Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) (62051 Views)

Atlanta Woman Finds A Wild African Cat On Her Bed / Man Breeds Albino Ball Python That Smiles Right Back At You (Photos) / World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2020

A dad managed to snap some pictures of a rare albino squirrel that he saw posing outside his home - and now she’s a regular visitor.

Richard Waugh, 51, was stunned when he spotted the rare animal scampering around outside his Edinburgh flat.

The software developer said he now sees the unusual critter - which he’s dubbed Lexy - a couple times a week.

He has even started to scatter nuts out for her to give her a snack.

The striking rodent is completely white, apart from her ears, nose and paws which have a pinkish tinge.

It is a condition that affects only one in a million grey squirrels - and there are only thought to be 50 in the UK.

Their unique fur is caused by an absence of melanin, which affects their hair, and cases their eyes to go a reddish-pink.

The odds of a squirrel being born white is one in 100,000.

Dad-of-two Richard snapped the pictures of cheeky Lexy rummaging around in the leaves outside his home on November 21.

He said: "I was going to out to the shops, and she was running about, luckily I had my camera with me.

"She seemed to be in a good mood and posed for a few photos.

"I reckon it's about four years she has been hanging about here now, I've been lucky and seen her a lot.

"I usually see her a couple of times a week, although she seems to disappear for a couple of weeks at a time, it's always good to see her when she's back.

"I don't really feed her but on rare occasions I sometimes see her from the flat window and take down a few nuts to scatter about in the grass and trees.

"She is quite cheeky, sometimes she just runs off with a couple of cheeky glances back from the trees, other times it's like she is sitting posing for photos. She seems to get on well enough with the other wildlife.

"She's pretty fast on her feet and she gives as good as she gets when she if she is getting bullied."

Albino squirrels are believed to have sight and hearing problems, making life in the wild very difficult for them.
Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/rare-albino-squirrel-spotted-dad-23059453

23 Likes

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Blakjewelry(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
Cool if na naija hmm meat them for dey call am

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by devilmaycry: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
Cute....
One country people for don d look for stone to take knack am grin

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Soarr(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
See as he cute like my friend helinues aka anus

17 Likes

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by DenreleDave(m): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Organsmuggler(f): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
this one go good for pepper soup with better palm wine or chilled Heineken

2 Likes

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by theFilmtric: 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nice

theFilmtricsay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2020
Genetically mutated to take out the human race in 2021.
You people were warned.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Fahdiga(m): 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
Cute that's all I can say

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Kestolove(m): 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2020
I will choose Dix over nnamdi kanu ND his people

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by internationalman(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
Let those countries with Nuclear Weapons use Nigeria as a target practice...this country don't deserve to exist.

But only if they'd let us migrate to their country..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Samylekey(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
Assuming na Naija eh, we for dey hear "see the animal I killed in my compound"

Next thing, na kitchen picture or outdoor roasting of the squirrel.

Next to this, several comments will be seen

1. "Omo, this na your palliative"

2. "the meat sweet die"

3. "Guy, Wetin be ur location. make I show with cold Heineken" and several others.

But see better country, dem even dey snap the squirrel.

Poverty and anyhow eating won't finish us in Naija

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Taysik(f): 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2020
Samylekey:
Assuming na Naija eh, we for dey hear "see the animal I killed in my compound"

Next thing, na kitchen picture or outdoor roasting of the squirrel.

Next to this, several comments will be seen

1. "Omo, this na your palliative"

2. "the meat sweet die"

3. "Guy, Wetin be ur location. make I show with cold Heineken" and several others.

But see better country, dem even dey snap the squirrel.

Poverty and anyhow eating won't finish us in Naija

lol you got it 100% and if it's not any of the comments above, they'll probably say it's a 'spiritual' something sent by their village people. Smh

29 Likes

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Sirpluv: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
awwwwwnnn

This one would make a good pet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Canih28: 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
lol
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Samylekey(m): 11:47pm On Nov 24, 2020
Taysik:

lol you got it 100% and if it's not any of the comments above, they'll probably say it's a 'spiritual' something sent by their village people. Smh

Don't mind them jare. Always looking for reason to justify their actions

8 Likes

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by eddyline(m): 11:15am On Nov 25, 2020
omo, see fine palliative. this one fit taste like broiled chicken
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Officialhorlah(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
Cute like megrin

2 Likes

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by tstx(m): 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2020
Even Their animals are weird.

Between Squirrels are the most beautiful creatures on earth
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
If na naija now. Dem go use peanut call am.... you know the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Uyi168: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by bigdammyj: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Noted
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by BHUHARiE: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Big meat 4naija
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by sammysmiles(m): 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
Correct Bush meat
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Olarewaju89: 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
grin

Very funny... Lol grin

Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by etrange: 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
Beauty
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by revived: 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
Lol
Re: Man Finds Rare Albino Squirrel Posing For Pictures Outside His Home In UK (Pics) by Dangrace01: 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lions Seen Taking Tourists And Park Rangers On A Tour In The Jungle / My Net Caught This Beautiful Kingfisher At My Pond Today (Photo) / Dog Unlocks Gate By Itself And Gets Out, Shocks Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.