Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

How Do I Raise Day Old Layers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Raise Day Old Layers (270 Views)

Please Help, How Can I Raise An Orphan Baby Goat / See The Current Price Of Day Old Turkeys. / Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Raise Day Old Layers by Aimuakeyz: 9:13am On Nov 30, 2020
Good morning, I just finished my youth service and I intend to go into egg production. I consulted with a vet and he said I should start with point of lay but they quite expensive so, I was thinking of raising the day old birds myself.
Please what are the risk involved in raising day old layers. Thank you
Re: How Do I Raise Day Old Layers by Patented: 9:31am On Nov 30, 2020
If you buy day old remember that it will take about 26 weeks for them to start laying so have enough money down.

Point of lay has its own issues too, cos change of environment may affect the birds, you don't know if the buyer has been feeding them properly and you don't know what they have been through.

My advise is buy day old from a good source but make sure you have money to feed them for 20-30 weeks. Use good feed even if expensive. If you want to formulate then pls consult a professional.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Day Old Layers by Aimuakeyz: 9:43am On Nov 30, 2020
Patented:
If you buy day old remember that it will take about 26 weeks for them to start laying so have enough money down.

Point of lay has its own issues too, cos change of environment may affect the birds, you don't know if the buyer has been feeding them properly and you don't know what they have been through.

My advise is buy day old from a good source but make sure you have money to feed them for 20-30 weeks. Use good feed even if expensive. If you want to formulate then pls consult a professional.

Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

Used And New Tractors / 3 Months Old Broilers For Sale In Port Harcourt / Plantain And Banana Farming Opportunity For Free At Your Fingertips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.