Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,705 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects (18310 Views)

Dangote Chimamanda Adichie, Davido, Adeboye Most Influential Africans In World / Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by 2mercy: 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dangote oil refinery has been listed among the top 20 influential projects surveyed in the last 18 months by the Project Management Institute.

Dangote Industries Limited said in a statement on Thursday that the refinery was recognised for the potential to fuel Nigeria’s economic transformation from an importer to a self-sustaining powerhouse in petroleum refining.

According to the statement, the PMI said the 2020 Most Influential Projects list highlights compelling projects around the world and across industries that achieved significant milestones and impacted society.

It said the list identified the noteworthy projects that had defined the past year – a year that has been dramatically transformed by the coronavirus pandemic.

PMI’s Vice President of Global Engagement, Otema Yirenkyi, was quoted as saying, “When it’s completed in 2021, the Dangote oil refinery in Nigeria will be the largest oil refinery in Africa and one of the largest in the world, processing 650,000 barrels of crude oil per day and creating nearly 35,000 jobs in and around Lagos.

“But its benefits run deeper than that. By creating a self-sustaining supply of high-quality refined petroleum products, the project will reduce the country’s reliance on imports, help stabilise its currency and aid in the fight against poverty.”

The President and Chief Executive Officer, PMI, Sunil Prashara, said the most influential projects reflected how project managers and change managers had found ingenious ways to keep initiatives moving forward in the face of unexpected obstacles associated with the pandemic.

https://punchng.com/dangote-refinery-named-among-20-most-influential-projects/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Authority1o1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
Okay...

Dangote truly provides job at high scale.

There is an ongoing misconception about his wealth being a product of national favouritism.Of course, without the country setting him up, he would have been among the myriads of entrepreneurs suffering unfavourable policies and protocols.

But honestly, his success doesn't owe to just that;it owes to the fact that the misconception is true.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by medicinestone: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2020
I laugh
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by nairalander2020(m): 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2020
chai
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Cyberterror: 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
Buhari is creating jobs. #NextLevel

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Akudaisi: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
grin I dey laugh Danmumu in Kafanchan language,las Las na Electric Cars sure pass

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Chizillar1(m): 11:47am On Dec 05, 2020
Great

Production manual for Chemical based Products like never before covering Cosmetics, Adhesives, Beverages and Food, Disinfectant, Industrial chemicals, Lubricants, Paints,Printing Inks, Stain Removers, Soaps and detergents, wood finishes etc and over 100 product formulations, processing method & Usage, Equipment & tools, quality parameter, sources of raw material, useful tips and all relevant Information.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by slawormiir: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright..
Dangote is doing well
Letting the world know that we are the real niggarrrrs of Africa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Bornsinner7: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2020
The young Africans them get two ears for head, them get two eyes too

Them dey see the things wey dey happen, them dey hear am too

Few people dey fat with the big money and the rest dey hungry..

Me I challenge this burahi government na wayo them dey all the time

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2020
Congrats Sir...

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2020
Most influential project ?

Mi o gbo ri
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by sammysmiles(m): 11:48am On Dec 05, 2020
The wealthiest man in Africa is from Nigeria yet we are ranked the third most poorest nation on earth taking over from India.... Wow... Nigeria is really taking over...

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by tolumizzy(m): 11:48am On Dec 05, 2020
tribalism
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by iamvictorbassey: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2020
Just when the world is advancing to renewable energy and electric cars. That's when Nigeria is trying to get it right with her first standard refinery.

How do I reduce what I know please? Because I think that's my major problem. Maybe if I stay stupid like other average Nigerians, all of these won't disturb me.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by GboyegaD(m): 11:48am On Dec 05, 2020
Congratulations to him. Hopefully, it will help improve our naira when it comes to production.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by classicfrank4u(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2020
Nice...
Dangote has really benefited from the Nigerian govt, no wonder he doesn't support any political party, always neutral cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by ecomalchemist(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2020
O ye ko bubble.

Dangote today, Dangote tomorrow, Dangote till infinity.

I have a brand new 50,000mah powerbanks for sale at an affordable rate, become a distributor and earn passive income.

Check my signature lets get started.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Gwagone: 11:49am On Dec 05, 2020
Abeg, who dey compete with Dangote sad
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by BIGGESThead6: 11:49am On Dec 05, 2020
NA DANGOTE alone get this Country.
Children of hate go come Dey talk rubbish now. God punish all of Una, where Una papa dey when Dangote dey HUSTLE LEGALLY
?

North Amaka.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by EmmaNuella77(f): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2020
Na so.

After it has been monopolized in his and other "big men's" favor
Abegi
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 05, 2020
If not for mimiko, this project would be located in Ondo state by now grin

Make Nigerians start to dey vote with their heads.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by vr0xen: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2020
it will end in tears

still blame Ifeajuna for not advancing to obalende on the d day

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Risingblue008(m): 11:51am On Dec 05, 2020
Yet nothing to show for in dis kan3
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Slurity(m): 11:51am On Dec 05, 2020
CHILDREN OF HATE WILL SOON JUMP ON THIS NEWS TO SHOWCASE WHAT THEY ONLY KNOW HOW TO DO. I RESPECT DANGOTE WITH MY HAT DUFFED

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by longsnake(m): 11:51am On Dec 05, 2020
enjoy the monopoly given to you by Nigeria Government.
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Perfectsouth(m): 11:51am On Dec 05, 2020
undecided
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by 123Map(m): 11:52am On Dec 05, 2020
But honestly, his success doesn't owe to just that;it owes to the fact that the misconception is true.

Tiring analysis. [/quote]

grin
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Fheelzz(m): 11:53am On Dec 05, 2020
Good for him I think capitalism can take 9ja forward
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by winterfell007(m): 11:53am On Dec 05, 2020
Criminal business man. A man who's notorious for crony capitalism. Lobby government to make policies that will Favour him alone.
A man who single-handedly determine the price of essential goods and services in nation of 200 million people should be chilling behind bars. This man is simply living the dream that Rockefeller had always wanted with the oil economy in the US. Fortunately, US Government realized that and cut him to sizes.
Dem no born Dangote well to go and compete in the European or Asian markets, they'll put him in jail for business malpractices. African is poor continent that's why he gets away with this nonsense.
Before anyone bashes me, ask yourself, what's the price of cement? If they allow for cement importation, we can't buy a bag for more than a #1500. Criminal Dangote. He couldn't compete in the noodles market neither could he compete in the flour business. He only enjoys where he controls the largest share of the market so that he can change the price whenever he likes. Let this touted refinery come on board first, Nigerians will cry blood by the time he's done with us.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by DenreleDave(m): 11:53am On Dec 05, 2020
undecided
Re: Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects by Sweetcollins: 11:54am On Dec 05, 2020
Dangote this Dangote that, what happened to ibeto and co? This kind of sectionalism and FAVOURITISM government can never take us far. In as much as I cherish Dangote's charisma, it will ONLY be more beneficial to the masses if more entrepreneurs are given such edge to flourish.
A country that have over four refineries but none is working but empowering only one man, Kai
Let the national cake go national mbok!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn / Nigerian Traders Protest Against Ghanaian Authorities' Harassment (Photos/video) / Power Generation Falls By 356.8MW In Three Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.