Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:30 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 - TV/Movies (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (130727 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 8% (64 votes)
Fiction: 7% (53 votes)
Action: 19% (143 votes)
Comedy: 17% (130 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (19 votes)
Adventure: 15% (111 votes)
Mission: 5% (38 votes)
Bad Movies: 2% (16 votes)
Zombie: 0% (5 votes)
Vampire: 3% (29 votes)
Evil: 1% (9 votes)
Romance: 15% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Davedavy: 9:28am On Jun 27, 2012
John Carter in 3D.
story line: 7/10
3D Effect: 4/10
Surround Sound: 9/10

All in all,i enjoyed the movie.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Davedavy: 9:36am On Jun 27, 2012
Journey 2: the mysterious Island in 3d

story line: 2/10
3d Effect: 10/10
surround sound: 9/10

Lame story,but powerful and immersive 3d.Vanessa Hudgens is one fine omoge men wink
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Davedavy: 9:42am On Jun 27, 2012
21Jump street. 6/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Davedavy: 9:43am On Jun 27, 2012
Wrath of the titans in 3d.

storyline: 6/10
3d effect: 3/10
Surround sound: 8/10.

I am patiently waiting for Avengers and Prometheus to come on blu ray,i've pre-ordered both already on Amazon.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:06am On Jul 02, 2012
Battleship. 4/10 rating.

I am waiting for The Amazing Spider by July. I think I have an affinity for Emma Stone.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Davedavy: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2012
Hugo.

9/10

A thousand words.

8/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
Can't believe Vieira hasn't written on Spidey.
Haven't seen it since things have prevented me from doing anything since last week.

Anyway,
Detachment. Loved it. Very depressing and the mix documentary style shooting works even if i'm not a big fan of it.
Lock out. LMAO!!! Wisecrack. Not well made and the female as usual was very bland compared to the every wonderful Guy Pierce. But an enjoyable movie.
Gone. Rubbish. Woman looked liked she was on the verge of an epileptic episode all throughout.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
iice: Can't believe Vieira hasn't written on Spidey.
Haven't seen it since things have prevented me from doing anything since last week.

Anyway,
Detachment. Loved it. Very depressing and the mix documentary style shooting works even if i'm not a big fan of it.
Lock out. LMAO!!! Wisecrack. Not well made and the female as usual was very bland compared to the every wonderful Guy Pierce. But an enjoyable movie.
Gone. Rubbish. Woman looked liked she was on the verge of an epileptic episode all throughout.
I think Lockout takes almost the same plot as Pandorum. My rating for the movie is between 3 to 4 which is below average. However, I like the video quality - crystal clear and good audio synchronizing.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 05, 2012
Jason's Lyric ...... One of my favorite movies
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
Hancock(2009).6/10 rating.

Will Smith did a good job but could have done better by beefing up his muscles. And, my African queen, Charliz Therron, really impressed me. For total, I give it a bit above average rating
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by dastudent(m): 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2012
The Amazing Spiderman was pleasant to watch.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
Fracture
Dog day afternoon
Donnie Brasco
Machine gun preacher
From Prada to Nada
Just like stars on earth
The dilenma
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
Get The Gringo. 5/10 rating.

Mel Gibson on his usual close-to-the-people movie. There is something I really like about Mel Gibson movies, he makes sure his works are close to the right sources as possible.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 09, 2012
Hugo
Drive
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2012
Red Riding Hood ~ Didn't enjoy it but it wasn't like so terrible. That woman is a crappy actress. Same expressions in all her movies.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2012
iice: Red Riding Hood ~ Didn't enjoy it but it wasn't like so terrible. That woman is a crappy actress. Same expressions in all her movies.
You mean Amanda Seyfried?! She's damn too sexy for such a Werewolf movie. I think she did a great job,though, the movie is a bit boring in some scenes.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
Yes her. Same expressions. I think her breakout role has been her best so far (what was it? Confessions of a drama queen or something like that). As for too sexy for the movie, i wouldn't know. Not many of them actresses are good for anything besides eye candy, so maybe in the end she fits right into the movie. Considering this movie is right up my genre and after seeing it, it is almost irritating.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by teeluv(m): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2012
@ iice where have u been hiding or na me dey hide?..

@ topic wrath of the titans.. not impressed.. sam just dey fall my hand anyhow.
wanderlust.. proper rubbish.. pls can someone tell jennifer to stop acting oooo na by force.
good deeds.. nice storyline didnt like the ending though but typical tyler perry story
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 13, 2012
Children Of Men.6/10 rating.

I haven't seen any interesting Brit movie for years. This one was a story well told. The Brits have my thumb-up for this one.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by CutePinokio(m): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2012
Amazing Spiderman was the last I watched in the theatres. The 3D was totally awesome and I enjoyed it very much.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2012
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 10/10

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by vescucci(m): 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2012
Chronicle.

It lazed around for a pretty long time but became awesome in the last fifteen minutes. Fantastic effects. Shoulda seen it ages ago

Amadeus. I kinda loved Murray's performance as lead character (who wasn't Amadeus, the mind boggles). Sublime, subtle and delicate acting attributable to Ralph Fiennes. Tom Hulce (who played Amadeus) probably did everything right but that portrayal of Amadeus is something I don't want etched in my mind as I'm a serious fan.

Haven't been watching movies much. Just downloading the things
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 14, 2012
Free Style. 5/10 rating.

A family movie centers around a young man trying to make ends meet. He has to win a motorcycle race to earn a place in the professional he couldn't win yet turns out to be the best rider which the organizer wanted.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man 2012 was pretty good

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Brite02(m): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
mama mia

lovely movie, never a dull moment 4 those who knows grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by joanana(f): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2012

Related Cartoon:
Prequel: Avatar: The last airbender
Information:
Alternative Titles: N/A
Type: Cartoon, ? episodes
Year: N/A
Age rating: N/A
Summary:
Taking place 70 years after the events of “Avatar: The Last Airbender,” this story follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenage girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern “Avatar” world, Republic City – a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang’s son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by mrkels(m): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2012
KILL THE IRISH-MAN...Almost cried when I saw this movie
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
mrkels: KILL THE IRISH-MAN...Almost cried when I saw this movie
That movie is based on true life story. The intense car bombing and tragic death of the protagonist makes it worth watching - knowing that an aggressive generation doesn't benefit any society at the end.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 12:49am On Jul 22, 2012
The Last House on the left....was good very good

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
Since Nairaland is no longer working on chrome I have been absent!

[size=14pt]Dark Knight Rises:[/size]

I am writing this review after watching The Dark Knight Rises but I have now also read some other reviews and hence I will address some points raised by these people, you know yourselves.
DKR is an ambitious movie that takes all the themes from BB and DK and attempts to bring them to its conclusion.
Does it succeed? Yes after a fashion.
The film starts 8 years after DK and we are told that basically that is the last time Batman had been seen, Gotham has used the “heroic” actions of Harvey Dent to put through some act called the Dent act which has allowed them to deal with the scum of Gotham.
Gotham is healing, it is peace time but Gordan is chafing under the realisation that it is all based on a lie and that Dent did fall to the corruption that is Gotham and did not “rise” above it as they have made Gotham believe.
Bruce is shown as a recluse with both physical and it seems spiritual damage from his tenure as the Bat. Funny point here: Nolan actually addressed the issue raised by many a nerd of the impact of all those rooftop swinging, fighting and physical damage to a human’s body. He addressed it but then proceeded to ignore that totally in the rest of the film culminating in a “recovery/rise” sequence later on that is plainly comicy.
In this peace time Gotham we are introduced to two new characters, Selina Kyle and Officer Blake.
Let me deal with Selina first. She was Catwoman but in this version she seemed to be doing this with less joy and mainly because she was being forced to by circumstance, hinting that she was in the hock to someone and that she wanted some mythical program to wipe her online data/history. I found her motivations to be total hogwash and it just did not resonate with me.
I must say that she made a pretty hot Catwoman and I was surprised by this as I met her during the filming of this movie and did not think she was that hot but onscreen she definitely was.
This Catwoman was skilled but I wanted more of a physical side to her but Nolan once again kept this “real” so for me there was not a scene that I considered bad ass with her in it but there were scenes where you see she is competent and can take care of herself.
Officer Blake, where do I start with you? I think firstly that he was one of the more if not pivotal characters on the side of the angels. I liked him and enjoyed almost all of his scenes even if some of them were not believable but that is simply the script and not the actor.
Let us get one thing out of the way Officer Blake is Chris Nolan’s version of Robin. I have no problem with Levitt as Robin and think he would make a great one but here is one of the things that grate on me the most. Why oh why could he not have been made one of the many Robins? Why did we have to have a “new” Robin?
To people who read the comics and know about the various incarnations’ of Robin, Blake screamed Jason Todd to me throughout, there was one hint of Tim Drake in him and his job as a Gotham Police Officer can be called a hint of Grayson but overall I believe this was Jason Todd. Then why not call him that! A small issue but bugged me because I am a fan of the comics.
Anyway to this peacetime Gotham comes Bane a member of the league of assassins we all remember from BB, Tom Hardy as Bane was very imposing and oozed menace and intelligence throughout, well almost throughout. At one point near the end when a character revealed herself to be more than was let on Bane seemed to revert to the Bane from Batman and Robin!
Another digression, I hated the way this film made some of the speeches hard to follow! I had to strain to listen when Bane was speaking and I did not always get all of his speeches, for an anal retentive like me that is torture. Nolan, that is unforgiveable!
Bane’s motivation was to finish the work of Ra Al Ghul from the first movie but seemed to also want to continue the psychological games that Joker started in DK.
Through a series of coincidences and plot hail Mary’s we see Batman don the cowl again and Battle against the plot of Bane.
Without giving too much more away and because this review is turning into a textbook suffice to say that Batman is defeated and broken.
The Rise in the title is mainly about how he comes back from being broken and reclaims Gotham from Bane with help along the way from Selina, Blake and Gordon.
Overall I will say that Nolan has produced a good movie and will give it a score of[b] 7/10[/b]

Having said that I cannot help but point out the reasons and areas that the film dropped the ball on, some of these points are picked up on from some of the raging online discussions:
• The Rise from the pit WAS too easy
• The journey from broken man to resurgent Bat jarred with the “Nolan” Reality
• The Cops vs Bane goons scene was laughable
• Blake’s big deduction was silly and more suited to an Oprah episode
• I found Michael Caine’s acting over the top, and the grave scene was bordering bad acting! I know I have committed sacrilege by saying this of MC but I can’t help it.
• Bat’s 8 year absence and reclusion did not really make sense to me
• I wanted Talia to be more hardcore and display more assassin style skills. Minor gripe
• Batman was not in this film very much
• The bomb over the bay scenario felt off to me
• The reaction of the country and Gotham to Bane’s games

And too balance it out the good in this movie:
• Levitt as Officer Blake was golden
• Oldman was golden as usual
• I liked the Batplane
• I liked Catwoman
• Crane making another cameo
• Tom Hardy gave a bravura performance

In summary Dark Knight Rises is a good movie that reaches for the sky but it’s one fatal flaw is that in trying to make Batman realistic Nolan wrote himself into a corner he at times struggled to get himself out of.

A good end to the best Batman Trilogy, now can we have the next Batman set plainly in the world where Superman, Green Lantern and other superheroes exist, Thank You DC.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by vescucci(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
Great review. I almost feel like reviewing the review and giving it a 95%. The best part of it is that it is not a spoiler. I'm gonna see it this week along with Spiderman, the amazing.

On a side note and in defence of The Dark Knight Rises, a true trilogy is a very difficult project. To me, a trilogy is not just series of three back to back films. It should be there films, that has events reasonably spaced out over years and (most importantly) then ends. The Lord of the Rings, what is probably the best 'trilogy' is really just a ten hour long film broken into three for convenience. The Godfather is a bonafide trilogy. The Matrix is another, even though the quality faded. The Nolan take on Batman is now gonna be one of the best trilogies in my book, surely.

I watched Snow White and The Huntsman. Inasmuch as everybody delivered B-class acting, I liked some of the effects and that fairy hood. It wasn't an absolute waste of time. By the way, put a mask of Kirsten Stewart on any girl and pay a fraction of the fee. No one would ever know
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by oladee9: 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
Just watched a special invitation only preview of the award winning film ‘Tango with Me’ starring Genevieve Nnaji and Joseph Benjamin it has been re-edited and a new trailer produced ahead of its 24th August, 2012 release across UK cinemas. This film is set to break records people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FzZFyB_VWs

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (Reply)

Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video) / Fztvseries Is Back! / BBNAIJA: Mercy Exposed Her Boobs & Nipples On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.