Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,330 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? (32092 Views)

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? / What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Loveknitting: 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
Got so much to lose, when you cares,
family is overated,
expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed.

10 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Heineken(m): 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
johnhood:

I don stop dey believe them too for a while now
boss seriously I don join you..if person reason think well, e go see things.. I don graduate since fa bro, no joy. Make we forget as Nigeria be bro, if God dey e go touch everything and everywhere.
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
that's a beautiful one.
oba68351:
Never stop learning life
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
So sorry to hear that
vickydevoka:
Never lend what u can't afford to loose.

I lost my life savings dis year bcuz of a friend
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by BEEFIE: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Lemme park here. It's gonna be an interesting thread.

My own lesson is that, nothing is guaranteed in life.

One of my Neighbors rented a shop just attached to a police station, he sells clothes, shoes and other men's wears and the shop been attached to a police station usually give him peace of mind based on the security and of which its true. Who dem born well to near a police station shop say him wan burgle the shop.

EndSars protest came and the station was burnt down and his shop was looted too. The incident taught me a great lesson business wise.

Modified : Slow thinkers keeps mentioning me asking what lesson did I learnt. Lesson learnt is ALWAYS THINK "WHAT IF" AND PLAN A WAY OUT AHEAD.
ikotun
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
okay
DropsMic:
NEVER SAY NEVER
NEVER SAY NEVER

That thing you think you can never do on how situation of things change you gon find yourself doing it
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Emmy417: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
Learnt my greatest lesson this year...
Had 4 million naira in a fixed deposit account. I put that money in there sometimes last year. In case anything happens to my work. Didn't even see the corona coming!
Then that same last year, a new man was brought in as my HOD in the office. We became kind of close. He's old enough to be my father. He mentioned a business to me of supplying feldspar stone to one Chinese company. He told me how lucrative the business is. How he has a partner he's running it with. That he needs more fund. Like a million naira. He's gona be paying so so interest.
On my own, I calculated the interests he was willing to pay, it far outweighs what the bank was given me as interest for the fixed deposit.
Guess what?? Ur guess is right!!!
Had to liquidate a million naira from the fixed deposit. & so on & so forth. He was demanding for more funds from me. I was busy liquidating each time he demands. Trusted him. Held him in high esteem as my boss in the office. I ve put in around 3M plus. & interest I was supposed to get was around 400k plus.
Corona came. We stopped work cos of the lock down. My people, na so I see my self.. His partner he was running the business with, to get hold of him now is problem. This whole thing became a problem to me. I became depressed. Anytime I remember the money, still weighs me down. Swear!
In September, I needed 1.5M. Was a matter of life or death. Had to Mount him pressure he Neva expected. He had to borrow money to give me 1.5M. Now the rest money, I don't know the fate.
See me that was a millionaire as of last year,
Its well!! Life goes on though. I ve moved on. It was a risk I took. Cos we were planning in partnering together to expand the business. But then when the whole pandemic started, Chinese company closed. According to him. Saying they ve not paid till date.
That's what happens in life most times, you let people in, they destroy you..
I just felt he ruined my plans. Should I even say I regret meeting someone like him in my life. "Well pained" Life!!!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
Thats true.
blackslayer:
Never trust anyone and always trust my instincts. Only trust people when they have proven to be trustworthy.
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Nyanabo(m): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
Heineken:
boss things full my head. I dey perplex well. That's why I don't believe all those God, heaven and hell trash talk.. Joy no dey at all.

Life may seem too rough but never question the existence of GOD. He is there waiting for you to reach out to HIM first.

Most of us we still have the power of choice we still have control over our lives. Surrender completely to GOD and you would see your desired turn around.

God bless you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
beautiful
ElValiente:
my grandma told me that there 3 sides of every story. Your own my own and the truth. My dad taught me that there are 2 races in the world track race like those inter house sports back in the days who get there win all. But life’s race is different. If you can craw, walk, run, fly just make sure you’re moving cos someday you’ll get there.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by adedehinbo(m): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
People only tend to give the rightful respect when you re rich,but poor?even your siblings will see you as worthless

12 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by dollarsboss: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
Na who dey alive go eat meat wey big like elephant
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by urbobo20(m): 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
my sister , most of the guy's we looked down on while in school both secondary and poly are all big boyz now . but look at me my sister life no balance and ony GOD know tommorow

6 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SmartPolician: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
Loveknitting:
Got so much to lose, when you cares,
family is overated,
expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed.

It depends on the family

My family has played a pivotal role in what I am today

I cannot trade them for anything in the world

13 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
okay
seanwilliam:
I learn 5 lessons
1. Man is loved for what he can provide..
2. I can achieve anything
3. No unconditional love
4. Hear more talk less
5. Take decision without emotions
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Heineken(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2020
Nyanabo:

Life may seem too rough but never question the existence of GOD. He is there waiting for you to reach out to HIM first.

Most of us we still have the power of choice we still have control over our lives. Surrender completely to GOD and you would see your desired turn around.

God bless you.
reach out? I have tried o bro.. Poverty too much so tey hunger make me turn am to fasting still.. Tor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by bluefilm: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pobbleesher:
Due to some occurrences in the past year, I've made up my mind to be courageous no matter what happens or society I find myself.

So why didn't I see you on the road protesting, during the #EndSARS protest?

Or maybe I should take it that you made this decision so recently, huh? wink

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by ABCthingx: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
Seek wisdom. Be a better version of yourself.
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by samuelchimmy(m): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
It's not by the smartest, most hardworking or most Righteous. But opportunity come upon us, we got to act upon it when it comes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by millionboi2: 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
Nuttella:
I learnt that God's power is the greatest and the gift of God is without repentance and also that if God calls you to serve him, no matter what, one day you will wake up from darkness and answer the call.
huh
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by BiGVEEN58(m): 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
Rugaria:
Pretend you trust people BUT NEVER trust anyone! Including siblings, wife, friends and enemies..

Guy reduce your voice nah. This is one of those things that has kept me going for years.
Nah secret you dey leak like this.

15 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
vickydevoka:
Never lend what u can't afford to loose.

I lost my life savings dis year bcuz of a friend

Abeg tell us more jare
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by guy222: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
What i learnt in life is never look down on anyone, its takes 2 second for someone life to be transform, the guy that won 45 million naira 6years ago in bet9ja from benue, he was a very good friend of mine, he has nothing infact eating was a problem to him, he use to eat from hand to mouth, but today he is a fuccking millionaire, he has one of the biggest poutry farm in makurdi, but unfortunately he has dissappear, nobody know his wear about but i am greatful to God for what he did for him, never never ever look down on anyone.

14 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SpartanJ: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pobbleesher:
I was opportuned to work with people that were older than me. I was supposed to be their boss but due to how inferior I used to feel, I won't correct them whenever they do anything wrong.

I learnt my lesson after a younger guy got to the place and he was authoritative and his self-confidence is a higher rate compared to mine.

There is a simple method for fixing this.

Start a small business (any business) and employ people.....

Nobody will tell how to address older employees when things are not moving as you expect.

Always see where you work as your own personal business site - 100% ownership, what value are you adding to the business? You need to find more details about the leadership style that suits you. Your colleague surely acts like a Boss and not a leader..... Read more on leadership skills and styles.

Gracias...

4 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Nyanabo(m): 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
Emmy417, Sorry for your money. but i must say even though you lost part of you money, you you still got a valuable lesson. like wole soyinka said (b) "Take risk, if you win you would be happy, if you loose you would be wise" (\b)

6 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Samylekey(m): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
smiliyB:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
To the real recipient of the hug, I was just joking o
cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Dragonswave(m): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
[color=#000000][/color]
Nazgul:
Never depend on people but God and yourself.

Never trust anyone, most especially your friends.
smiley
Nazgul:
Never depend on people but God and yourself.

Never trust anyone, most especially your friends.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by omojesu202(m): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
Farki:
Whenever you're doing something or meeting someone you should always think "how will this benefit me?".

selfish mugu

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Emperor4tune(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
1.) work & archieve in silence
2.) stay humble
3.) trust no one (not even ur mum or wife)
4.) better to seek help from strangers than people you know
5.) if you can avoid keeping late night by all means
6.) dedicate your life to God & be prayerful
7.) money answers all things,strive & make money
8.) remember that one day you will die,so alway live as though live is temporary & you dont own it
9,) learn to feed & excercise well,health is wealth
10.) when you want to help anyone,dont expect anything in return & never loan anyone an amount of money you wont let go if they refuse to pay you back as promise

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Loveknitting: 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
SmartPolician:

It depends on the family

My family has played a pivotal role in what I am today

I cannot trade them for anything in the world

Seriously, you should be thankful for that.

Cause my are not just disfunctional, also broken with the worst mindset, a normal thinking person will be shock.
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by tasalanoni(m): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
I've had my fair share of life's experiences and in no particular order, the most important lessons are thus:
1 IF YOU CAN'T BE GOOD, JUST BE CAREFUL.
2.NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A WOMAN.
3. BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS WITH YOUR HEALTH. YOU CAN NEVER QUANTIFY ITS VALUES. IT'S YOUR MOST EXPENSIVE POSSESSION. YOUR VITALITY IN YOUTH DECIDES HOW STRONG OR FEEBLE YOUR HEALTH WOULD BE IN YOUR LATER YEARS OR EVEN YOUR OVERALL LONGEVITY.
4. HOWEVER EVIL YOU ARE, KEEP AN UNTAINTED REPUTATION AMONG SOME PEOPLE, THEY'LL SURELY CUSHION THE EFFECTS WHEN BULLETS START FLYING TO YOU.
5. A FISH DIES BY THE SAME MOUTH IT FEEDS WITH.
6. NEVER STOP SEEKING KNOWLEDGE.
7. WHATEVER YOUR CAREER LINE, FIRST SERVE A MASTER AND LEARN THE ROPES..
8. NEVER MAKE YOUR PARENTS REGRET BRINGING YOU TO THIS SIDE.. THEIR SORROW CAN BE DEEP.
9. AVOID INFIDELITY IN MARRIAGE OR DATING AT ALL COST. SEX IS AN ILLUSION.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by MissOpe(f): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
Lesson 1, don't get caught breaking the rules..

Lesson 2- think as you may, behave like others.

Lesson 3- Money answereth all things, make the fucking damn money..

Lesson 4- don't forget number 3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Regina Daniels Biography|regina Daniels History|regina Daniels Profile & Movies / See The Big Python Killed In Our Compound(photos) / Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.