Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta (61119 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Bauchi City, The Pearl Of Tourism And The Gateway Tonorthe / Road Drive From Akwa Ibom Airport To Uyo City / My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by mrkings84(m): 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2021
Rossntti:
I don't just know why I like this picture. Imagine strolling down this road with one fine babe and a spliff.

My brother u are right. This is the road that lead to the garden of Eden where the woman gave the man the forbidden fruit...

Chai... Akwa Ibom ayaya ke akpaniko

3 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Diamondsaheed(m): 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2021
if everyone go back to their state's and invest in their natural resources, Nigeria will definitely develop

5 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by bizhop01: 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2021
SmartPolician:
Hate him or love him, the works of Godswill Akpabio will always speak for him and his family.

Before now, Calabar was overshadowing Uyo, but Akpabio came aboard and changed the narratives. May God continue to bless him.
I don't know why you guy's are comparing Cross river with Akwa ibom blindly, why not compare their monthly allocation first?

In case you're not informed, cross river state received one of the least allocation while Akwa ibom is a top two state in Nigeria,

Stop singing Akpabio praise because he didn't used his grandparents money to develop the state Akwa ibom people deserve more better, i believe you are aware that Akpabio is still had a case of mismanaging100 billion naira Akwa ibom state fund.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by mrkings84(m): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2021
FOXDOSSIER:

Hahahaha..this is the only place you are very correct.

Ibadan is the worst state capital in Nigeria because it is planless, unliveable, choked, jam packed and filled to the brim with mud houses and rustic brown roofs. It's an insult placing it side by side with the beautiful decent city of Awka. Now cry more for me..

Oya choose 2 out of 3.

See how you guys just spoiled this beautiful thread with your tribalistic sentiments..... This thread was about Uyo and not Ibadan or Awka....Una no try joor

2 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by flexyebe(m): 11:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
UnBanEbenezer:
where is this?
ibom hotel and golf,Uyo

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by RichAbujaGuy: 12:01am On Jan 10, 2021
I'm highly impressed!
Investment capital needs to continue at home. UAE has enough of our wealth. wink

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ceeceeuwa: 12:05am On Jan 10, 2021
Delta State iss cursed with bad leaders! The state governor should come and see what his colleagues is doing in another state.

5 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 12:07am On Jan 10, 2021
ariesbull:

Ok ... I noticed it
Yeah
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by MoneyTrees(m): 12:11am On Jan 10, 2021
angry angry angry
Who brought this post to FP?
I hate it when mediocrity is celebrated, none of those high rise buildings have been completed, your market square is still very much empty sad
Your ring roads is never near completion
Scam & photoshopped post angry sad

Only accelerated work is on church AKA Worship center
First state to build a church on state budget and as a state project
Pvssy ass niggar people angry grin

Owerri is a city
Uyo is never yet a city grin
It's a town

Government innovations is still that of 2015 that's why Godswill Akpabio is yet still the only real niggar from that part of the world.
Mediocrity smells everywhere in that town
Extreme poverty & zero enlightenment
It hurts me when I see pvssy ass politician em people paid to promote mediocrity for small value

Rossnitti:

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by MoneyTrees(m): 12:14am On Jan 10, 2021
Mediocre hype
You're embarrassing me in public... Best to say that the photoshopped image is beautiful not the road cos the road has & is never like the picture grin grin

mrkings84:

My brother u are right. This is the road that lead to the garden of Eden where the woman gave the man the forbidden fruit...

Chai... Akwa Ibom ayaya ke akpaniko
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by babsthegreat: 12:29am On Jan 10, 2021
I agree rising colosus but turning the state economy around by improving life for it's citizens will make it indeed a colosus .

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Uchasa(m): 12:29am On Jan 10, 2021
Some of this pics are in Lagos
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by UnBanEbenezer(f): 12:31am On Jan 10, 2021
flexyebe:

ibom hotel and golf,Uyo
Photoshop cos e nor find like that for reality
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by UnBanEbenezer(f): 12:31am On Jan 10, 2021
Uchasa:
Some of this pics are in Lagos
na stupidity dey worry you.
Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 12:34am On Jan 10, 2021
More to the beautiful city

3 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Franking: 12:53am On Jan 10, 2021
While Asaba wey be him mate still dey grope in the dark. Don't even get me started on Ado Ekiti.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by DrewMX(m): 12:53am On Jan 10, 2021
Uyo is beautiful. The state government should work more on the development of Ikpa & Itu road axis closer to my former Alma mater. Also the abandoned Science Park should be rejuvenated.

4 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by calcal: 1:35am On Jan 10, 2021
Sammy07:
Mehnnn, Uyo has left Delta, Calabar and Rivers behind sha.
within a space of 10yrs.

This is what happens when you have visionary leaders.
Tho Calabar is also trying, even without Oyel money.

I will agree with you if the schools from primary to secondary are free, free notebooks, free textbooks, free transportation, free lunch for all children during school hours, free health services.

and every local government has its own community college for any children that wish to further without crazy cutoff marks then that is when you have a visionary leader.

Jakende did free education in Lagos back then, free notebook, free textbook, pens, mathsets, free good tap water, almost free uniform. some of the products are in many places in the world today during great, they are politicians, lawyers, doctors, engineers, bricklayers etc.

Development is not about just building malls by the government which eventually over 90% of the population can not even near the place.

This is the job of the private sector, and this will be achieved if there is a conducive condition for it.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Adakintroy: 1:58am On Jan 10, 2021
Why not show uria_ikpa.

Abi we no join for uyo?
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 10, 2021
Movic1:

Ibadan develop pass Enugu bros. No hard feelings

Continue lying to yourself!
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by rossoki: 2:39am On Jan 10, 2021
calcal:

I will agree with you if the schools from primary to secondary are free, free notebooks, free textbooks, free transportation, free lunch for all children during school hours, free health services.

and every local government has its own community college for any children that wish to further without crazy cutoff marks then that is when you have a visionary leader.

Jakende did free education in Lagos back then, free notebook, free textbook, pens, mathsets, free good tap water, almost free uniform. some of the products are in many places in the world today during great, they are politicians, lawyers, doctors, engineers, bricklayers etc.

Development is not about just building malls by the government which eventually over 90% of the population can not even near the place.

This is the job of the private sector, and this will be achieved if there is a conducive condition for it.

So all schools must be ''free'' before you can agree the state is developing?

Was it only malls you saw in the pictures? (Malls are not ''built by the government'', by the way, but by the private sector, and it is FALSE that ''over 90% of people'' cannot afford to go there).

What about the roads, libraries, flyover bridges and recreational spaces? Do those not count as development?

Many of you are bred in negativity. If it wasn't ''free schools from primary to secondary'' it would be something else.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by bigcasava1(m): 2:57am On Jan 10, 2021
Pictures will always make unreal beautiful. When you go there you will be disappointed.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Pacesetter123(m): 3:01am On Jan 10, 2021
AustineJohn908:
Very beautiful City. I love Uyo. we aren't there yet but we are definitely in the right direction..
Op, that Highrise building(hotel) is not in Akwa ibom state
All of them are in Akwa Ibom state.The first one is a 21-storey Smart Building at banking layout while de other is a-four point sharaton hotel at IK Plaza.So,all of them are in AKS.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Aderr: 4:29am On Jan 10, 2021
AustineJohn908:
Op, I'm talking about this Highrise hotel building not the sharaton
That first building is in Bayelsa, Oga. Not uyo.

Oh, I see say others have pointed that out, sorry but edit it,Sir.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by zulunetwork: 5:28am On Jan 10, 2021
Enugu is a Beautiful city. I can't compare Yup and Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by zulunetwork: 5:30am On Jan 10, 2021
Enugu is a Beautiful city. you can't compare oyo to Enugu in terms of Beauty and attraction.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by mmsen: 6:06am On Jan 10, 2021
Sammy07:
Mehnnn, Uyo has left Delta, Calabar and Rivers behind sha.
within a space of 10yrs.

This is what happens when you have visionary leaders.
Tho Calabar is also trying, even without Oyel money.

Calabar hasn't been 'trying' for years. Ayade is terrible.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by cenaman(m): 6:21am On Jan 10, 2021
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by PROPHETmichael: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2021
98% of these pictures were posted in 2015 during Akpabio's tenure, does that mean governor Udom Emmanuel is not working? The only thing new is the high rise building.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by OyinO: 7:26am On Jan 10, 2021
Looks like a city in Europe

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by OyinO: 7:28am On Jan 10, 2021
Rossntti:
I don't just know why I like this picture. Imagine strolling down this road with one fine babe and a spliff.

That's if there's good security, or else, some guys could pop out from the nearby shrubs and land you slap before taking your phones... lolz.
Nature is bae. The picture depicts the serenity and healing power of nature.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Ilaumoh(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2021
DrewMX:
Uyo is beautiful. The state government should work more on the development of Ikpa & Itu road axis closer to my former Alma mater. Also the abandoned Science Park should be rejuvenated.
The science park is not abandoned the Chinese are not yet in town to startup the project
Remember the project is on PPP arrangement.. China owned 80% of it..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians / How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries? / Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.