Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,258 members, 7,864,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:40 PM

What Love Gesture Brought You The Most Unexpected Reaction? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Love Gesture Brought You The Most Unexpected Reaction? (267 Views)

US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz / The Cousin My Mum Brought To My House Has Destroyed My Son / Police In London Brought Out Yoruba Police Officer To Warn Yoruba Women. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Love Gesture Brought You The Most Unexpected Reaction? by manos(m): 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
Valentine's day, some years back,. The foremost thing on my mind was how to put a smile on the face of my then girlfriend. We were in a long distance relationship, which made things a bit tricky (constant misunderstandings) and we were having one of those many quarrels at the time.
I had already paid to an oriflame marketer online to deliver some cosmetic products to her office. I also decided to send flowers but settled upon the idea of a single rose flower. Not a bunch, just a single rose flower, (I wasn't quite buoyant, so I had to make do with that). The items and delivery cost came to about 20,000 naira total. It was a real rose flower though.
To cut the long story short, she was very happy about the rose flower in particular that she completely forgot about our argument and kept gushing over the flower all through that day, saying no one had ever given her a rose before. She even took a picture of her sniffing it and uploaded to her social media handles.

She kept taking and editing more pictures with it, different poses day after day and she kept saying how she loved the scent of the rose and how she never knew roses had such a wonderful fragrance.
The rose finally died probably 4 days later. And she sent me the final picture of it withering away.
We are married now (years later) and till date I haven't seen her in such a euphoric state even though I have spent more money on more expensive gifts since then.

That event made me come up with a theory that the fragrance of the rose flower had the same effect that cocaine or some other narcotics has on its users. She literarily kept getting high from sniffing the flower all through the period it had a scent.

So now tell us yours, what little act of love have you expressed to your spouse that gave you the most unexpected and over-appreciated reaction?

1 Like

Re: What Love Gesture Brought You The Most Unexpected Reaction? by pythondance2020: 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2020
P

1 Like

Re: What Love Gesture Brought You The Most Unexpected Reaction? by evelynakpore: 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Love Gesture Brought You The Most Unexpected Reaction? by madampresident(f): 7:31am On Nov 27, 2020
lol

(1) (Reply)

Ragp Will Be Shutting Down. See When / Man Breaks Up With His Wife, Afrer Her Mum Denied Him From Seeing His Children. / Make Your Kids Happy With This Snacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.