Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership (23608 Views)

Marlians For Life – Wizkid Declares, Shares Picture With Naira Marley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Synord(m): 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2020
Marlians, Wizkid FC, 30BG gang, Bellovers, Savage Army, Outsiders, Beliebers ..... Whatever names they may choose to bear, it is evident that fans club are fast becoming an integral part of Artiste's branding and they have immense power in propelling the career of their artiste thus consequently playing a crucial music in the music culture and industry as a whole.

A popular saying goes "Music is a universal language". Persons that have chosen to speak this language as a career path are known as musicians and when these musicians speak to someone's soul, they gain a fan and make a sort of connection with them.

However, there are some times that the connection between the artiste and the listener becomes obsessive and toxic and in this article, I have examined some symptoms of toxic followership of Celebrities especially Music Artistes.

1) Priority - " if Wizkid is performing here tomorrow and I have an exam tomorrow , I can miss the exam o". This statement is a typical example of toxic followership. Prioritizing celebrities over your loved ones, placing them above your life goals like exams or contractual appointments, not priotising your physical health to attend their shows or listen to their works among other things shows toxicity and unhealthy obsession.

2) Disregarding Other Talents - Not recognizing and constantly downplaying other talented and competitive artistes shows toxic followership. Once you start noticing the urge to always compare other artistes with your favourite and regard the other Artistes as never good enough or talented or constantly disrespecting and insulting other artistes in competition with your favourite for no reason, you might need to caution yourself .

3) Fighting Other Artistes fans - Engaging in physical/online fights with other people over Artistes that see at shows and hug things out or even go further to do collaborations is just plain ignorance . Threatening to beat up , setting up location for physical fights , insulting people's family and losing friends over artistes is simply a sign of celebrity obsession and toxic followership and should never be encouraged .

4) Trying to be like One's Favourite Artiste - Fans planning to do plastic surgery to look like their favourite artistes , dressing exactly like them, copying their mannerisms, frequently receating scenes in their videos and other acts of immense imitation are signs of toxic followership.

5) Excessive Stalking - While wanting to hear and know more about your favourite artistes can be classified as fan love , Stalking their pages excessively, camping at their apartment or monitoring their movements and the lives of their lovers or family members is a sign of celebrity obsession and toxic followership.

If you exhibit any of these signs , you might want to take a deep breath to reflect , set your priorities right and reevaluate your love for such Artistes in order to truly enjoy their craft and maintain a very healthy connection with them .

Written by Iamsynord. An entertainment lawyer and freelance writer open to collaboration with creatives across the country as regards artistes development and entertainment generally . He tweets via @iamsynord on twitter

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by FAndreas(m): 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
hmmm ok
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by RedPhoenix: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2020
Mercenaries

Titans

5 Likes

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Synord(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Mercenaries

Titans

grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Bornsinner7: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2020
Alright
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Synord(m): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
Bornsinner7:
Alright

Yes
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Synord(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
How I Made Over 100k through Digital/ Affiliate Marketing

A lot of people might know me as a writer on here . A lot of others might not ( you can check my threads and see if I have been an active writer here for a while ) . I am also a lawyer and I have a credible reputation on here .

Technology

Google it . Check any other available means you can gather information from . You will realize that any job related to technology is the most secured and one of the highest paying jobs around the world .

Programming , Digital marketing , Cloud computing , name it . As long as it is related to technology ,it is yielding good money .

Digital/Affiliate Marketing .

One of the things I tell people is that nobody can deceive you if you make your own research and findings . Let nobody sweet talk you . Find out and have a mind of your own .

I do not need to hype the benefits of the knowledge and value you get to have well you know about the concept of digital/affiliate marketing .

This same knowledge changed my life and raised my income significantly as a side hustle .

I wouldn’t do to much talk on here . Please check out this thread to know more on this legally backed up and sustainable source of income you can explore to achieve the financial independence that you crave

https://www.nairaland.com/6289756/experience-making-income-through-digital

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by slawormiir: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

Real niggarrrrs don't do these..every real niggarr believes he is a master in his own lane...smoking some dope shit, making some dope money, drinking enough bottles and banging pussy
All what you mentioned are for pussy ass niggarr and our vaginal people
The only celebrities that can make real niggarrrrs to posses those characters mentioned above are Ronaldo and Lionel messi....even as at that we still don't display such stupidity

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by cynthia500(f): 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
“If we have the attitude that it’s going to be a great day it usually is.

3 Likes

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by planetx13: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
What most people don't know is that you might actually be better than most of these celebrities we are so obsessed about..... It's only a few of them that can really live up to all the hype.....if you follow some on other platforms, you will be shocked about how unintelligent they are ( especially the women)...
Let everyone just live life at their own pace

Ciao

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by bigdammyj: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
Noted
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by cynthia500(f): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

“If something is important enough, even if the odds are stacked against you, you should still do it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
Followers make them celebrities; some would prefer them identifiable with a unique brand name
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Profayo: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
U
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Sabadon(m): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
I used to be a die hard fan of most celebrities till i grew up and understood that every nigggaaa is a celebrity in his own domain, truth is its ok to be a fan but taking extreme measures to prove it is plain stupidity.

31 Likes

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Lawliet(f): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
You did not add Helites, Ninjas and Icons

5 Likes

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by iamvictorbassey: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
Music is good for one's soul.
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by helinues: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
embarassed

Are those listed actually a role model?

Apart from the music, in which other ways have they been productive to the society?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Rich4god(m): 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
N
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by techmo(m): 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
cool

Soro soke generation

If Na nonsense they have money and energy, to rep a football club , cult or Celebrity they are active.. governance and politics that directly affect standard of living and every policy affecting their life they ignore

Do they have PVC. .... Hell No!!!
Do they vote ..... Hell No!!!

When election results are out, they come online to curse and insult everybody that came out under the sun and rain to vote in people who represent them.. calling them zombie, BMC

21 Likes

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by flimzy24: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Kolisky(m): 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
shocked shocked

8 Likes

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by PAWG(m): 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
Marlians are the craziest

7 Likes

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Gwan2(m): 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
Little heroes go down the drain day by day,
Future leaders, go down the drain day by day,
They are crying so loud, but the whole world is not listening
Only you the mothers of the world can safe the children...
There's a-lot of things to be legalised, but abortion is not in it

How can you have the face of an angel and let the devil inside of you take control
we are tired of hearing these little voices crying from far away saying

Mama why do you destroy me
Mama what have i done to you
I deserve to live like anybody else.

Compare the above lyrics to

Why dem come dey para para para para for me
Why everybody come they para para para para for me
Na why 30BG we go para para para dem go para for you

or

Joro joro joro joro joro jara joro (x3)
Your love na meni meni wana wana

Music is really really loosing its essence

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by PoliticalHunter: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
This is actually very necessary,nice and informative write up

1 Like

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Booktree: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
Celebrity obsession...Where does it end?

Please DO NOT PERFORM ANY TRANSACTION HERE WITHOUT AN ESCROW NO MATTER HOW LITTLE IT IS

To avoid being scammed, don't do any transaction with any new customer here without an escrow. Check my handle for more info
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by janedonez(m): 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
Cool
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by WoundedLamb: 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
Lol... Beyhives !
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by cynthia500(f): 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
PAWG:
Marlians are the craziest
lolzzz
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by God777: 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2020
..wizkid has the most useless fans on social media mostly twitter, if you see what they tweet u sef wuld say this ones are just idiots

7 Likes

Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by Johnbosco77(m): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2020
Guy go Sidon...
Re: Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership by cynthia500(f): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2020
PoliticalHunter:
This is actually very necessary,nice and informative write up

you melt my heart

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vic O Challenges Shatta Wale To A Rap Battle After He Insulted Nigerians (video) / Bbnaija Deborah Rise Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos / Celebrities At Glo Slide & Bounce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.