Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

How To Get LGA / State Of Origin Certificate For International Passport - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Get LGA / State Of Origin Certificate For International Passport (17196 Views)

Victor Boniface Biography: Tribe, Parents, State Of Origin, Stats, Transfer / Herbert Wigwe Son Biography: Age, Family, Wife, State Of Origin. / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get LGA / State Of Origin Certificate For International Passport by iknowexperts: 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2020
One of the requirements for international passport is state of origin certificate or LGA of origin certificate

In the NIS website, this requirement is called "letter of identification from Local Gornment/state of origin or residence..."

I have come across more than a few persons who are confused about what exactly this document is, and how to obtain it.

The state of origin certificate, or specifically LGA certificate of origin is given to prove that you are from a particular place.

It is mostly given based on the LGA the parents (mostly the father) originate from.
It doesn't have a limited validity period which means when you get it once, you can use it indefinitley.

To receive the certificate, you will need to go to the LGA secretariat your parent or parents are from.
You might not need to travel down to your LGA if there is a liaison office around your location.
LGAs in Nigeria have their liaison offices in Lagos and Abuja.

How to get the LGA certificate of origin

Generally, most LGAs follow the procedure below:

1. You will need 2 copies of a recent passport photograpgh.
2. You will be given a form where you fill your personal details.
3. Next is payment at a designated LGA account. Some places accept cash.

After payment your certificate will printed, signed and issued to you.

Below is a LGA certificate of origin for one of the local governments in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: How To Get LGA / State Of Origin Certificate For International Passport by profagbaje(m): 9:26am On Feb 01
iknowexperts:
One of the requirements for international passport is state of origin certificate or LGA of origin certificate

In the NIS website, this requirement is called "letter of identification from Local Gornment/state of origin or residence..."

I have come across more than a few persons who are confused about what exactly this document is, and how to obtain it.

The state of origin certificate, or specifically LGA certificate of origin is given to prove that you are from a particular place.

It is mostly given based on the LGA the parents (mostly the father) originate from.
It doesn't have a limited validity period which means when you get it once, you can use it indefinitley.

To receive the certificate, you will need to go to the LGA secretariat your parent or parents are from.
You might not need to travel down to your LGA if there is a liaison office around your location.
LGAs in Nigeria have their liaison offices in Lagos and Abuja.

How to get the LGA certificate of origin

Generally, most LGAs follow the procedure below:

1. You will need 2 copies of a recent passport photograpgh.
2. You will be given a form where you fill your personal details.
3. Next is payment at a designated LGA account. Some places accept cash.

After payment your certificate will printed, signed and issued to you.

Below is a LGA certificate of origin for one of the local governments in Nigeria

Is this really necessary in 2024 with all the NIN & BVN & PVC & all whatnots? I reaaly would not want to be bogged down by theis particular requirement when I need a particular service - will not be funny!

1 Like

Re: How To Get LGA / State Of Origin Certificate For International Passport by Divinebpatricks: 2:59am On Apr 23
Does affidavit of local government of origin work in place of the certificate?

(1) (Reply)

Mum Fumes After A School Nanny Beat Her 2-Year-Old Child For Pooping (Video) / White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri / My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.