Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,868 members, 7,810,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism (688 Views)

EFCC To Arraign John Demide and Sarah Ajibola For Rigging NBA Election / Jones Abiri Charged For Terrorism In Nigeria / EFCC To Arraign NFF Director For Diverting N3.4bn FIFA Fund (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism by mexabet(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
The Federal Government has filed terrorism charges against the leader of Aswani International Market in Lagos State, Chief Taoreed Farounbi, alias Baba Alado, and six others.

In the three counts filed before Justice Muslim Hassan of the Federal High Court in Lagos, Farounbi and his co-defendants were accused of conspiring and participating in acts of terrorism, leading to the killing of two men, Debo Olohunyo and Chibuzor Daniel, in the White Sand area of Isheri-Osun, Lagos State on March 19, this year.

The prosecution also alleged that the defendants unleashed mayhem, leading to the destruction of many properties in the area.

The prosecution said the defendants acted contrary to Section 1(2) (a) of the Terrorism Prevention Act 2011 as amended by Terrorism Prevention (Amendment) Act 2013.

Listed as Farounbi’s co-defendants are Alhaji Olusegun Akinde, alias Echo, Ayokunle Fakiyesi, Idowu Akinde, Musiliu Oladejo, Lekan Matthew, and Adeleke Akindeji.

The scheduled arraignment of the defendants was stalled on Monday as the prosecuting counsel for the state, A. K. Alilu, told the judge that save for the sixth defendant, Lekan Matthew, who was in court, the others had not been seen again after they were granted administrative bail.

The defence counsel, M.B. Jimoh-Akogun, assured the court that his clients had not absconded, saying the impression they had was that the case was fixed for December 16.

Following Jimoh-Akogun’s undertaking to accept service of the charge sheet on his clients, Justice Hassan ordered that the charge sheet be served on him, while he made an order remanding Matthew in correctional custody, pending the defendants’ arraignment on January 28, 2021.

https://www.flavision.com/crime/01/12/2020/fg-to-arraign-aswani-market-leader-others-for-terrorism/

Re: FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism by DryMouth: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2020
Yoruba pple and violence..

3 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism by olowo1995(m): 1:34pm On Dec 01, 2020
DryMouth:
u dey craze, u don't talk about it blooda ipob
Re: FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism by mexabet(m): 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2020
Tribalism has no place in this modern world. Stereotyping a people is too lame and myopic.

And by the way, I'm not a Yoruba, but telling you as it is! No punches pulled!!

DryMouth:

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism by DryMouth: 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
mexabet:
Tribalism has no place in this modern world. Stereotyping a people is too lame and myopic.

And by the way, I'm not a Yoruba, but telling you as it is! No punches pulled!!

I wish!!
But its already late as it has eaten deep into the lives of youth

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism by judetov2(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
Re: FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism by mexabet(m): 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
I'm aware that tribalism is deep-rooted in the Nigerian society. But those who do so are limiting themselves and they deprive themselves of benefiting from friendships with people of other tribes.

DryMouth:

I wish!!
But its already late as it has eaten deep into the lives of youth
Re: FG To Arraign Aswani Market Leader, Others For Terrorism by elmodee7(m): 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2020
DryMouth:

Flat headed osu outcast

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Man Who Left His Group Got Chased By Angry Thugs(30s Video) / Betway Issa Bloody Scam! / Tell My Dad I Tried My Best..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.