Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) (24998 Views)

Fuel Tanker Explodes On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / Tanker Explodes On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, Vehicles Got Burnt(Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by EdoFirstBorn(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2020
They have started their end of year rituals

Well done o
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by BabaO2: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
And to hear say na ogun state axis, eeeeh, Hmmmmmm, that incompetent governor/government, it will take forever to resolve unless Lagos team is drafted for resolution. The governor could seek help from laycon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by alphaRego01(m): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2020
De way Lagos Ibadon expressway like accident is similar to de way lai Mohammed like fake news
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by WrittyWritter(f): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
And dis is just getting to fp ...if it was one celebration matter it will have been here since smiley

Anyway..dat road eh..it is one of d roads dat u need to recite d Lord's prayer when using it smiley
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by Tt4tolu(f): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
Karlovich:
It seems these tanker drivers consume a lot of Ewedu, that's the only thing that can cause their vehicles to blow up. It's becoming much in Yorubaland
What has tribe got to do with this?
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2020
There are tank explosions and implosion. Implosion from inside the tank and explosion from outside the tank due to leakage.

The problem is most of these tankers drivers are illiterates, they need to be train well.

I am not a scientist but i noticed when i put fuel inside a can and seal it, it expands, if the pressure can not come out, the can implode from inside. This simple observation is also similar with fuel in a sealed tank.

When fuel is put into a tight tank and sealed, the fuel expands the tank because of pressure, if the tank is not properly fabricated, the pressure can make tank to expand and cause leakage, if not taken seriously might lead to explosion.

The best way to control this, is when the tanker are filling in their fuel into their tank, they should wait for about 30 to 40 minutes before sealing the tank. It will help evaporate every pressure or they should install fuel vent in their tank to allow the tank to breathe.This method will help prevent implosion and also they should avoid parking their tanks in public area or by the side of the road, a proper trailer pack should be made for all these tankers

1 Like

Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by Btruth: 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2020
YoonSung62:
The rate at which Tanks and Gas stations explode these days are alarming
the heatwave is contributing to it though. sad
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by ghettochild4u(m): 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
This bridge n otedola bridge ehn...
Hmmmn

1 Like

Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by ghettochild4u(m): 1:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
Since i been in SA, i have never heard or seen a tanker catch fire... Also their fuel trucks sometimes carry pikin join the back..
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by pickatyou2: 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
To many tank explosion happening within intervals these days .

This is something that needs to be looked into.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by minatamz123: 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
jesus christ
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by gwama2: 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
CRUDE OIL IS A SHAME FOR NAIJA. cool cool cool
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by gwama2: 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2020
pickatyou2:
To many tank explosion happening within intervals these days .

This is something that needs to be looked into.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature

It is due to the permanent let go in this country at all levels. Nigeria has a rich soil, a very rich subsoil, an exceptional flora and fauna, this country benefits from several types of climate, is it not a curse if the population suffers on several points? If the white man had invaded Nigeria like South Africa, Nigeria would be very far today.
cool cool cool
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
YoonSung62:

And all on the same bridge!
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by sojfarm: 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
End of the year things

Safety Agencies should double efforts on measures.
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by freeze001(f): 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
I hope these recurrent tanker and gas station explosions in Southern Nigeria are not low-key terrorist acts. It is just too much!
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by Kayw4re(m): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
Karlovich:
It seems these tanker drivers consume a lot of Ewedu, that's the only thing that can cause their vehicles to blow up. It's becoming much in Yorubaland

Lol. Bros what the correlation between ewedu and fire incident.

Well, i understand tribal wars and banters are a common thing on nairaland. Which I admit many of my tribesmen and women are active players.

But some of us aren't part of it. And I'm sure you are way smarter than this also.

I just want you to know that not all of us are ignorant and many of us love the ibos and people of other tribes and ethnic groups.

One love.
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by arsenal33: 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
Lukasi0:
Irresponsible government
government owns the tanker shey?
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by chloride6: 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
Wahala for who no dey live for Lekki ooh...

Lekki -Epe -Ijebu Ode -Ibadan
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by ORIAYO70(m): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2020
Mouth Gig:
WEAK INSTITUTIONS angry angry

If u r saying weak institution
Then you mean we have institution but weak....

Let me burst ur bubble
Naija no gt any institution....at all

CLOWNS FRSN angry
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by ikorodureporta: 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
Una sure say na accident... e don too much-o!
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by Greatzeus(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2020
Thank God it happened in the midnight when the road was empty. Imagine if it was in the day,why are many Nigerian tankers destiny killers?
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by wolebest: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
Carelessness and over speeding at road construction site along the express way.
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by igboamakaaa: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
You will wonder why it's only in southern Nigeria that tankers explode. Not even a single case in the north, while ironically the north has higher temperatures all year round. Think...my people think.
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by Davidski(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2020
I spent up to 6hours in Lagos from 7am to 1pm in hold up and am leaving Lagos today.

The hold up was so terrible.
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by Whoknowsme: 4:02pm On Dec 02, 2020
YoonSung62:
Hot season is the cause
Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by litaninja(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Well, at least you got one thing right. You are no scientist.

thebosstrevor1:
There are tank explosions and implosion. Implosion from inside the tank and explosion from outside the tank due to leakage.

The problem is most of these tankers drivers are illiterates, they need to be train well.

I am not a scientist but i noticed when i put fuel inside a can and seal it, it expands, if the pressure can not come out, the can implode from inside. This simple observation is also similar with fuel in a sealed tank.

When fuel is put into a tight tank and sealed, the fuel expands the tank because of pressure, if the tank is not properly fabricated, the pressure can make tank to expand and cause leakage, if not taken seriously might lead to explosion.

The best way to control this, is when the tanker are filling in their fuel into their tank, they should wait for about 30 to 40 minutes before sealing the tank. It will help evaporate every pressure or they should install fuel vent in their tank to allow the tank to breathe.This method will help prevent implosion and also they should avoid parking their tanks in public area or by the side of the road, a proper trailer pack should be made for all these tankers

Re: Tanker Explodes On Magboro Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
Whoknowsme:
Hot season is the cause

Explosions and implosion can happen in any season.

Go read boyle and Charles laws to understand why fuel tanks are exploding.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In France Calls The Police On His Fellow Nigerian (pics/video) / Bank With Fastest 'form A ' School Fees Payment / Dubai Banks Reportedly Closing Accounts Of Nigerian Politicians In The UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.