Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. (482 Views)

Meet Malam Abba Gandu From Kano, Who Has Been Feeding Lions For The Pass 50yrs / She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back / Man Refuses To Come Out Of Grave Because His Money Not Fully Paid - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Kccheechy(m): 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2020
People say in the next 5 years oil would be useless, Nigeria would drink her oil because one country said they are doing away with petrol cars in the coming future as cars are going electrical. Is this enough to say oil would be irrelevant? NO!!! Can rechargeable batteries replace petrol/diesel engines in the energy sector?? No!! The world would still very much need the energy produced by petrol/diesel. Here is why:
They are producing small cars that now use rechargeable battery to function. But what about heavy duty vehicles? Would rechargeable batteries function as efficiently as engines in them?
Can rechargeable batteries replace engines in the aviation sector? What kind of battery can efficiently power a plane to fly over 14,000km with over 300 passengers onboard for over 21hrs nonstop?
What of industries that operate on independent power plant because of the nature of their machines? Can rechargeable batteries power them like engines? Can rechargeable batteries replace engines in the vessels on the high sea? Batteries, no matter how strong can not outperform engines.
Don't let anyone discourage you from pursuing a career in oil and gas business of a lame assumption that oil will soon be useless.. No!! Oil would still remain with us for a very long time to come.
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Jashub: 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2020
The days of oil are numbered. I say so because I am a chemical engineer who has seen bio-diesel out perform fossil fuel. And secondly, the world is going for more environmentally-friendly energy generation processes which will have almost zero carbon emission with limited amount of flue gases been released to cause ozone depletion . So my advice to future petrochemical engineers /chemical engineers is this : start developing interest in alternative sources of fuels, for this is where the future of the world's energy supply will come from.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Kccheechy(m): 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
Jashub:
The days of oil are numbered. I say so because I am a chemical engineer who has seen bio-diesel out perform fossil fuel. And secondly, the world is going for more environmentally-friendly energy generation processes which will have almost zero carbon emission with limited amount of flue gases been released to cause ozone depletion . So my advice to future petrochemical engineers /chemical engineers is this : start developing interest in alternative sources of fuels, for this is where the future of the world's energy supply will come from.
are bio-diesel batteries?? Even though the world is going towards zero carbon emission, what about vehicles that emit water droplets or steam instead of carbon monoxide?
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Jashub: 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
Kccheechy:
are bio-diesel batteries??
Batteries have nothing to do with oil sir. It is the octane rating of the fossil fuel that will determine the effectiveness of the combustion engine. Batteries are only in charge of electrical functions within a vehicle
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Jashub: 11:35pm On Dec 05, 2020
Kccheechy:
are bio-diesel batteries?? Even though the world is going towards zero carbon emission, what about vehicles that emit water droplets or steam instead of carbon monoxide?
Are you referring to hydrogen-powered cars?
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by BabbanBura(m): 11:58pm On Dec 05, 2020
Jashub:

Excellent piece Bro.

In addition to all said above, technology is greatly improving devices and industries in efficient ways that the power requirements are dropping exponentially. For an example, we now have electric heavy duty trucks

Secondly, technology is greatly improved green energy like solar so much so that we are now sustaining what where hitherto thought impossible with solar

Technology, electromagnetic energy now powers super speed trains with almost zero friction thereby running entirely on electromagnetic fields and little or no electric energy

Believe me, soon we will have breakthrough into aeronautics such that aeroplanes may even aeroglide in the skies with little or no fuel requirement

Yes, the days of petrol and petroleum products are numbered and it is happening much faster that was imagined.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Mgbadike80: 5:24am On Dec 06, 2020
Oil would still be relevant in the next 50 year and more but the days of oil selling at high prices of hundred dollars or more per barrel would be over within the next 50 years. I don't foresee oil selling for more than hundred dollars per barrel throughout next year except there's an exceptional reason. I believe oil would sell mostly at fifty dollars or less next year especially if the Biden's administration in America lifts sanctions against Iran. Nigeria seriously needs to cut the cost of governance and eliminate questionable programs because our earnings from oil in for the next thirty years would not be enough to service our debts and still run the economy.
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by King2019(m): 6:41am On Dec 06, 2020
Mgbadike80:
Oil would still be relevant in the next 50 year and more but the days of oil selling at high prices of hundred dollars or more per barrel would be over within the next 50 years. I don't foresee oil selling for more than hundred dollars per barrel throughout next year except there's an exceptional reason. I believe oil would sell mostly at fifty dollars or less next year especially if the Biden's administration in America lifts sanctions against Iran. Nigeria seriously needs to cut the cost of governance and eliminate questionable programs because our earnings from oil in for the next thirty years would not be enough to service our debts and still run the economy.

Who still believes in Nigeria bro?

Biafra or nothing
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Kccheechy(m): 7:49am On Dec 06, 2020
BabbanBura:

Excellent piece Bro.

In addition to all said above, technology is greatly improving devices and industries in efficient ways that the power requirements are dropping exponentially. For an example, we now have electric heavy duty trucks

Secondly, technology is greatly improved green energy like solar so much so that we are now sustaining what where hitherto thought impossible with solar

Technology, electromagnetic energy now powers super speed trains with almost zero friction thereby running entirely on electromagnetic fields and little or no electric energy

Believe me, soon we will have breakthrough into aeronautics such that aeroplanes may even aeroglide in the skies with little or no fuel requirement

Yes, the days of petrol and petroleum products are numbered and it is happening much faster that was imagined.
Electric heavy duty truck run on rechargeable batteries isn't it?? Can this batteries outperform engines??
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Mgbadike80: 8:48am On Dec 06, 2020
King2019:

Who still believes in Nigeria bro?

Biafra or nothing
My dear, Nigeria have derailed completely, it's Biafra or nothing.
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by Mgbadike80: 8:52am On Dec 06, 2020
Kccheechy:
Electric heavy duty truck run on rechargeable batteries isn't it?? Can this batteries outperform engines??
Electric vehicles would never equal or outperform similar sized fossil fuelled vehicles especially as research have been producing more energy efficient fossil fuelled vehicles but Western governments have decided to wean themselves from fossil fuels and it's going to be an interesting future watching them do it.
Re: Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come. by mycvcreator: 9:54am On Dec 06, 2020
Get a Professional Resume / CV at https://mycvcreator.com/ or download the mobile app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycvcreator.app

(1) (Reply)

Salaries Of U.S ARMY Soldiers / hh / Felix Okpotu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.