Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,518 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Can I Sue Abimco.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can I Sue Abimco.com (2183 Views)

It's all over. / I Want To Sue A Domain Name Registrar And I Need Advice Please / Help!!! www.talkofnaija.com Just Stole Our Article. How Do We Sue Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sue Abimco.com by kelechiodo(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2007
I am a member of a web design and development company situated in Nsukka. As a new outfit, we looked for a web hosting company and following my enquiry here, we decided to host with Abimco.com Unfortunately, the experience has been bitter. All our clients web sites that were hosted in Abimco personal plan just disappeared from net. And two of the sites are actually owned by popular Rev Frs in this town with functioning NGOs. The reason that Abimco gave is that some people were using their sites to send spam and for that they have to block the data center. Well I am not finding this development funny at all. If it is a fraud or joke, I just want it to stop immediately. Let Abimco just put okunerere.org, kayceenet.com and foundationforgod'slove.com back to net without further delay. We need to complete our work on them and present them officially to their owners.
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by syskay(m): 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2007
Spam is one major problem that Nigerian Web Hosts face. If the spam messages actually originated from one of your websites, then they have every right to terminate the account of the particular site found wanting. However, any site that is not in violation should be turned back on.
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by kelechiodo(m): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2007
But we are still working on the sites. None of them has been presented to their owners and neither my MD who happens to be a Rev. Fr nor I ever send spam with the sites. I am 100% sure of what I am saying.
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by Seun(m): 11:38am On Jun 29, 2007
Some of Abimco.com's servers may have been blocked by their own web host.
They are probably not the ones doing the blocking. Do you understand what I'm saying?
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by kelechiodo(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2007
If they are not the ones doing the blocking, then what am I suppose to do? Because right now, I can't afford to allow them eat the amount we paid for the three sites a month ago and then start lying of un existing spam.
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by syskay(m): 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2007
Why not post their official response to your problem on this forum. Whenever there is an abuse case regarding any account, there is always evidence to show for it.
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by niyyie(m): 10:12am On Jun 30, 2007
No. I see no reason for us to bash Abimco here.

@ kelechiodo, Ask Abimco to give you the proof that the spam originated from your account. If they can prove it, then forget it. You have lost both the money and the account. Abimco's Terms of Service is titled "Zero Tolerance To Spamming, Scamming".

If you are found to have spammed, Abimco WebHost reserves the right to disable your domain without warning. Abimco WebHost solely reserves the right to refuse or cancel service to known spammers. Lastly, Abimco WebHost reserves the right to determine what violates this policy. As such, any violation may result in cancellation of services without refund.

So, all they need do is prove it and you've lost everything.
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by niyyie(m): 10:21am On Jun 30, 2007
I should add that spams and scams are a very big problem with Nigerian hosting clients. Most of the hosting accounts bought from Nigeria are used for scams and spams. Either they want to buy with stolen credit/debit cards, or they are using a fake US address + phone number or both. Web4Africa has tighten the order process now. All orders are screened extensively for fraud and the likelihood of being used for spams or scams.

I'd post extensively about that some other time. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by Afam(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2007
This is what you get when you get the services of people who go into web hosting business without having a sound and strong business relationship with the web hosting companies as regards issues that may arise.

Since January 2003 no single website hosted by Just Web Services has been down or blocked. While I hate adverting on public forums this is one case where I can boldly say that if you want a worry free web hosting service Just Web Services can help you because ultimately web developers take the blame when things like these come up and some would want to generalize that all web developers are bad or insincere.

Suffice to state here that we have provided web hosting service to some web designers that had such bad experiences in the past.

We have dedicated machines for web server, database and email servers to provide maximum reliability and performance.

You may read the article below to learn more

http://www.justwebservices.com/webhostingarticle.html
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by abhosts(m): 11:39am On Jul 02, 2007
@Afam

It is unfortunate that you are pulling such a cheap stunt with this issue. Spamming problems have nothing to do with inefficient services on the part of a web hosting company. Big Nigerian Web Hosting companies like signonafrica and Nairahost, have had their servers either shut or outrightly canceled as a result of spam. When such situation arises, even law abiding clients on that server will be affected as well.

The reason you do not have a problem with spammers is obvious. Your sky-scraping prices are affordable only to the high and mighty.
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by Afam(m): 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2007
I will certainly not be getting into an arguement with you on the business of web hosting.

Just a note to the casual browser to understand why some web hosting packages are cheap and others expensive.

A single server of say 100GB hard disk can conveniently host 500 websites with 200MB for each website.

The same server can host 100 websites with 1GB for each website and can host 5000 websites with 20MB for each website.

So, for the end user, it depends on reliability of the server as the server that is over loaded will be less reliable than one with lesser websites.

The information above has to do with why we do not charge very low prices for web packages because we are not in the business of carving out hard disks to host thousands.

Now to the issue of spamming.

Why would you host a business you do not know or do not understand? Whether you like it or not it is your business to ensure that your clients are into legitimate business.

But what do we have in reality, web hosting companies accept money from anyone that wants a web package because the focus is on the money.

My dear, I have turned down offers to build websites for fraudsters that want to clone bank websites. Some offer as much as N200,000.00 for something that won't take me 6 hours to complete yet I ask them to go elsewhere.

The companies you stated that were shut down were in the business of allowing everyone host with them business the focus was the money that will be made.

As a matter of fact I use my Mastercard to help web designers order reseller packages which they now carve out to make a lot of money from many clients.

In this business, it is your business to know who or what your clients are into. No excuses, do the right thing and you will have less headache.

Meanwhile, our web hosting packages are not expensive considering the disk space, bandwidth and other features.

Personal - Static 250MB 50GB 5 N24,000.00
Basic - Dynamic 12GB 250GB 250 N44,000.00
Banter - Dynamic 20GB 300GB 500 N54,000.00
Platinum - Dynamic 30GB Unmetered 750 N80,000.00
Dedicated Server - Dynamic 80GB Unmetered Unlimited N540,000.00

http://www.justwebservices.com/webhostingplans.html
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by kelechiodo(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2007
Abhost: why must legitmate clients suffer with the fraudsters when the server is shut down. They should have a process of removing the wheat from maize.
Though right now, abimco.com has return two of the sites remaining okunerere.org I dont know why they are still holding that one.
SKysky: The reason they later gave is that two e-mails were opened with the site. I wonder when that has become a crime. But meanwhile I thank them for restoring two of the sites but I just hope that the act will not repeat itself again. But we are still waiting for okunerere.org
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by niyyie(m): 12:04am On Jul 03, 2007
I guess it all bores down to screening each web hosting order, before processing it.
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by Afam(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2007
niyyie:

I guess it all bores down to screening each web hosting order, before processing it.

Exactly. It is just that some of these web hosting companies spend a lot of money advertising in the regular and online media to bother about saying NO to a potential client.

On web projects, over 40% of them are turned down especially when they find it difficult to explain certain things as regards what the websites will be used for.

The ability to say NO to a potential client may be the thing that will make the difference between failure and success when doing business online.

IT IS THE DUTY OF THE WEB DEVELOPER/SERVICE PROVIDER TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CLIENT IS GENUINE.
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by abimco(m): 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2007
We don't want to engage in any public forum to defend our action, we informed our clients when signing up for our services that we have zero tolerance for spammers and other illegal activities on line using our services. We are not ready to jeopardize the interest of genuine clients because of the activities of few spammers, who are destroying the image on the country on line.
Most spammers don't develop anything on the frontpage of their sites, but create e-mail accounts they use in their nefarious activities.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by Jamiualagidi: 8:35am On Oct 05, 2015
Get reliable web hosting plan on a secured vps server @ http://somanglobaltechnologies.com/#pricing

I guarantee them on all sides, they take time to communicate with with, it is not a very big company though but its reliable and efficient
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 05, 2015
Get started with our webhosting services @www.cedarhostng.com
for
6GB/N3500/YR

30GB/N8,000/YR

For Unlimited disk Space (special offer call )

All our hosting plans comes with unlimited bandwidth,unlimited emails unlimited databases,free scripts and lots more...

for further enquires email info4cedarhostng@gmail.com call/whatsapp:08186219002 BBM:532FC7C5
Re: Can I Sue Abimco.com by chinextworld: 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
Get Super-Fast And Reliable Web Hosting from https://nedhost.com
We offer reliable, super-fast cloud powered web hosting with over 99.99% uptime and full failover, 100% SSD disk offering superb speed and performance. At an Amazing price

Get Unlimited webhosting, reseller Account, VPS
info at nedhost.com

(1) (Reply)

Rocket Your Website To Top Position On Google, Bing, Alexa, And Yahoo In 30 Days / Get A Free Edu Email Account / World Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.