Jesus to pray for our enemies. We are Christians because we ought to live like Him. Christianity means Christ-like, people who live like Christ. Alot of Christians have lost it. They pray 'die by fire'. I wonder the religion they are practicing.

11 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by enilove(m): 9:27am On Jul 22, 2018
marooh:
tongue

Is Islam not enemy of Christianity ?

Can you pray for Islam , whose agenda is to kill Christianity and force your children to serve Satan?

When your enemy is blessed. he will not leave you alone neither will he help you but will oppress you till you die.

WHERE IS LEAH SHUAB ? That is the work of an enemy.

Satan is the god of Islam who has succeeded in caging all the Muslims and is using them to fight the Christians world wide.

Our real enemy is Satan and his agents of darkness , you have to pray against them and spoil their plans.

Why did Jesus not pray for Judas Iscariot but cursed him ?
Why did Jesus pray for Peter and not Judas?

Matthew 26:21-24 KJV
And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
[22] And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?
[23] And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
[24] The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but WOE unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by JesusSonOfGod: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

Can you pray for Islam , whose agenda is to kill Christianity and force your children to serve Satan?

When your enemy is blessed. he will not leave you alone neither will he help you but will oppress you till you die.

Satan is the god of Islam who has succeeded in caging all the Muslims and is using them to fight the Christians world wide.

Our real enemy is Satan and his agents of darkness , you have to pray against them and spoil their plans.

You pray for them to be saved. When they are saved, you will see the best in them.

6 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by CAPSLOCKED: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2018

ARE Y'ALL FROM CROATIA?

BECAUSE CHRISTIANS IN MY COUNTRY ARE ALWAYS PRAYING THAT THEIR ENEMIES DIE BY FIRE.

THEY BELIEVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY THE ENEMIES (VILLAGE PEOPLE).

-OH, YOU DIDN'T DO TOO WELL IN YOUR EXAMS? BLAME IT ON THE ENEMIES.
-YOUR KID LEFT THE GAS COOKER ON AND IT LED TO A FIRE INCIDENT THAT BURNT DOWN THE HOUSE? THE ENEMIES AGAIN.
-YOU PAY LITTLE ATTENTION TO YOUR CAR AND NEGLECT THE VALUABLE PARTS.. BLAME IT ON THE ENEMIES WHEN YOUR TIRE BURSTS ON THE HIGHWAY.
-YOUR MARRIAGE IS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF PRIDE AND MISUNDERSTANDING? THE ENEMIES ARE AT WORK SURELY.
-YOU WOKE UP LATE AND MISSED AN IMPORTANT INTERVIEW? THE ENEMIES MADE YOU OVERSLEEP.
-YOU GOT EXPELLED FROM THE MINOR SEMINARY FOR EXAM MALPRACTICE? THE ENEMIES MADE YOU NOT TO STUDY AND SEDUCED YOU INTO CHEATING. THE ENEMIES WORSENED THE SITUATION BY USING THE ADMINS TO EXPEL YOU.

IN THIS COUNTRY EVERY BAD SITUATION IS THE WORK OF THE ENEMIES, AND "THAT OLD WIDOW IN THE VILLAGE".

JESUS TAUGHT CHRISTIANS TO LOVE AND PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES, BUT IN THIS COUNTRY EVERY CHRISTIAN IS PRAYING AGAINST HIS ENEMY, WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE NEXT CHRISTIAN WHO IS ALSO PRAYING AGAINST HIS ENEMIES -THE NEXT CHRISTIAN PRAYING AGAINST ENEMIES... AND IT GOES ON AND ON IN THIS CYCLE OF NONSENSE SUPERSTITIOUS BULLSHĮT.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by festwiz(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2018
Christians have long since forgotten about this virtue. It's new virtue is "tithes or no heaven*, " tithe or things will be tight for you" or "die by fire".

If you don't abide by any of the above, you are not a true Christian. grin

#peace

3 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2018
If you cannot love and pray for your enemies then you are unfit to be a follower of Jesus Christ!

9 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by RexTramadol1: 10:31am On Jul 22, 2018
Pray for your enemies

And God will keep them busy.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Yomisky(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2018
PRAY THEY SHOULD DIE BY FIRE!!

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Melvess(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2018
RexTramadol1:
Pray for your enemies

And God will keep them busy.
the enemies must die by fire or you want to be praying for them till they cut off your head!!
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2018
[s]
enilove:

[/s]
Islam is not an enemy of Christianity, Muslims aren't enemies of Christians

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Maket: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2018
They are witches hence suffered them not to live before they Will proliferate and become terror.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

I laugh when I read this nonsense. Muslims are devils and they worship Satan while Christians are saints and they worship God.

How many people has that Satan destroyed?
How many people has God destroyed?

God destroyed from old testament to new testament to the real world and till date, he still destroys yet Satan is the devil and God is as clean as fvck.

You sir and your ilks are far from doing justice to your brains

6 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by anataala: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2018
Islam is not enemy to chiristianity Jesus is loved and cherished in Islam as well a complete chapter named suratul Maryam was in the Qur'an in fact if you want to know the first miracle of Jesus please read it. The first miracle of Jesus peace be unto him
was not captured on the bible. luote author=JesusSonOfGod post=69600827]

You pray for them to be saved. When they are saved, you will see the best in them. [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 10:39am On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

You pray for them to be saved. When they are saved, you will see the best in them.

For them to be saved? So you are saved while they are languishing in bondage right? This stvpid idea of my faith and God is superior To yours is what breeds extremism. This stvpid dea of my own sect is the only approved sect by the only true god is as myopic and extremely stvpid as those who preaches and practices it.

Change your mentality.
First thing first and always is humanity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Nnamdiojukwu: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

Don't mind the op,the bible said,suffer not a witch to live,make I hear say i pray for my enemies,I will pray for their total destruction.
why op only quoted new testaments, what have he say about what God told us to do to our enemies?

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Dottore: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2018
Would u still pray for your enemies when you watch them behead close members of your family, burn your house and shop then as a friendly part on the back the amputate one of your hand and your leg. Just asking?

2 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by RexTramadol1: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2018
Melvess:
the enemies must die by fire or you want to be praying for them till they cut off your head!!

I'm on the 50th floor, they are on the last floor....... Their hands can't move close to my head.

2 Likes

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Augustinaz(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2018
marooh:
tongue
Scoping
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by RexTramadol1: 10:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Nnamdiojukwu:
Don't mind the op,the bible said, suffer not a witch to live,make I hear say i pray for my enemies,I will pray for their total destruction.
why op only quoted new testaments, what have he say about what God told us to do to our enemies?

The emboldened is flawed and in the olden days, part of that law is the one that says adulterous women should be stoned, but what did Jesus do when an adulterous woman was about to be stoned?

The new testament is the real thing

The old testament was only pointing towards the real thing which was Christ.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by cappinjerry(m): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2018
Why do you pray for your enemies to die when you can kill them. Just save your god the stress and do it yourself. Anuofia
Melvess:
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by blackaxe78: 11:05am On Jul 22, 2018
Oyedepo curses them

Think that's the best way to deal with them
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 11:07am On Jul 22, 2018
RexTramadol1:

The emboldened is flawed and in the olden days, part of that law is the one that says adulterous women should be stoned, but what did Jesus do when an adulterous woman was about to be stoned?

The new testament is the real thing

The old testament was only pointing towards the real thing which was Christ.

Why is the old testament different from the new testament?
Who is Jesus?
Is Jesus God?

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by bigdoo: 11:09am On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

We were commanded by Jesus to pray for our enemies. We are Christians because we ought to live like Him. Christianity means Christ-like, people who live like Christ. Alot of Christians have lost it. They pray 'die by fire'. I wonder the religion they are practicing.

And I wonder about this common utterance made by many Christians all over against other people ''HOLY GHOST FIRE''. Is it Godly or Christlike?
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by jbtobsyn(m): 11:09am On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

After they have killed you abi. Just because none of your family members was part of those killed and because you are not related to Leah Saribu. I repeat Islam is not a religion of Peace.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Ekirigwhite(m): 11:11am On Jul 22, 2018
The worst part is when people say "the bible says we should pray for our enemies but does not tell us what to pray for them". In simple English, when you're doing something for(not against), it means in favour of.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by hope4nigeria(m): 11:11am On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

you have no ideal of enemy they are talking about here! Not the neighbor who keep mealies with you, how do you pray for Fulani herdsmen who comes when you're sleeping to slaughter you, boko haram who will burn you inside church even when you don't even know them. Enemies should be differentiate, you must pray against determined enemy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Really Sinful To Take Alcohol? / Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent / Pictures Of Black Women With Big Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.