Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,296 members, 7,954,179 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? (20578 Views)

Poll: Which Tribe?

Yoruba: 37% (86 votes)
Hausa: 0% (1 vote)
Igbo: 29% (68 votes)
Bini: 5% (12 votes)
Birom: 0% (0 votes)
Efik: 5% (13 votes)
Ishan: 3% (8 votes)
Ibibio: 2% (6 votes)
Idoma: 0% (2 votes)
Igala: 0% (1 vote)
lsekiri: 0% (2 votes)
Tiv: 5% (13 votes)
Urhobo : 5% (12 votes)
Fulani: 0% (0 votes)
Other: 3% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Which Tribe Bears Foreign Names The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2011
Hackney those butts look fake somehow. The lead girl in awilo`s carolina video is a better example and that`s what a good yoruba dancer would be like.
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by Nyman(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2011
So 60% voted for their own tribe and the rest according to butt movement? cheesy
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by livin: 5:36am On Mar 27, 2011
tiv for sure. altho they r not as popular. i"m not tiv
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by aribisala0(m): 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2011
please check the meaning of the word tribe in a dictionary yoruba are not a tribe
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by mummy3(f): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2011
sunch:

As i said, i grew up in the midst of the yorubas in Lagos. But when it comes to dance. Go check the Urhobo people out(men and women). Yoruba/efik/ibibio are just bums shakers.

I believe you dont know how Efik dance. you only know about ibibio and yoruba. Have you seen Ekpe and its group danced before? if yes that's how Efik dance. pls im not talking about Ekpo i meant Ekpe Efik Masquerade
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by freed(m): 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2012
igbo
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2012
Personal preference and choice = Niger delta.
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by toygod2: 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
N.D
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:00am On Dec 22, 2012
JUKUN!
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by tpiar: 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
onyx79:

on what basis do you compare cultural dances?

interesting question.
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by tpiar: 9:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ibime:
Why is Ijaw not on that list?

Abi OP dey smoke something?

The rest of una still dey dance on land, we don graduate. . . . na inside water we dey dance now!

link?
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ohhh!!... the good old days of Polls are gone on Nairaland...

sad
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by martha89: 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
Everybody voted for their tribes,I wish i can vote... cool
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by tpiar: 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
the op did not post samples of dances, and most people only know of their own indigenous dance steps, hence the voting pattern I guess.
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by tpiah01: 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
links, videos?
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by itstpia8: 11:53pm On May 12, 2016
The lead girl in awilo`s carolina video is a better example and that`s what a good yoruba dancer would be like.

true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvRWuQdfarg

They were saying O se baba, but did I also hear "kin wa jamala"?
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by LucyBanta: 10:21am On Dec 19, 2019
I love this dance and movement.
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by edoairways: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
tpiar:
the op did not post samples of dances, and most people only know of their own indigenous dance steps, hence the voting pattern I guess.
Correct
Re: Which Tribe Have The Hottest Dance Step In Nigeria? by TayceEbony: 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2020
So cool I want to do it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Think White People Are Ugly? / Important Things You Should Know About The Igbo Traditional Wedding / Craziest Thing You've Ever Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.