Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta (61072 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Bauchi City, The Pearl Of Tourism And The Gateway Tonorthe / Road Drive From Akwa Ibom Airport To Uyo City / My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by olumide4christ: 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
calcal:

I will agree with you if the schools from primary to secondary are free, free notebooks, free textbooks, free transportation, free lunch for all children during school hours, free health services.

and every local government has its own community college for any children that wish to further without crazy cutoff marks then that is when you have a visionary leader.

Jakende did free education in Lagos back then, free notebook, free textbook, pens, mathsets, free good tap water, almost free uniform. some of the products are in many places in the world today during great, they are politicians, lawyers, doctors, engineers, bricklayers etc.

Development is not about just building malls by the government which eventually over 90% of the population can not even near the place.

This is the job of the private sector, and this will be achieved if there is a conducive condition for it.

Oga...if you will be sincere with yourself and others, free education, free transportation, free health services in this age is a mirage...no government can handle it, not even the advanced Western countries that people refer to as saner climes, talkless of a 3rd world country like Nigeria.
In Jakande's era, what was the population of Nigeria compared to the present? Population is a major factor in the equitable distribution of resources, I hope you know that.
In the US, UK and all those advanced countries that Nigerians want to run to, education, health services are about the most expensive in the world...no free education, health insurance or transportation over there. The only thing that may be free is food on some peculiar occasions like during the pandemic.

Even in Ghana near us here, it costs an arm and a leg to send children to school there.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Sirblez: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
Its serenity is only second to its affordable cost of living.
Uyo, one city I would love to live in.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
Rossntti:
I don't just know why I like this picture. Imagine strolling down this road with one fine babe and a spliff.

I love that ur dream...
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by mrkings84(m): 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
olumide4christ:

Please tell them... their tribalistic ways are just so appalling and repulsive! The thread has reached 11 pages now, just full of tribalistic sentiments and bashing!

The thing tire me sef
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ezzywaymadu(m): 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nwanna carry my bag come I don de go UYO CITY �️�️�️�
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Alabule: 6:05am On Jan 11, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
egbon you are the ignorant one here calling a city a mega city have nothing to do with development the term mega city is a loose term you to discribe a vibrant economic regional commercial city with a population above 8 to 9million people residing within.. now for west africa e get any city wey dey bustle pass lag ? e get any city wey get population pass lag? no lie o answer if they ask you to mention a major city in w.africa wich one you go first mention ? miami fine pass new york but e no be mega city..
.All hail Nigeria!!
You are right to an extent. Strictly speaking a mega city is a city with a population of at least 10million people.
But Lagosians use the term loosely to refer to how developed and how vibrant the state is.
Which is wrong
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by iguita: 7:43am On Jan 11, 2021
Adding to my travel bucket list. Looks so natural.
Ilaumoh:

That's Ibom hotel resort and leisure park at Nwaniba, uyo
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by CoachOore: 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2021
In need of self contained at Calabar itu road uyo. Apartments with water running budget is 120k.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by drini73: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
The high-rise building you attributed to Yenagoa is the Ibom E-Library in Uyo.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by drini73: 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2021
Aderr:
That first building is in Bayelsa, Oga. Not uyo.

Oh, I see say others have pointed that out, sorry but edit it,Sir.

That is Ibom E-Library. Read it well.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by drini73: 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2021
AustineJohn908:
Op, I'm talking about this Highrise hotel building not the sharaton

That building is in Uyo, not Yenagoa: Ibom E-Library.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Felix24elijah(m): 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
Cool
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Felix24elijah(m): 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
collinshush:

Hahahaha.., Now you have resorted to editing my posts..., hahahaha. You're seriously making my boring day fun.

You lie
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Felix24elijah(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
[quote author=MoneyTrees post=97899925] angry angry angry
Who brought this post to FP?
I hate it when mediocrity is celebrated, none of those high rise buildings have been completed, your market square is still very much empty sad
Your ring roads is never near completion
Scam & photoshopped post angry sad

Only accelerated work is on church AKA Worship center
First state to build a church on state budget and as a state project
Pvssy ass niggar people angry grin

Owerri is a city
Uyo is never yet a city grin
It's a town

Government innovations is still that of 2015 that's why Godswill Akpabio is yet still the only real niggar from that part of the world.
Mediocrity smells everywhere in that town
Extreme poverty & zero enlightenment
It hurts me when I see pvssy ass politician em people paid to promote mediocrity for small value

For ur mind
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Felix24elijah(m): 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2022
Depressed101:
pls remove Oyo and rivers from this list

Haaaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abuja Aircraft Crash: Names Of The Seven Personnel Released By Nigerian Air Forc / Peace Mass In Accident Along Enugu-Abakaliki Today / How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.