Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

32k Job In VI Worth It? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 32k Job In VI Worth It? (1735 Views)

32k Job Vacancy In Enugu / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. / Is This N25,000 For A 6.30am To 10pm Cleaner Job Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

32k Job In VI Worth It? by harlee(m): 7:56am On Dec 05, 2020
Hello,I just got a job in VI, for 32k,though 40 after 5 months, I live on the mainland (after abule egba),no food,I'd be feeding myself, company has a house but I'll get somewhere for my self for like 2weeks before that will accommodation be granted, should I take up the offer?

1 Like

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2020
Please take it, don't despise days of little beginning..I know God will take u to another level within weeks

1 Like

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by sonofthunder: 8:12am On Dec 05, 2020
harlee:
Hello,I just got a job in VI, for 32k,though 40 after 5 months, I live on the mainland (after abule egba),no food,I'd be feeding myself, company has a house but I'll go somewhere for my self for like 2weeks BT that will be granted, should I take up the offer?

Delightly consider your expenses, I assume you don't have any job at the moment. So long expenses will not overwhelm your income take the job but remain focused on your plan(s) for a better job/promotion/business.

3 Likes

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by ShenTeh(m): 8:17am On Dec 05, 2020
harlee:
Hello,I just got a job in VI, for 32k,though 40 after 5 months, I live on the mainland (after abule egba),no food,I'd be feeding myself, company has a house but I'll go somewhere for my self for like 2weeks BT that will be granted, should I take up the offer?

Please keep searching my brother.

32k is not enough for your 1 month feeding alone in VI even if you have free ride to and from VI everyday.

If you are ok with 32k, better look for a teaching job (if you can teach) around your neighbourhood. It may pay you a little less than that, but it takes away the stress of your daily slavery and VI commute. Remember that asides accommodation, transportation is the biggest eater of income in Lagos. And there's no way you are spending below N1000 to and fro Abule Egba and VI every work day.

Keep searching. All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by yanabasee(m): 8:53am On Dec 05, 2020
OP if you must take the offer, do so because you'd have enough time to meet other requirements of your life or even use the given two weeks to go on any skill aquisition training....Not because of any silly little begining.....

You can't have responsibilities and be collecting that kind of salary and somebody will say, little begining.....

2 Likes

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by harlee(m): 9:05am On Dec 05, 2020
yanabasee:
OP if you must take the offer, do so because you'd have enough time to meet other requirements of your life or even use the given two weeks to go on any skill aquisition training....Not because of any silly little begining.....

You can't have responsibilities and be collecting that kind of salary and somebody will say, little begining.....
that the time,job collects all my time even weekends, I HV one 1 day in a week, that weekdays tho to rest.
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by harlee(m): 9:07am On Dec 05, 2020
ShenTeh:

Please keep searching my brother.

32k is not enough for your 1 month feeding alone in VI even if you have free ride to and from VI everyday.

If you are ok with 32k, better look for a teaching job (if you can teach) around your neighbourhood. It may pay you a little less than that, but it takes away the stress of your daily slavery and VI commute. Remember that asides accommodation, transportation is the biggest eater of income in Lagos. And there's no way you are spending below N1000 to and fro Abule Egba and VI every work day.

Keep searching. All the best.
i'd be staying over at work maybe I'd be coming home once a week or twice or thrice a month
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by harlee(m): 9:07am On Dec 05, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
Please take it, don't despise days of little beginning..I know God will take u to another level within weeks
hmm,you are dividing my mind
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by Esthered: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2020
Dear OP, can you pls reconsider your option? I live along that route, work in V.I but earn better. I have to wake up before 4 am to cook, do laundry and set out by 5 so that I can cut transport cost. I close late sometimes and get home between 8:30 on good days to 10:30 PM on bad days. 3rd mainland closure is better now due to the reopening of the former closed side of the bridge.
I like Island though but for your earning is an outright no but if you'll be smart enough to look for better opportunities while being there, you can go ahead.
Transport will be a minimum of 1k daily of which 20k is gone already , feeding, savings.....It is well. May God bless you with a better job.

2 Likes

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by lilachiever(m): 9:47am On Dec 05, 2020
Why do I feel like the 50K after 5 months is a lie and only a gimmick to lure you to stay that long after which your be laid off and replaced?

Never trust these companies. Even the 50K on the island isn't worth it.

3 Likes

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by flokii: 10:01am On Dec 05, 2020
I doubt 32k will last with you for two weeks to and fro.. the best bet is for you to manage with someone in that area or somewhere close, you can look at places like Obalende where transport won't cost much pending when the apartment they have for you will be ready. For the food aspect, you might need to befriend one of those food sellers pikin in VI cos that area no be am.

Whatever your decision is, remember there are people earning 15 - 20k on that same VI yet surviving.

1 Like

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by jericco1(m): 10:09am On Dec 05, 2020

When you can make 60k at the comfort of your room undecided

1 Like

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by lamidi21(m): 11:02am On Dec 05, 2020
If you don't have anything doing to sustain you for now , I advise you take the offer. From there you can connect to other bigger offer since you will be staying on island.

2 Likes

Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by nneka97224: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2020
32kWhen you can make 60k at the comfort of your room
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by harlee(m): 12:34pm On Dec 05, 2020
nneka97224:
how?
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by harlee(m): 12:35pm On Dec 05, 2020
lamidi21:
If you don't have anything doing to sustain you for now , I advise you take the offer. From there you can connect to other bigger offer since you will be staying on island.
I hope this is possible, I'd be working 8am to like 6pm or more
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by harlee(m): 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
flokii:
I doubt 32k will last with you for two weeks to and fro.. the best bet is for you to manage with someone in that area or somewhere close, you can look at places like Obalende where transport won't cost much pending when the apartment they have for you will be ready. For the food aspect, you might need to befriend one of those food sellers pikin in VI cos that area no be am.

Whatever your decision is, remember there are people earning 15 - 20k on that same VI yet surviving.

feeding is my worry there,600 per day Na like half of salary gone..dunno if it would be worth it in the long run
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by harlee(m): 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
lilachiever:
Why do I feel like the 50K after 5 months is a lie and only a gimmick to lure you to stay that long after which your be laid off and replaced?

Never trust these companies. Even the 50K on the island isn't worth it.
it actually 40k after 5months
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by flokii: 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2020
harlee:
feeding is my worry there,600 per day Na like half of salary gone..dunno if it would be worth it in the long run

Things are usually rough like that in the first few months of work in a new environment but with time you'd adjust.. I don't know of mornings but you'd find food sellers around in the evening where you can get affordable meals. Make friends with people there and they'll show you round.

You can also look out for vacancies with better offers around VI while working. Look at the brighter side always.
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by lilachiever(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2020
harlee:
it actually 40k after 5months

A job where you'd spend all your salary on expenses isn't worth it.

40K? I'd only accept that if I can stroll to my workplace and not have to take a bus.
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by FunnyDude(m): 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
[quote author=harlee post=96747058]Hello,I just got a job in VI, for 32k,though 40 after 5 months, I live on the mainland (after abule egba),no food,I'd be feeding myself, company has a house but I'll get somewhere for my self for like 2weeks before that will accommodation be granted, should I take up the offer?

Na u sabi
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
Do take it. You can manage that and still job hunt and no matter how little, save once you're paid.
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by Ken24(m): 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2020
Insane Black Friday deal
Hey, I would like to share this insane deal with you!
DailyProfits are running a 50% discount on a flagship program and it’s less than 5bucks.

Yes, you read that right!
People from all over the world are making commissions from home with this DFY commission software and now is your chance to join at a super low price.

It doesn’t matter where you are right now, this is a STEAL.

Simply click here https:///2VCejy6 to get your exclusive discounted access

Warning this expires in 3 days from today and only valid for the first 300 people.

Many have done it, it’s your turn now!

Click on the link and start making huge commissions!

Who say you can’t have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year?

Godspeed,
Daily profits
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by anochuko01(m): 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2020
And some people were telling me that a 190k island job "no be am"

mtcheeeeew!

OP, you should state the nature of the job if you want any serious advice.
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by harlee(m): 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2020
anochuko01:
And some people were telling me that a 190k island job "no be am"

mtcheeeeew!

OP, you should state the nature of the job if you want any serious advice.
it's an ice cream shop
Re: 32k Job In VI Worth It? by Geophilip: 10:59am On Dec 07, 2020
nneka97224:

sweetheart

show me way

(1) (Reply)

Geology Test - Halliburton (any Tips) / Nigerian Breweries Interview / Online Recruitment[get Update]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.