Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,098 members, 7,849,429 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) (30266 Views)

Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha / Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) / Tanker Explodes At Old Ife Road Ibadan, Destroying Lots Of Properties (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Ten06(m): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2020
This guys did not understand the implications of welding a fuel tank.
The last time I tried welding a fuel drum, mehn! It blew a long flame from the mouth and bath the very youngest apprentice in the workshop with fire, and the boy immediately change color to carbon black.
It took the boy a while to recover in the hospital

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by NaijaCover(m): 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2020
Igberetv take it easy with the bad news na
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by GavelSlam: 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
creolehunt:

You're truly a disgusting creature. Every single thing is an opportunity to throw lame tribal jabs. Get a life already.

But he's not lying.

Goose , Gander.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by dannyspeejay(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2020
200 yards,no be here ooo

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Dollanaira: 10:58pm On Nov 28, 2020
Really
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Tickles001(m): 11:00pm On Nov 28, 2020
All of a sudden the tanker exploded and threw the welder two hundred metres away from the truck leaving him unconscious," he said.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don't think the reporter actually meant to say 200metres.
That distance seems too far in my mind.

If the explosion had such power. It would have damaged a lots of nearby structures and claimed lives in scores.

What do I know sef
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Codedlyon: 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2020
Maybe there was fuel in the tanker. Some job requires full precaution.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by kelvindj98: 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
Righteousness89:
What a world! Condolences!

The young man must have left his home today, with no inkling that his time on Earth was ending today!
He Probably must have had things planned out for this night and the Weekend!

In all your Doings here in Earth, Make the Matter of Eternity Paramount!
No one knows what the day will be his/ her last!
Heaven is Real! Hell is Real
See yourself, lunatic. All u do is probe nairaland for news of people dying to type all your biblical jargons.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Femeto: 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2020
That tanker was not empty.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
No safety culture or procedure with these artisans. Fuel tank dey, you light fire. Wetin you expect? Fireworks?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2020
We are too dumb I'm Africa....was he thinking there's no drop of fuel in that big closed cylinder?
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 12:11am On Nov 29, 2020
So many, accidents, deaths, Kidnapping and hardship...but the God we serve no go shame us.
Rip bro.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by deavicky(m): 12:30am On Nov 29, 2020
The smell of petrol in a tank during welding, is worse than having the tank filled we petrol.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Originalsly: 12:44am On Nov 29, 2020
Kinda sick... but I laughed when I read the headline! That tank was most likely empty... or the whole truck and surroundings would be destroyed. One is not even allowed to use a phone while filling gas.... this one is on top a fuel tank welding! Too many people don't consider petrol carries vapour and the slightest spark will ignite the vapour. I don't know the procedure... but I'm sure you don't drain the last drop of petrol from a tank then begin to weld.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by clockwisereport: 12:50am On Nov 29, 2020
Joeboy12:
hmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4dQvFufO7c

I love this song. Na u sing am?
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
What a world! Condolences!

The young man must have left his home today, with no inkling that his time on Earth was ending today!
He Probably must have had things planned out for this night and the Weekend!

In all your Doings here in Earth, Make the Matter of Eternity Paramount!
No one knows what the day will be his/ her last!
Heaven is Real! Hell is Real

He left home without his brain,.like you do everyday when you pop up here and start preaching nonsense
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Funflipper: 1:40am On Nov 29, 2020
Omihanifa:
Am sure the welder didn't know that what he was doing is something similar to a game of Russian roulette undecided rip to him anyways

No matter how empty a functional petrol tanker is, small fuel go still remain inside the tank. Either in form of liquid or gas

He is in no way qualified to even put a tack on that tanker otherwise he would have known that the first thing to to do was to purge the tank with inert gas to avoid the resultant effect (EXPLOSION).

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Funflipper: 1:46am On Nov 29, 2020
Originalsly:
Kinda sick... but I laughed when I read the headline! That tank was most likely empty... or the whole truck and surroundings would be destroyed. One is not even allowed to use a phone while filling gas.... this one is on top a fuel tank welding! Too many people don't consider petrol carries vapour and the slightest spark will ignite the vapour. I don't know the procedure... but I'm sure you don't drain the last drop of petrol from a tank then begin to weld.

You have to purge it first by introducing an inert gas like Carbon dioxide before welding.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Originalsly: 1:53am On Nov 29, 2020
Funflipper:

You have to purge it first by introducing an inert gas like Carbon dioxide before welding.

Hmmm.... ok..... I can see the sense in that!
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Oludara202: 2:21am On Nov 29, 2020
mysteryman2014:
Sad but this avoidable death if normal process for welding gas or diesel tank had been followed.

We should all learn to follow all standard HSE processes.

You could drop the note
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by ostarlink: 3:57am On Nov 29, 2020
It might be a petrol tanker. If such tank is left under the Sun for a long time, the leftover fuel inside will turn to gas.Since it was covered, there was no escape route and the pressure built up within. The welder in an attempt to weld created a space for the already highly pressured gas to escape. The pressure threw him off. It is also likely as a result of heat energy released due to combustion of the gas as it was ignited in the course of the welding. He might have died of gas explosion.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 4:23am On Nov 29, 2020
RIP. Condolences
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by micflo28(m): 4:53am On Nov 29, 2020
See the old trucks used in hauling fuels in Nigeria. It's a shame.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 5:06am On Nov 29, 2020
He just off’d himself for no damn good reason.

He was on a suicide mission.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by olapitan83789: 5:08am On Nov 29, 2020
200 yards,no be here ooo
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 5:08am On Nov 29, 2020
micflo28:
See the old trucks used in hauling fuels in Nigeria. It's a shame.

That’s actually one of the better ones. That’s a relatively modern Mack truck. You should see some of the geriatric trucks pulling out of NNPC plant in Apata.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Greenback: 5:13am On Nov 29, 2020
Simplyleo:
RIP to the welder. He died while legally searching for the upkeep of his family.

Btw, I'm just imagining the comments that would have started emanating from miscreants if this were to happen in the North.

Things like, Abokki will always be Abboki, and some funny foolish comments.

Infact,truly,based on what you said about,they will always be grin
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Hausa(m): 5:15am On Nov 29, 2020
ostarlink:
It might be a petrol tanker. If such tank is left under the Sun for a long time, the leftover fuel inside will turn to gas.Since it was covered, there was no escape route and the pressure built up within. The welder in an attempt to weld created a space for the already highly pressured gas to escape. The pressure threw him off. It is also likely as a result of heat energy released due to combustion of the gas as it was ignited in the course of the welding. He might have died of gas explosion.
Nice insight.
What would've been a good recommendation?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 5:40am On Nov 29, 2020
Olasco789:
GOD no go let us collect work wey go kill us too

RIP

Why collect work you have no experience in
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by vickydevoka(m): 5:47am On Nov 29, 2020
Ten06:
This guys did not understand the implications of welding a fuel tank.
The last time I tried welding a fuel drum, mehn! It blew a long flame from the mouth and bath the very youngest apprentice in the workshop with fire, and the boy immediately change color to carbon black.
It took the boy a while to recover in the hospital
Those welders are complete illiterate n de like sharp Sharp money.
People always forget dat life has no duplicate, if u die no more coming back.
The have Procedures of welding a fuel thank in order to prevent any form of explosion.
Fuel is a volatile substance. B4 u carry out any any welding activity on any fuel tank, make ure u empty all de fuel in de tank. After that open de fuel de to allow it to dry up completely since it's volatile.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by vickydevoka(m): 5:54am On Nov 29, 2020
binghammer:
No safety culture or procedure with these artisans. Fuel tank dey, you light fire. Wetin you expect? Fireworks?
Lol. fire works

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moment A Heavy Duty Truck Fell On A Bad Nigerian Highway (pics/video) / Turbulence During A Local Flight Turned Almost Everyone Into Prayer Warrior(vid) / Naija Man Goes To Rio De Janeiro, Brazil! (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.