Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border (988 Views)

See The Agricultural Products China Leads The World In Producing / Opportunities In Agricultural Industry 2017: Beginner Guide / If You Are A Participant In The Agricultural Industry, Please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by amerengues(m): 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
https://punchng.com/breaking-land-borders-to-be-reopened-soon-says-minister/

There are reports that shows that border will be opened soon. What’s your take on this, is it a strategic move to salvage Nigeria’ present predicaments? Is it welcomed? Most especially, how will it impact local production?

Kindly share your thoughts about this.
Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by jades5050(m): 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
amerengues:
https://punchng.com/breaking-land-borders-to-be-reopened-soon-says-minister/

There are reports that shows that border will be opened soon. What’s your take on this, is it a strategic move to salvage Nigeria’ present predicaments? Is it welcomed? Most especially, how will it impact local production?

Kindly share your thoughts about this.

What I see in this is that our government are not supporting the situation

1 ) let's start from ministry of Agriculture and their parastatal what are they producing ?
2 ) some State government and their commissioner for Agricultural what impact did they have in agriculture ?

Our private and distinguished farmers are trying to be sincere , but the demands of the people are much higher than what they can meet , our population is what we need to look into .
A foreign business man once said Nigeria population is a business opportunity that some investors did not aware of
So if land border is open the government still need to be blame

1 Like

Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by Attit: 1:45am On Nov 26, 2020
Most people focus on production and they still fail, but market is the most important. Opening border should not affect any wise grower. The border must be opened. After all, products are moved in daily via the border. It is will very minimal effect on prices. The reality is that inflation is in the land. We are officially in recession.
Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by amerengues(m): 9:06am On Nov 26, 2020
Interesting!
Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by lazkizz(m): 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
jades5050:

What I see in this is that our government are not supporting the situation

1 ) let's start from ministry of Agriculture and their parastatal what are they producing ?
2 ) some State government and their commissioner for Agricultural what impact did they have in agriculture ?

Our private and distinguished farmers are trying to be sincere , but the demands of the people are much higher than what they can meet , our population is what we need to look into .
A foreign business man once said Nigeria population is a business opportunity that some investors did not aware of
So if land border is open the government still need to be blame
I agree with u
Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by jades5050(m): 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
Attit:
We are officially in recession.
yes Nigeria is in recession but there is ways to handle this .
I listen to some piece of news says Nigeria economy is moving faster to be out of recession well I cannot say yes and I cannot say no because our economic has be in recession since the closure of border , I have friends who lost job all because of the closure of border , because her company were not allow to import the materials they used for production , while the company pack up and relocate to Ghana
Thanks to COVID-19 that boost our economic I won't say more than that
Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by Attit: 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
jades5050:
yes Nigeria is in recession but there is ways to handle this .
I listen to some piece of news says Nigeria economy is moving faster to be out of recession well I cannot say yes and I cannot say no because our economic has be in recession since the closure of border , I have friends who lost job all because of the closure of border , because her company were not allow to import the materials they used for production , while the company pack up and relocate to Ghana
Thanks to COVID-19 that boost our economic I won't say more than that
I explained everything in my post, but you decided to pick only the recession part. Go back and read it. Marketing is one of the solutions. Market your product to sell at good prices, and try to find a way to reduce cost of production. The main way to get out of recession is to make money flow round so many can start producing. Govt will roll out loans and bonuses just to drive the economy out of recession. Our job is to position ourselves to benefit for such programs..

If you know more options and ideas, drop them so we can all learn. Dont just say there are ways to handle the situation.

1 Like

Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by jades5050(m): 10:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Attit:

I explained everything in my post, but you decided to pick only the recession part. Go back and read it. Marketing is one of the solutions. Market your product to sell at good prices, and try to find a way to reduce cost of production. The main way to get out of recession is to make money flow round so many can start producing. Govt will roll out loans and bonuses just to drive the economy out of recession. Our job is to position ourselves to benefit for such programs..

If you know more options and ideas, drop them so we can all learn. Dont just say there are ways to handle the situation.
You are right with your post and I never antagonized your post , I only pick recession to expatiate little on your post that's all and if you are focusing on marketing , if I may ask you , have you not heard of this saying , that Nigeria is a market hub
Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by Attit: 3:56am On Nov 27, 2020
jades5050:

You are right with your post and I never antagonized your post , I only pick recession to expatiate little on your post that's all and if you are focusing on marketing , if I may ask you , have you not heard of this saying , that Nigeria is a market hub
Oh.OK. But really I had to do that to make you say something. And you actually hit the nail perfectly about marketing. Bro, you are a gee. Lol. See eh! The online way to beat the already monopolized and heavily controled system in Nigeria is to go digital. Look at #EndSARs how CBN and govt were beaten with cryptocurrency to move cash in. Lol. And the old men still felt freezing the local accounts of those guys is the solution, when it can be done again and again. Lol. We all know physical market in Nigeria is heavily controlled. 10% bla bla bla percentage to a marketer, payment of association fees, troubles with thugs, bad hygiene there, etc. Yes, Nigeria is indeed a market hub. Personally, I quit production temporarily to focus on marketing seriously, and doing exactly this. I have to learn it cos I dont want to rely on any system or individual that will fail me in the future. You indeed talk about the future. Most people here are just about today. Lol. Nice one bro.
Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by amerengues(m): 11:45pm On Dec 05, 2020
Interesting discuss!
Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by amerengues(m): 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
It appears the plan to reopen the border has gain much ground owing to the comatose economy
Re: How Will The Agricultural Industry Fare After Reopening Border by amerengues(m): 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2020
amerengues:
It appears the plan to reopen the border has gain much ground owing to the comatose economy

Four land borders have been opened. What is the fate of local production?

(1) (Reply)

Bull Semen For Sale / We Need A Land In Ogun State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Raw Cashew Nut Supplier Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.