Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

“Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn (18299 Views)

How To Pay Yourself From N50,000 And Above Using Your Mobile Device Or Laptop / Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? / How To Pay Yourself First At The End Of The Month using Fundscheap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by nairametrics: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2017
Saving is one of the most challenging ordeals for youths today. They can’t be blamed either given all the bills that need to be paid and all the miscellaneous expenses that need to be run as well. A lot of people when they get paid go straight into the motion of paying bills and having fun and at the end of the day have little to nothing left to save. It doesn’t make it any better that most of them are already up to their necks in debts before payday arrives.

How do we beat this challenge? The answer is simple enough but hard to carry out. It requires a lot of courage, discipline and determination. This is one of the oldest rules for saving but has proven to be difficult. Let’s find out what we can about it.

Pay yourself first

This system is mostly for small business owners but can also be applied to salary owners. It means exactly what the name implies that you pay yourself before making any other expenses. It really is hard to do but with determination you’ll be fine.

How much you should pay yourself?

First things first; you need to determine how much you should set aside for savings, in order words, how much you should pay yourself. This amount should be reasonable enough that you still have enough left to run your daily life and be able to meet with your savings expectations or goals within a set time (monthly, yearly or however).

Consistency is the key to this game.

You can’t save this month and next month decide to do something else with that money. Like I already pointed out, it’s definitely going to be difficult but you need to apply discipline. Make your wants less and prioritize your needs. Consistently pay yourself thee stipulated amount without missing a beat.

Don’t lower your standards for any reason

Instead of reducing the amount you save over time, increase it. Don’t lower your standards for any reason. Keep in mind what your goals are and you’ll be encouraged and motivated to do more. Also learn to take records from time to time. Look back at what you’ve been able to save so far and give yourself a pat on the back.

The bottom line is to ensure that you don’t spend first then save what’s left over. Rather save first then spend what’s left.

https://nairametrics.com/best-saving-strategy-to-learn-pay-yourself-first/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by AdemolaA2: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
Well , I agree with the OP. All these methods can apply to a thriving business from inception. However , it would be very difficult to apply these strategies to struggling businesses.

Wait a second, shouldn’t i celebrate my first time on front page ni ?

TGIF !!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by 2winsboi(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ok
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by donblade85555(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
nice write up.... But money is Luke devil, some people go still waste the money

anyway for funny jokes and riddles that will make you laugh like a mad man visit www.laughkillme.com
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
My late mother instilled this discipline into my consumptive brain since childhood.
It explains why most people think that I am more comfortable than I actually am.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Ajicold(f): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
Cool
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Sirheny007(m): 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
segebase:
c
PastorandMentor:
Fcmb
donblade85555:
h
2winsboi:
Ok
AdemolaA2:
D

Imagine as una take waste this land.. undecided

11 Likes

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by 2winsboi(m): 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
AdemolaA2:
D
Nawa ooo u denied me FTC
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by PastorandMentor(m): 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
Fcmb
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by FuckTheZero: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
$75 000/annum. Once you get there, money is no longer an issue

1 Like

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by olatunjihaq: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hmmmm.... this is educative. I need to save more for my wedding ceremony. Thank God i want to get married
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by 2winsboi(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
Sirheny007:

He pain u.... grin grin
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by awo666(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
nice write up
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by MrThisandthat(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
God bless you

Visit www dot anothernigerian dot com for more
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Salarys: 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
One of the philosophies I learnt from Robert kiyosaki(Rich Dad,poor Dad) smiley

4 Likes

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by CaptainFM1: 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
Seconded!
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by omowolewa: 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
When saving, where you keep your savings matters. Imagine you saving in an account where you have all access to (ATM, iBanking, phone banking etc), it's as free as you meal ticket.

The best way to save is to invest with loan, the lower the interst the better.

You must just pay.

2 Likes

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by cardoctor(m): 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
Really?
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Hivazinc: 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
Noted!!!!!
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by bedspread: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
Great Write up..... really Great
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by MhizzAJ(f): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
This is interesting
Lemme calm down and read it
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by johnstar(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
Money na spirit oo

D topic should be how to earn more money
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
Sirheny007:

Abeg no wire me koboko Abeg I don modify my comment
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by judlice84: 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2017
I have been paying myself right from school days
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by eezeribe(m): 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2017
'poor' people are the biggest spenders... only very few would understand this statement.

6 Likes

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by AZeD1(m): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2017
For those just entering the work force, please save. The more you earn, the more you spend so don't deceive yourself into thinking that you'll start saving once you earn big money.

Have a savings habit also gives you options as you can quit your job when you want to and not have to worry about surviving.

As a minimum, you should have 3 months salary saved every 12 months.

7 Likes

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by segebase(m): 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2017
c
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by AdemolaA2: 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2017
2winsboi:
Nawa ooo u denied me FTC
lol .. no vex bro !!!
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Sirheny007(m): 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Abeg no wire me koboko Abeg I don modify my comment

grin grin
Your comment no still relate

but Make i commot you from my list
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by madgoat(m): 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
Say what??
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by blazerinno(m): 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2017

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Traders Protest Against Ghanaian Authorities' Harassment (Photos/video) / Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects / Scanfrost Opens First Modern Brand Shop In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.