Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update (3115 Views)

ASUU, FG Meeting Inconclusive, Adjourned / FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn / ASUU UPDATE—ASUU And FG Meets An Agreement _see Call Off Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Gammfreak(m): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has shifted ground on FG's offer.

The Union insisted that payment of outstanding salaries must not be done through IPPIS platform as promised, if strike would be suspended.

ASUU has already agreed to accept FG offer only if they will be exempted from IPSIS. Meeting is still ongoing.

More details below:

ASUU finally agrees to call off strike as FG proposes 70Billion.

More details will still come.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by giddy2019(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
OgA source oo lemme know Weda to go and sleep or wait for 10pm
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by SirWarlock: 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
You're in the meeting abi grin

3 Likes

Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by kingGerman1: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
Boss u dey the meeting
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
The headline get K-LEG

1 Like

Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Honduras01: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
Gammfreak:
There is positivity in the meeting now. But each party is giving its own terms. Await the good news by 10pm

source?
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Abeg I no understand your headline
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by seunlayi(m): 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by seunlayi(m): 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
FG is the perfect recanation of Diego Maradona

1 Like

Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by caylakays: 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2020
Let them not leave there till they call off the strike
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Phillyboi(m): 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
Gammfreak:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has shifted ground on FG's offer.

The Union insisted that payment of outstanding salaries must not be done through IPPIS platform as promised, if strike would be suspended.

ASUU has already agreed to accept FG offer only if they will be exempted from IPSIS. Meeting is still ongoing.

Wait for more details
I thought FG had already agreed to pay them through the old payment platform? Was that one of the offers FG brought up last week?

1 Like

Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by oritz007(m): 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
giddy2019:
OgA source oo
lemme know Weda to go and sleep or wait for 10pm
abeg ask oo
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by oritz007(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
Gammfreak:

Wait for more details
abeg no come dy blow blow our head here oo, you dy inside the meeting hall ni
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Thesole(m): 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Why should education on tertiary institution be on hold for 8 months ? What is these country turning to? Even ghana are not behaving like this. Buhari is complete failure, all this kind of leadership buhari is doing is arewa type leadership, arewa don't like school at all so never expect them to take education seriously. The only thing they do best is to do drugs, their children are always doing cocaine, i know them, most of them are in my school, they were deported that's why they are schooling in nigeria.
Nature is in control you can never do anything in this world without consequences. When i become a leader, any Bleep up na death get u . I hate nigeria government. They Don't know anything at all. All these waste of time because of money. God have mercy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by caylakays: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
oritz007:
abeg no come dy blow blow our head here oo, you dy inside the meeting hall ni

The news is confirmed. Have verified it
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Tony142: 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
Thesole:
Why should education on tertiary institution be on hold for 8 months ? What is these country turning to? Even ghana are not behaving like this. Buhari is complete failure, all this kind of leadership buhari is doing is arewa type leadership, arewa don't like school at all so never expect them to take education seriously. The only thing they do best is to do drugs, their children are always doing cocaine, i know them, most of them are in my school, they were deported that's why they are schooling in nigeria.
Nature is in control you can never do anything in this world without consequences. When i become a leader, any Bleep up na death get u . I hate nigeria government. They Don't know anything at all. All these waste of time because of money. God have mercy.

My mind

1 Like

Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by bahaushe1: 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
Phillyboi:
I thought FG had already agreed to pay them through the old payment platform? Was that one of the offers FG brought up last week?

The 'old platform' referred to is an improvised IPPIS.
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Nwadiuto247: 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
caylakays:
Let them not leave there till they call off the strike

Agreement can be reached today but strike will not be suspended until alert enters.

Government cannot be trusted.
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
Okay.
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by caylakays: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

Agreement can be reached today but strike will not be suspended until alert enters.

Government cannot be trusted.

I just pray they reach agreement first o
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Phillyboi(m): 11:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
bahaushe1:

The 'old platform' referred to is an improvised IPPIS.
News making the rounds right now is that ASUU has agreed to call off the strike.

You said earlier on that they wouldn't call it off until FG starts the implementation of some of the offers made . What changed this night?
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by SirWarlock: 11:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Phillyboi:
News making the rounds right now is that ASUU has agreed to call off the strike.

You said earlier on that they wouldn't call it off until FG starts the implementation of some of the offers made . What changed this night?
They haven't called it off actually. And yes they're still waiting for alert grin

1 Like

Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by bahaushe1: 5:40am On Nov 28, 2020
Phillyboi:

Nothing changed. Exactly what I said. Strike will not be called off on Friday but agreement could be reached.

Government MUST deliver on some of the promises before suspension.
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Phillyboi(m): 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
bahaushe1:

Nothing changed. Exactly what I said. Strike will not be called off on Friday but agreement could be reached.

Government MUST deliver on some of the promises before suspension.
OK . But apparently ASUU's meeting with FG next week would be to finalize terms and call off the strike , judging from reports(unconfirmed) . Does it mean FG has started some sort of implementation?
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by bahaushe1: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
Phillyboi:
OK . But apparently ASUU's meeting with FG next week would be to finalize terms and call off the strike , judging from reports(unconfirmed) . Does it mean FG has started some sort of implementation?

Nothing has so far been implemented. They may probably do something within the week.
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by Phillyboi(m): 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2020
bahaushe1:

Nothing has so far been implemented. They may probably do something within the week.
Alright . Maybe I'll quote you within the week to check for potential updates if it's ok by you .

Thank you
Re: Just In: FG meeting with ASUU update by bahaushe1: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
Phillyboi:
Alright . Maybe I'll quote you within the week to check for potential updates if it's ok by you .

Thank you

You are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Waec Gce Registration Details / LAUTECH Student's Pen!s Chopped Off As Cultists Clash On Campus / ASUU Fumes As Buhari Donates $1 Million To Taliban While Nigerian Students Langu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.