Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) (71086 Views)

Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? / Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics / Goat In Yobe Gives Birth To 'Human-Like' Creature (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
A sea creature described as "the most beautiful killer in the ocean" because of its dazzling blue colour and potentially-fatal sting has washed up on an African beach.

The Glaucus atlanticus, commonly known as the blue dragons, were found on Fish Hoek Beach near Cape Town in South Africa by a local woman who was out for a walk.

The sea slug feeds on the deadly Portuguese man o’ war and other venomous marine animals.

It then absorbs the stinging cells from its food and stores them in concentrated doses, which gives it a far more potent sting than its prey.
Typical symptoms of the blue dragon’s sting include nausea, pain, vomiting and acute allergic contact dermatitis.

Maria Wagener, who found the creatures, often helps beached starfish back into the water but had a lucky escape this time when instinct told her to keep her distance.

"I've never seen them before and I've lived near this beach for most of my life," she said.

"They're a bit like a sea scorpion. They are small, about an inch in length. They're blue on the top and white underneath.

"It wasn't difficult to spot them on the white sand."

She continued: "I pick up starfish all the time and put them back into the sea but I had a feeling that these would have a sting.

"I probably would have put them back in the sea if I'd had something to lift them. "So no, I didn't touch them!"

Mrs Wagener estimates that she found 20 on the beach but says there "could have been more".

And if there was any doubt as to whether the creatures had been ingesting venom from their prey, the grandmother found the evidence right down the beach.

"There were also a variety of other species of sea life," she said. "There were little blue crabs, Portuguese men o' war, and blue shells called Janthina Janthina."

Luckily, the blue dragons probably didn't need Maria's help.

She said: "They were still very much alive when I saw them. The tide would have taken them back to the sea."
Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/dragon-like-sea-creature-known-23073223

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Righteousness89(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
Something Maasive is about to Happen!
All over the World,the Creatures in the sea are reacting,
Mountains are Collapsing..
Earthquakes, Tornadoes, Volcanoes Hitting from Nation to Nation
Infrastructures and Economies are collapsing..
Bible Prophecies are being fulfilled like never before..
The World as a Whole is in Confusion!
We are Seasons of the RAPTURE!
JESUS is at the Door!
The Only Safe zone is to be Firmly Seated and Rooted in JESUS Christ..
Ensure you are RAPTURE Ready at All times and seasons!

Very Much Thanks and Appreciation for all the Prayers and Great wishes on My Birthday and Wedding Anniversary!
I really Appreciate Everyone who sent in Words..
I Believe I will meet u all very Soon in the Sky to Part no more!

GOD BLESS U ALL

243 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Or11: 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hmm
Oya Pastor pray for me before I cast you for booking space

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by MickzyDonald: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
That's nice, it's not everything you help, God saved her sha, or else she would have been dancing Gbese as at now grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by tillaman(m): 9:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
Make them no swim go Ilaje Area of Nigeria
They should just maintain their local champion around that SA shore like that

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Makavelli25: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
Animals on land are reacting
Mountains are Collapsing..
Infrastructures are collapsing..
Economies are collapsing
Human are in anxiety and uncertainties
Bible Prophecies are being fulfilled like never before..
The World as a Whole is in Confusion!
We are Seasons of the RAPTURE!
JESUS is at the Door!
The Only Safe zone is to be Firmly Seated and Rooted in JESUS Christ..

seriously
You typed this. You need help man

ASAP

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2020

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by DenreleDave(m): 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
undecided
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by austine4real(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
Space booked

Will come back tomorrow to check it

2 Likes

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by theFilmtric: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
theFilmtricsay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by longetivity(m): 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
God is Great,there are still so many beautiful creatures we haven't know of their existence

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Canih28: 11:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
Mountains are Collapsing..............

GOD H*TES U ALL
Know your history and stop wiping J*sus's arse

12 Likes

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by iamyemiakins(m): 9:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Nínú Ayé

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by sammysmiles(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
I was expecting to see Leviathan in the book of job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by visijo(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
My friend has been forcing me to marry ,so that he can take advantage of my wife while am away ,Since I hate arguing I married his sister

I serve the living God. Wisdom

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Hamman1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
Beautiful creature.
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by DragonFire442: 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
Dragons are notably deadly. Like me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by janedonez(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
God is great

1 Like

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Kelblaq(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
shocked
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Brandonx(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2020
What a beauty to behold
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Oxtonguy: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
M

1 Like

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Amkanta02(m): 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ok next
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Pearly255(f): 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by kambili999(f): 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
:oFather lord
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by ALADD(m): 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
H
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by faithfull18(f): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hmmn.
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by IJOBA2: 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
Yemmylimaa:
Interesting
LALASTICLALA WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING ABOUT THESE SPAMMERS angry
Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Kingluqman(m): 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
Na most beautiful pepper soup e go be for 9ja grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by Passionate888: 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2020
Sea food pepper soup

Re: 'Most Beautiful Killer': Dragon-like Sea Creature (Pictures) by log10base(m): 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2020
Makavelli25:
seriously
You typed this. You need help man

ASAP
we all need help

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Python Swallows Dog In Flooded Amassoma In Bayelsa. Photos / Elephant Shrew Rediscovered In Djibouti Africa After Missing For 50 Years (Pics) / For Atm Users, See The 20 Most Guessed Atm Pin Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.