Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. (1340 Views)

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by Ewizard(m): 11:00am On Dec 02, 2020
Recall that the Apex Bank (CBN) issued a directive on May 3, 2020 suspending and restraining banks from laying off staffs in order to mitigate the impact of covid-19 on families and livelihood after Access Bank reportedly lay off over 3,000 staffs in April 2020.

(See attached CBN memo)

Access Bank which has maintained its No.1 spot on Negative Social media trends and hashtags including #BoycotAccessbank and Unfreeze #Endsars protesters account recently on the Twitter space has chosen to retain its No.1 spot in disrepute.

On November 28th, 2020, Access Bank allegedly dismiss over 300 staffs in south east alone (Abia and Anambra mostly affected) without any benefits or lay off package amidst recession and hardship orchestrated by covid-19 pandemic.

The dismissal was disguise as Poor Performance in Mystery shopping exercise without any viable proof of how these staffs failed in all parameters of service ratings. This was done inorder to deny them of thier benefit and avoid CBN sanctions.

The affected staffs were alleged to be mainly their experienced staffs who has giving 5-10yrs of their youthful energy in service to the bank and were unjustly treated in this manner. These staffs were recruited by [b]Work Force Group, ICSL, XL, VLA and C & I [/b]outsourcing firm and are seconded to Access Bank Plc as Tellers and Customer Care Officers.

It's no longer news that what this corporate entities does is to milk this staffs off their youthful energy and dump them after years of service without benefits and lay off packages.

While the remaining staffs are working with fear and uncertain about their fate on the job, the dismissed staffs deserves handsome benefits to go home with after their years of service as this staffs has families and dependants to cater for.

The modern trend of corporate entities using and dumping it's outsourced staffs without benefits needs close investigation and intervention by concerned Human Right bodies and Labour Authorities.

Mods, kindly move to FP.

Injustice to one is an injustice to all.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by Acekidc4(m): 11:00am On Dec 02, 2020
Access Bank is Falling Down The Drain Gradually..........How can you just Sack People at this Crucial Time......... it's too Bad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by Davash222(m): 11:02am On Dec 02, 2020
I wonder how a sane person will be banking with Access Bank. If we are transacting and you present Access bank account, I automatically start seeing you as a weirdo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by jom28gy(m): 11:03am On Dec 02, 2020
What is wrong with this bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by Ewizard(m): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2020
Davash222:
I wonder how a sane person will be banking with Access Bank. If we are transacting and you present Access bank account, I automatically start seeing you as a weirdo.

That one na bank? grin

So unfriendly and inhumane. Access Bank is the worst thing that happened to diamond bank customers.

U no fit even enter thier bank see TV at least mek u dey get update while waiting for your transactions.

Dispenser water for customers sef na problem.

Frustrated and unmotivated staffs with angry looking faces.

They only care about their charges and stamp duty.

How can you sack people without benefits guy?

See charge wey dem bill my guy, bro Kari all his money japa to anoda bank.
Almost 24k charge. shocked cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by kwasoly(m): 11:54am On Dec 02, 2020
Access Bank always at the wrong news headline.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by Ewizard(m): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2020
Acekidc4:
Access Bank is Falling Down The Drain Gradually..........How can you just Sack People at this Crucial Time......... it's too Bad

What do you expect from the capitalist that is only interested in their Profits. undecided

Employee slavery is so underrated and Un-Aired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by achiza: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
Access Bank how can you sack more than 300 staff for mystery shopping without evidence of a video to back up there alleged bad performance , this is wickedness and man s inhumanity to his fellow man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by Gentilityworld: 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
This is injustice to humanity, how can an institution called ACCESS BANK sack its staff tagging it poor performance from MS without no evidence,even after CBN gave the order no to sack more than 5 staff.How do you want this people to feel, those who gave their best to see that the bank move forward, coming to work from mondays to sundays and this is what they get in return.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by NkeiruAnn1987: 1:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
A bank that value profit more than human. laying off their staff without any evidence of a claimed mystery shopping report,no pay off no compensation. what we want is justice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by Ewizard(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
achiza:
Access Bank how can you sack more than 300 staff for mystery shopping without evidence of a video to back up there alleged bad performance , this is wickedness and man s inhumanity to his fellow man

Cc:
@1forall
@CrazyMan.

FP please.

Injustice to one is injustice to all.
Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by mywells: 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2020
Like 370 people have been throw into labour market.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by Ewizard(m): 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
mywells:
Like 370 people have been throw into labour market.

A Black Christmas for some families. sad

The guy on that protest video on twitter said he has worked for 11yrs and they ask him to go without any lay off benefit.

Baba say na 11k him Kari dey go house after 11 yes.
Omo. shocked

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by mywells: 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ewizard:

A Black Christmas for some families. sad

The guy on that protest video on twitter said he has worked for 11yrs and they ask him to go without any lay off benefit.

Baba say na 11k him Kari dey go house after 11 yes.
Omo. shocked
.11k for 11yrs of selfless services come sun come rain,shit of the highest order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by sagaciousity(m): 2:09am On Jan 03, 2021
Partake in these on going Airdrop and earn $1500= 10000 BITCNY

https:///BitCnyBot?start=r02483718740
Re: Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. by Brunicekid(m): 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2021
Gentilityworld:
This is injustice to humanity, how can an institution called ACCESS BANK sack its staff tagging it poor performance from MS without no evidence,even after CBN gave the order no to sack more than 5 staff.How do you want this people to feel, those who gave their best to see that the bank move forward, coming to work from mondays to sundays and this is what they get in return.
AS IN SO SO BAD!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Prince2 Or Pmp / Computer Engineering Or Communication Engineering Which One Is The Best / Where Is Seun Osewa!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.