Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:30 AM

Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible (4669 Views)

T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / The Way Bible Was Written Is Confusing All Pastors / How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by GreyBeard: 1:28am On Mar 25, 2011
@tpiah: My guy, here's the news: The picture in my earlier post shows Menkaure flanked by the Goddesses Hathor and Bat. These Goddesses represent his two wives Queen Khamerernebty II and Queen Rekhetre.

Besides, Menkaure wasn't the only Pharaoh to practise polygamy. The very first monarch of Egypt - Osiris had at least two wives, the famous Pharaoh Ramses II had at least eight wives, Pharaoh Khufu had at least 6, I could go on.

Believe me, I know this stuff. Polygamy was extremely common to royalty in ancient Egypt.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 25, 2011
menkaure was thought to have had two wives.

still being debated.

we may be referring to different dynastic periods here, since ancient egypt spanned thousands of centuries.

in any case, ancient egypt wasnt noted for polygamy, in fact, it was the other way round.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by KunleOshob(m): 7:07am On Mar 25, 2011
@Tpiah

Do you have any solid evidence that Moses wasn't a polygamist or are you also assuming ?
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by GreyBeard: 8:50am On Mar 25, 2011
@tpiah:
I don't want to bang on about the polygamy issue in ancient Egypt BUT  smiley the facts need to be put straight.

tpiah!:

menkaure was thought to have had two wives.

still being debated.

we may be referring to different dynastic periods here, since ancient egypt spanned thousands of centuries.

in any case, ancient egypt wasnt noted for polygamy, in fact, it was the other way round.

Thought? By whom?? You?? And wikipedia?? What about Ramses, Khufu and all the other polygamous Pharaohs? Are you [i]thinking [/i]about them too? Mankaure commissioned a sulpture (see picture in my previous post) showing him with his two [/b]wives as goddeses and you are still [i][b]thinking [/i]and still [i]debating [/i]because you want history to agree with you.  My guy, go and do some proper research. I've provided visual and theoretical evidence that polygamy definately existed in ancient Egyptian royalty. Where is your evidence to the contrary??
And on the subject of dynasties, wasn't Ramses II the Pharaoh that Moses dealt with when taking the Israelites out of Egypt? And at that time did he not have at least eight wives?
So we can conclude here that at the time the Israelites where in Egypt, polygamy was common from the Pharaoh down. It was part of the culture. So if Moses did have two wives  it wasn't anything new to them at all.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Image123(m): 11:56am On Mar 25, 2011
KunleOshob:

@image
I no dey vex, as usual I am just standing for undiluted biblical truth. It is glaring from the passage under reference that olaadegbu added his bias into scripture.
Undiluted indeed, you sef no sure se, that's why you bold the thing. You don't really need an understanding on moses' wife death right now, so i'll skip.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2011

@tpiah:
I don't want to bang on about the polygamy issue in ancient Egypt BUT  smiley the facts need to be put straight.

Thought? By whom?? You?? And wikipedia?? What about Ramses, Khufu and all the other polygamous Pharaohs? Are you thinking about them too? Mankaure commissioned a sulpture (see picture in my previous post) showing him with his two [/b]wives as goddeses and you are still [b]thinking [/b]and still [b]debating [/b]because you want history to agree with you.  My guy, go and do some proper research. I've provided visual and theoretical evidence that polygamy definately existed in ancient Egyptian royalty. Where is your evidence to the contrary??
And on the subject of dynasties, wasn't Ramses II the Pharaoh that Moses dealt with when taking the Israelites out of Egypt? And at that time did he not have at least [b]eight
wives?

i checked various sources for info on menkaure, and they all inevitably made the same conclusion, which was it's not certain he had two wives.

as per rameses being the biblical pharaoh, that's an assumption, and at best, speculation.

and remember! ancient egyptian dynasties spanned thousands of years.

taking a photo with two or more goddesses, in ancient egypt [or anywhere], doesnt automatically mean they're wives.

i gave you a link to a photo of menkaure with his queen, but you chose to disregard that.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2011
grey beard

go easy on the italics and emphasis.

it makes it very difficult to quote you.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2011
KunleOshob:

@Tpiah

Do you have any solid evidence that Moses wasn't a polygamist or are you also assuming ?

no, you're the one preferring to assume he was.

the bible doesnt support what you claim.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by GreyBeard: 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2011
@tpiah: You know u really amaze me. You arguments are just really weak but you carry them out with such persistence. Look at the history of your posts on this subject. First u insisted Moses was not a MOG. Then you agreed he was. Next you said polygamous didn't exist at all in ancient Egypt royalty.  Then u changed it too the royalty were not noted for polygamy. And now you say you've checked various sources? What sources? Quote them here so that we can establish credibility.
You debate without facts or any real evidence. Did you look up the wives of Ramses or Khufu? Do u think a carving of pharaoh with his main wife means he only had one wife? Was Miriam Abacha the only wife of Sani?
I will say this one last time. Polygamy was very common in Egyptian royalty. Now prove me wrong or keep quiet.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by GreyBeard: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
tpiah!:

as per rameses being the biblical pharaoh, that's an assumption, and at best, speculation.

On this I would agree. Ramses II is the nearest Pharaoh that Egyptologists can place around the estimated time of Moses' appearance. If it wasn't him then it was probably his father or his son. BUT the fact is, the man had 8 wives during that same period. That tells us that within the particular dynasty that existed when Moses was around, polygamy was commonly accepted amongst Pharaohs.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2011
Grey Beard:

On this I would agree. Ramses II is the nearest Pharaoh that Egyptologists can place around the estimated time of Moses' appearance. If it wasn't him then it was probably his father or his son. BUT the fact is, the man had 8 wives during that same period. That tells us that within the particular dynasty that existed when Moses was around, polygamy was commonly accepted amongst Pharaohs.

we DO NOT KNOW who the pharaoh was during moses' time.

you're assuming, end of.

the most you can do is guess.

however, like i stated before, polygamy wasnt the norm in ancient egypt.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2011
Grey Beard:

@tpiah: You know u really amaze me. You arguments are just really weak but you carry them out with such persistence. Look at the history of your posts on this subject. First u insisted Moses was not a MOG. Then you agreed he was. Next you said polygamous didn't exist at all in ancient Egypt royalty.  Then u changed it too the royalty were not noted for polygamy. And now you say you've checked various sources? What sources? Quote them here so that we can establish credibility.
You debate without facts or any real evidence. Did you look up the wives of Ramses or Khufu? Do u think a carving of pharaoh with his main wife means he only had one wife? Was Miriam Abacha the only wife of Sani?
I will say this one last time. Polygamy was very common in Egyptian royalty. Now prove me wrong or keep quiet.

i asked for bible verses directly calling Moses a Man of God, which you were unable to supply. I then did the homework myself and posted it here.

my reason for asking was because the term is commonly abused these days and also, you intentionally listed a number of kings from the bible who practised polygamy.

my point was moses shouldnt be automatically grouped with david and solomon in that manner. Besides, the bible doesnt support any such hypothesis. Anyone who was polygamous had their wives listed quite clearly and without any ambiguity.

You listed TWO pharaohs to support your claim that a dynasty lasting thousands of years was polygamous? Surely you can do better than that. undecided As per my sources, use the search function just like i did.

this back and forth can last forever, so lets give it a rest.

even egyptologists do not speak in superlatives like you do. They tell you directly if they're not sure.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by KunleOshob(m): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2011
@tpiah

I have not made any assumptions, all I have done is to dispute olaadegbu's false assumptions since they lack biblical basis.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Horus(m): 11:17am On Mar 26, 2011
Moses married an Ethiopia woman, Ethiopians are Negroid, blacks, Nuwaubians or Africans.

The fair-skinned, straight hair 'Ethiopians' have mixed in with the Hitties, Canaanites, Amorites etc and other people against the word of God, who forbidded marriage with the Canaanites (Caucasians or Asians). It's the greatest sin and it's in the bible, hidden within it's pages, but you are never shown this.

What you have to realize is that the People the media are protraying to us in the movies (to move your emotions), religious materials (Bibles, Magazines, Films) are Hindus (Arabic Asians), people who invaded Africa (Egypt) in the 7th Century AD.

The first invasion was by the Hyksos (Heka Khasut) in the 46th dynastry period, check it out. many other invasions followed all by European so called falr skined, which is really Pale-skinned.

The Hyksos lived under the Canaanites in the land of Canaan, the Cursed seed of the Torah, Old Testament Genesis 9: 25, Leviticus Chapters 13 - 15. The seed was cursed with Leprosy or albinism.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by GreyBeard: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2011
tpiah!:

we DO NOT KNOW  who the pharaoh was during moses' time.

You mean YOU don't know.

You've made it perfectly clear that you sprout rubbish without being able to back it up with any proof. You obviously don't know your stuff and depend on wikipedia (which is very often wrong because anyone can edit it). Frankly it's a waste of my time sharing information with you. There is evidently something blocking proper facts from getting through to your brain  So if you want to believe that the sky is purple - feel free, I'm done with you.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by e36991: 7:53pm On Mar 26, 2011
Grey Beard:

You mean YOU don't know.

You've made it perfectly clear that you sprout rubbish without being able to back it up with any proof.

You obviously don't know your stuff and depend on wikipedia (which is very often wrong because anyone can edit it).

Frankly it's a waste of my time sharing information with you.

There is evidently something blocking proper facts from getting through to your brain 

So if you want to believe that the sky is purple - feel free, I'm done with you.

@Grey Beard

Patience is a virtue, go easy with Tpiah! . . .

By the way, the long and short of this, is that, one is a "man of God" when one is no longer a man of the world.

In this dispensation, a man of God, is one who starts not to conform to this world any more,

is transformed by the changing of mind or mindset

so that one may be able to determine what God's will is (i.e. what is proper, pleasing and perfect)
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 29, 2011
Grey beard no need to get insultive. The identity of the pharaoh during moses time is at most conjecture. If you want to believe it`s rameses, that`s your prerogative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Uebert Angel Vs Prophet T.B Joshua / Muslims / A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.