Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity (7923 Views)

Christmas In Nigerian Languages: Cultural Diversity / Unity In Nigeria’s Diversity / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by analysta: 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
There’s no doubt that Nigerians are one of the most unique people in the world, the Nigerian spirit and confidence is unparalleled. And Nigerians have learnt to express themselves in more than 500 distinct languages, but one language that allows the Nigerian diversity to thrive is the “Pidgin English”

This is why according to a 2014 CNN poll; the Nigerian accent was ranked 6 sexiest language in the world. “Dignified, with just a hint of willful naiveté, the deep, rich "oh's" and "eh's" of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, arousing tremors in places other languages can't reach. - CNN

To celebrate the Naija spirit and uniqueness, Torley Nigeria has launched the #TorleyPidginChallenge, asking Nigerians to share their favorite pidgin language punchline or simple sentences, in a bid to reinforce pidgin English language as an essential Naija way of life.

The hashtag challenge, already has cool and funny entries. Nigerian social media users have been posting photos of Torley products on their timeline with Pidgin English captions to share their creative skills while others are joining in to try it.

The #TorleyPidginChallenge will continue until Dec 31st, giving the Nigerian community an opportunity to carry on demonstrating their creativity in expressing themselves the Naija way.

The best Pidgin English caption with a photo of Torley product which has the most engagement wins the contest.

Source https://www.facebook.com/1189108034543257/posts/3684061721714530/?d=n

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Biafrannuke: 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
One lunatic too many

2 Likes

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by EyezofGod120: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Nigeria dey reverse back

1 Like

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by money121(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ok
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Nairalandwizerd(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Wetin man go do
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Mario619(m): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2020
When are we stopping Nigeria from killing us!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by demolinka(m): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
Very gastronomic challenge!
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Gkay1(m): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
some people just dey try to shift our attention away from dis bad government yet, e nor dey work. God go help us

11 Likes

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Utopian20(m): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
Na wow oh
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by HerMajestyCares(f): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
There are so many good things about Nigeria and Nigerians,

But buhari and his wicked administration is doing everything possible to kill Nigerians Glory,
God is with us and their evil plans won't work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by tolumizzy(m): 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
We must high
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by yongg: 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
It's not complete if they don't sample pidgin speakers from Edo, Delta and Rivers.

They have the best pidgin in my opinion; exotic slangs to boot too.

I had a course mate and a faculty mate converse in a language I knew was pidgin but that was where my knowledge ended.

Couldn't understand what the convo was about, it was slang filled, even the prepositions and conjunctions were masked with slangs, only a few betrayed it was actually pidgin that was being spoken.

Despite the fact that I didn't understand a lot of what was being said, it sounded so dope. The inflections, the flow, omg... Was just smiling sheepishly.

"Don't understand what you're saying but I like it."

2 Likes

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by pride4legacy(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
Osi owu gini? Torli? did u get permission from dee torli in the village before using his name

1 Like

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by lokijuh: 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
nICE one
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Mdd09: 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
Useless challenge

1 Like

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by bigdammyj: 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
Noted
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Donspicey: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
yongg:
It's not complete if they don't sample pidgin speakers from Edo, Delta and Rivers.

They have the best pidgin in my opinion; exotic slangs to boot too.

yarn pidgin gv dos guys wey dey form Oyibo dey go say u be runs man........

Naso one dey jam talk gv me say he dey speak English.......

English wey be say if i folo am speak he go lost..

1 Like

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by analysta: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
Some entries

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by sylve11: 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
analysta:

This is why according to a 2014 CNN poll; the Nigerian accent was ranked 6 sexiest language in the world. “Dignified, with just a hint of willful naiveté, the deep, rich "oh's" and "eh's" of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, arousing tremors in places other languages can't reach. - CNN

Wrong

The sexiet in the world they meant to say. No language comes close to the Pidgin English language and no one is closer to it sexxiest. cool
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by tutudesz: 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
Abeg make Dem face bush
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Dreyton36: 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2020
Na warri and Benin get pidgin for naija no cap

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by yongg: 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
Donspicey:

yarn pidgin gv dos guys wey dey form Oyibo dey go say u be runs man........

Naso one dey jam talk gv me say he dey speak English.......

English wey be say if i folo am speak he go lost..

Lols
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by yongg: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2020
Dreyton36:
Na warri and Benin get pidgin for naija no cap

Lights up my kpoli in peace

I dare say Africa sef....

Another funny pidgin is the one Liberians speak lols... (Pidgin with some American tint)

1 Like

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2020
Naija pidgin to da world
If na oyibo get pidgin now, e for don blow..
But cus it's us, we OURSELVES even look down on it
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Dreyton36: 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
yongg:

I dare say Africa sef....

Another funny pidgin is the one Liberians speak lols... (Pidgin with some American tint)

Lol u never hear Sierra Leona own , you go shock

2 Likes

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Houseofglam7(f): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2020
undecided
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by allen113: 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
pH should be the headquarter of pidgin English.

u will hear something like " aboy shun dat shun u dey caprisone" ur head go just burst 2 secs

1 Like

Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Sultty(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
analysta:
There’s no doubt that Nigerians are one of the most unique people in the world, the Nigerian spirit and confidence is unparalleled. And Nigerians have learnt to express themselves in more than 500 distinct languages, but one language that allows the Nigerian diversity to thrive is the “Pidgin English”

To celebrate the Naija spirit and uniqueness, Torley Nigeria has launched the #TorleyPidginChallenge, asking Nigerians to share their favorite pidgin language punchline or simple sentences, in a bid to reinforce pidgin English language as an essential Naija way of life.

The hashtag challenge, already has cool and funny entries. Nigerian social media users have been posting photos of Torley products on their timeline with Pidgin English captions to share their creative skills while others are joining in to try it.

The #TorleyPidginChallenge will continue until Dec 31st, giving the Nigerian community an opportunity to carry on demonstrating their creativity in expressing themselves the Naija way.

The best Pidgin English caption with a photo of Torley product which has the most engagement wins the contest.

One Nigeria is a mirage and Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Torley Nigeria Launches #torleypidginchallenge To Celebrate Nigeria’s Diversity by Eaglesence: 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
HerMajestyCares:
There are so many good things about Nigeria and Nigerians,

But buhari and his wicked administration is doing everything possible to kill Nigerians Glory,
God is with us and their evil plans won't work.

Ko le werkgrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Words And Their Sources / Can U Put On The Clothes Of A Deceased Sibling Or Friend? / 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.