Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,132 members, 7,849,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) (30269 Views)

Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha / Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) / Tanker Explodes At Old Ife Road Ibadan, Destroying Lots Of Properties (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by vickydevoka(m): 5:56am On Nov 29, 2020
Niyeal:

U stole my FTC
That man na staff for nairaland o
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by iamjavadem(m): 6:35am On Nov 29, 2020
Explosion threw him 200 meters!!!! Haba!!! What kind of journalism is this.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 29, 2020
They re looking for money, its Xmas time. Souls must be exchanged.
Was teaching geography to my niece
North mines minerals
West mines skulls
south extracts crude oil
east mines souls
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Angrymode: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2020
The way Nigerians take precautions for granted ehn! This unfortunate death is largely due to ignorace or lack of adhering to cautions. RIP to the dead.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by litaninja(m): 7:22am On Nov 29, 2020
Or maybe take safety precautions seriously. Nigeria is one of the few countries in the world where you'd see any form of welding going on by the roadside. These are regulated trade skills and for very good reason.

quentin06:
They re looking for money, its Xmas time.
Souls must be exchanged.

Was teaching geography to my niece

North mines minerals

West mines skulls

south extracts crude oil

east mines souls
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Gesman: 7:25am On Nov 29, 2020
Mber month explosion and accident are the order of the day

*NOW IN MY ACTIVITY TODAY* I realised some of us want to Just make money in simple ways through a simple system without stress of referring.

Some of us don't even want millions we just want urgent 2k some times and little money to take care of urgent needs.

Well I HAve a platform I am into that i am doing right now. Lecture starts there on Monday... ��

https:///BIt8nOyWktQD9pJbnd5KYz
*ITS trending now and its paying*
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 29, 2020
Omihanifa:
Am sure the welder didn't know that what he was doing is something similar to a game of Russian roulette undecided rip to him anyways

No matter how empty a functional petrol tanker is, small fuel go still remain inside the tank. Either in form of liquid or gas

He's untrained that's why he has had himself killed. A simple Nitrogen purge of the tanker and all this stories that touch would not have happened

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by WASLAM: 7:43am On Nov 29, 2020
In every field, organisation we need to incorporate OHS into our system even if it just the basic

And the most annoying part is our government is suppose to investigate this incident to know the root cause, put recommendations in place to prevent reoccurrence but no they will not

It's only to go to big organisations and collect money for not practicing and complying with OHS policy
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by colestephan86: 7:50am On Nov 29, 2020
Simplyleo:
RIP to the welder. He died while legally searching for the upkeep of his family.

Btw, I'm just imagining the comments that would have started emanating from miscreants if this were to happen in the North.

Things like, Abokki will always be Abboki, and some funny foolish comments.
Oh no, he died cos he was stupid not to know that you don't try to weld a pressure vessel most especially the one carrying petrol.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by colestephan86: 7:53am On Nov 29, 2020
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1373405/welder-killed-fuel-tanker-explodes-mechanic-workshop-anambra-graphic/
"Those who take precautions, suffer less.
I am a welder too, but you know being knowledgeable doesn't mean you doing same thing over and over again.
You might be doing the same thing over and over in a wrong way.
He died cos he was stupid.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Jasy(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2020
Are you really this frustrated?? Smh for you cry

Simplyleo:
RIP to the welder. He died while legally searching for the upkeep of his family.

Btw, I'm just imagining the comments that would have started emanating from miscreants if this were to happen in the North.

Things like, Abokki will always be Abboki, and some funny foolish comments.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by poiZon: 9:31am On Nov 29, 2020
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1373405/welder-killed-fuel-tanker-explodes-mechanic-workshop-anambra-graphic/
Am imagining the kind noise the guy go take enter either heaven or hell...
Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by ghettochild4u(m): 9:45am On Nov 29, 2020
Ignorance.. When welding tankers.. They mk sure they neutralize the fuel deposit with lots of soap water
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by stanisbaratheon: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2020
That tank is obviously pressurized even when there was no petrol in it.

It's a sad one.

The need for risk assessment is key.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by stankezzy: 11:57am On Nov 29, 2020
most people take some regulations for granted ,
cooking gas tankers are best off loaded at night or early morning, to avoid explosions.
welding tankers even if empty should be washed with water and left open before welding,
d liquid gas that exploded at Anambra some years back, d driver wanted to offload and go for another turn, thinking that waiting for morning or mid night is a waste of time, resulting in explosion
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
tchaik:
Seems you don't know this fellow.

The guy dey ment, christian version of BH; a bleeding extremist.

Nothing extreme about the Gospel. It may seem opportunistic to preach at folks when death is the issue, but the opportunity to repent exists only for the living. The rationale is that people may be sober minded at the house of death, and this is why funeral services are often used to remind the living to amend their ways., and live life in such a way as to be rewarded in eternity.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Adeyeyeaki(m): 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2020
This is a typical confined space type of work and it is one of the most delicate job to rush to do without considering safety. Safety can not be over emphasized. I think it is high time we imbibed safety culture into all our artisans for day one at work because many of them see safety as waste of time.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by mechanics(m): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
While will he be welding when fuel was inside the tank.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by themanderon: 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
The rapid expansion of gasses from the heat of the welding process caused this.
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by mysteryman2014: 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Debangis20(m): 8:19am On Feb 07, 2023
Oh sorry!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moment A Heavy Duty Truck Fell On A Bad Nigerian Highway (pics/video) / Turbulence During A Local Flight Turned Almost Everyone Into Prayer Warrior(vid) / Reopening: Passengers Must Arrive Airports Three Hours Before Flights - FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.