Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,437 members, 7,846,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire (14674 Views)

The Great Benin Empire / The Fall And Rise Of The Benin Empire: A Must Read / The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
samuk:

I believe the present Ooni of Ife actually stated that Igbo people were the original inhabitants of Ife. I know those without any link to Ife will argue this and even insult the Ooni.
The truth is not measured in mass appeal wether they agree with their ooni or not, the obi of Onitsha has stated it earlier than the ooni that a distinct Igbo group were the aborigines of ile-ife which they called igbo-omoku before yoruba people broke away from igala in Kogi state

The modern day ugbo/ilaje people(who were themselves of Igbo stock) tell of their earliest leader called "Ekenwa" please someone should tell me what "Ekenwa" means in Yoruba with no ambiguous stories as usual grin grin
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
[s]
Juliusmalema:

While I acknowledged TAO11 was talking trash but this is another load of a higher trash.

Igbos are not so stupid to believe in useless fabrications.

You called obatala and it sounds igbo to your own meaning and you are regurgitating nonsense.

Education is a waste in Nigeria.

I remember so very vividly when Ooni of Ife referenced the obatala nonsense to igbo but was immediately cautioned by well seasoned scholars who are sound in learning.

While they acknowledge obatala might means something in igbo, they clearly told Ooni that there was no shared history and obatala as a Yoruba word has its meaning and interpretation to the Yorubas and means nothing to an igbo man

Nairaland is full of pathetic and one book historians.

As far as this is concerned, the word and name has no meaning to an Igbo man and it is an outright nonsense for someone to even write this gibberish.
[/s] First of all you are not Igbo and know nothing of Igbo culture let alone historygrin

Your modus operandi on Nairaland has been to isolate all Igbo groups from themselves by opening multiple accounts of Igbo states and attacking yourself like a schizophrenic rapid dog grin

You are on a loosing battle trust me.

3 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
TAO11:
The last time I devoted a flogging session to you, you wept profusely to the mods, claiming that I bullied you. cheesy

You were subsequently ignored because you lacked the stamina to soak in the torture without complain.

I really do hope something has changed this time around.

(1) There is no evidence that Igbos are the oldest group in Southern Nigeria.

All “Nigeria” ethno-linguistic groups spread out as distinct ethnic-linguistic groups from the region of the Middle Niger — mostly around the N-B confluence and above it.

They all settled into their present respective locations at about the same period of history.

The Iwo-Eleru human bones do not date to 43,000 years old. The Yorubas did not settle in from modern-day Kogi state.

The Yorubas have occupied their present location since many centuries BCE, not 1200 CE.

There is no evidence that modern-day Igbo people spoke a language similar to that spoken by the then forest dwellers of Ife.

(2) Obatala was not the first king in Ife. In fact, Ife had no singular monarchy overseeing its affairs prior to the present dynasty.

There is no evidence that Igbo (i.e. forest) in the context of ancient Ife relates to modern-day south-easterners.

(3) Lastly, the Moremi episode has everything to do with the Obatala Igbo (or forest) group as re-enacted till date in the annual Edi festival.

You have claimed that the Moremi is “absent in the history of South eastern Igbos today simply because it has nothing to do with them”.

Yet, somehow you want to claim Obatala in the same breath.

I wonder what logical reasoning sounds like to you. Scary? cheesy Or are you the new Binis in town? grin

(4) The name Ẹ̀keńwá has absolutely nothing to do with pre-Oduduwa Ife. It’s instead the name of one of Oduduwa’s later successor/descendant.

Yes, I understand your excitement, a modern south-eastern Igbo word sounds like it. cheesy

Cc: LegendHero
What a lying Cunt this beach is grin

The Iwo eleru remains is a "humanoid" discovery not like modern humans, this remains dates back 43,000 years ago you lying beach!!! grin

There is evidence that aboriginal Ife(Igbo omoku) dwellers spoke a language relates to modern igbo spoken in the south east.....Tell me what "Ekenwa", "Oduduwa" "Edi" and Egungun mean in Yoruba you obese schlubb grin....these are perfect Igbos words with little disfiguration cheesy

Moremi story is absent in the history of South eastern Igbos cos they themselves descended from different stocks of Igbos and not the ones that encountered Yoruba in Ile ife (Igbo omoku).

[b]Funfact
- Yoruba is a very recent language and culture which has no place at the table of the elders where- IGBO, Igala, IDU and jukun will sit

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
[s][/s] First of all you are not Igbo and know nothing of Igbo culture let alone historygrin

Your modus operandi on Nairaland has been to isolate all Igbo groups from themselves by opening multiple accounts of Igbo states and attacking yourself like a schizophrenic rapid dog grin

You are on a loosing battle trust me.

Yawns..

I am not interested in your igbo fiction and nobody is anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by BornRicch(m): 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Last word summerises all what you said, call our women dirty and urgly....they make up one of the most successful women in Africa, you say yoruba propaganda...lol Yoruba propaganda that made your state benefit from Awolowo's free education policy or the fact that it was a Yoruba man by the name of Ben Adekunle by means of his 3rd commandos that liberated you baboons from the biafran apes Lol even the insignificant bini's are talking about betrayal, you guys act all brave and violent with cultists killing themselves like chickens while fulani herdsmen raid and pillage your villages raping and killing your witches that you call mothers, your leaders are federal bitches getting ass fvcked on the daily.... I really won't engage you, you're inconsequential.
Lol, you have changed your tune. It's a war of words you speak ill of my tribe, and I had to respond to your post. Please, spare me the bullshit of your women making up of the most successful women in Africa. Have you had of tribal cards? Majority of your so called successful men/women gained wealth through politics and connection from the Govt. Yes, Awolowo free education was the light of your race and he is the greatest Yoruba man for me. But things have changed and we're not in regional government anymore. I didn't touch on the Biafra claim on my comment above but you brought it up again that to show you're very ill and myopic in your thinking.. Biafra didn't defeat US instead the Nigeria Government, though let's assumed Biafra defeated the Midwest. There are lots of tribes in the Midwestern region why focusing your hate on Edos? Mr man, I grew up in Lagos. When we're talking about cultish, it's everywhere in southwest, but I would focus on Lagos. Agberos, Areaboys, One million boys, I guess they're all in Edo State, right? Counting of score is synonymous to your tribe in Lagos, places like Ebute Metta, Island, Mushin, Ikorodu, Agege, Oshodi, etc. Do you know how many of my street guys have died from stupid fight because of some chairman? What about School fight in Lagos? Please, I'm done talking to you. I rest my case. Bye for life. undecided
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by BornRicch(m): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ideadoctor:

everything you wrote from A-Z is trash, wrote it without your brain, oponu ode! eyin omo alainiran yi,eyin omo kosemulode koni da fun yin leyo kokan

The best you can do is insult.... Coward. Omo ale, oni ranu, smiling dog.
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ideadoctor(m): 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
BornRicch:

The best you can do is insult.... Coward. Omo ale, oni ranu, smiling dog.

why won't I insult you? since your write up calls for insult,only a bastard will see his race been insulted and keep quiet
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ideadoctor(m): 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:

The Iwo eleru remains is a "humanoid" discovery not like modern humans, this remains dates back 43,000 years ago you lying beach!!! grin

There is evidence that aboriginal Ife(Igbo omoku) dwellers spoke a language relates to modern igbo spoken in the south east.....Tell me what "Ekenwa", "Oduduwa" "Edi" and Egungun mean in Yoruba you obese schlubb grin....these are perfect Igbos words with little disfiguration cheesy

Moremi story is absent in the history of South eastern Igbos cos they themselves descended from different stocks of Ig Ile ife (Igbo omoku).

[b]Funfact
- Yoruba is a very recent language and culture which has no place at the table of the elders where- IGBO, Igala, IDU and jukun will sit
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
BornRicch:

Lol, you have changed your tune. It's a war of words you speak ill of my tribe, and I had to respond to your post. Please, spare me the bullshit of your women making up of the most successful women in Africa. Have you had of tribal cards? Majority of your so called successful men/women gained wealth through politics and connection from the Govt. Yes, Awolowo free education was the light of your race and he is the greatest Yoruba man for me. But things have changed and we're not in regional government anymore. I didn't touch on the Biafra claim on my comment above but you brought it up again that to show you're very ill and myopic in your thinking.. Biafra didn't defeat US instead the Nigeria Government, though let's assumed Biafra defeated the Midwest. There are lots of tribes in the Midwestern region why focusing your hate on Edos? Mr man, I grew up in Lagos. When we're talking about cultish, it's everywhere in southwest, but I would focus on Lagos. Agberos, Areaboys, One million boys, I guess they're all in Edo State, right? Counting of score is synonymous to your tribe in Lagos, places like Ebute Metta, Island, Mushin, Ikorodu, Agege, Oshodi, etc. Do you know how many of my street guys have died from stupid fight because of some chairman? What about School fight in Lagos? Please, I'm done talking to you. I rest my case. Bye for life. undecided

Just like seun osewa built this platform through government connections or the various yoruba women in entertainment built up through government connections, if you look in the mirror you'd see bullshit crystal clear. And like most developing cities around the world crime comes along with it....but for the Edo stinkpile development is dead as your brain. Your pathetic kins men are here busy jerking off to a non existent oral history that doesn't affect the current state of things. Stupidity is trying to compare a city the seize of ibadan to the Oyo Empire or current south west Nigeria..... Induced stupidity from consumption of sapele water.

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ideadoctor(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:

Moremi story is absent in the history of South eastern Igbos cos they themselves descended from different stocks of Ig Ile ife (Igbo omoku).

[b]Funfact

Bros are you alright? Yoruba is a recent language or what did you say,better be careful

2 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by TAO11(f): 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:

Moremi story is absent in the history of South eastern Igbos cos they themselves descended from different stocks of Igbos and not the ones that encountered Yoruba in Ile ife (Igbo omoku).

[b]Funfact

Rule 15. Cc: Mynd44, Seun

1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by TAO11(f): 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Ile ife(Igbo omoku) was originally an Igbo settlement inhabited by an Igbo group distinct from today's south easterners grin

Wether you like this fact or not take it up with your ooni who wouldn't stop talking about it lately
Wonderful!! cheesy grin

Anyways, Igbo means forest, and Olugbo is NOT an Eboe man. grin

Please change my mind. cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ideadoctor:

Bros are you alright? Yoruba is a recent language or what did you say,better be careful
Well it's the honest truth, Yoruba broke away from igala few centuries ago and lost their "kw" "gw" "Ch" "NW" and "Z" sounds which the igala language retains just like Igbo till today

Truth is not measured in mass appeal sorry
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
TAO11:
Wonderful!! cheesy grin

Anyways, Igbo means forest, and Olugbo is NOT an Eboe man. grin

Please change my mind. cheesy grin
For millenias up until today the Igbo stock anywhere they are found have favoured building their villages deep in the forest without clearing and cutting down trees like their more northern cousins

These people where in perfect union with nature early on, hence their early mastery of mystical methods and advanced juju.

Funfact Up until today some rituals have to be observed before certain trees are cut in Igboland

2 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ideadoctor(m): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Well it's the honest truth, Yoruba broke away from igala few centuries ago and lost their "kw" "gw" "Ch" "NW" and "Z" sounds which the igala language retains just like Igbo till today

Truth is not measured in mass appeal sorry
were you there when the language broke? more over,IFA chanting proofs that Yoruba language is almost the same as it is 4000 years ago

2 Likes

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by TAO11(f): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
[s]For millenias up until today the Igbo stock anywhere they ae found have favoured building their villages deep in the forest without clearing and cutting down trees like their more northern cousins

These people where in perfect union with nature early on, hence their early mastery of mystical methods and advanced juju.

Funfact Up until today some rituals have to be observed before certain trees are cut in Igboland[/s]
Yawns! cheesy Poor attempt at super story. This is no where close to changing my mind. grin

Try again! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ideadoctor:
were you there when the language broke? more over,IFA chanting proofs that Yoruba language is almost the same as it is 4000 years ago
Scientific research has it that Yoruba came from a more northern location near the confluence of the Niger and the Benue rivers in modern day Kogi state

Meanwhile have you heard an igala person speak?.......it's like an ancient version of Yoruba and heavy on the mouth

Yoruba is like a baby where Igbos and igala are

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
TAO11:
Yawns! cheesy Poor attempt at super story. This is no where close to changing my mind. grin

Try again! grin
Go and meet your Ooni in Ife to change your mind

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ideadoctor(m): 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Scientific research has it that Yoruba came from a more northern location near the confluence of the Niger and the Benue rivers in modern day Kogi state

Meanwhile have you heard an igala person speak?.......it's like an ancient version of Yoruba and heavy on the mouth

Yoruba is like a baby where Igbos and igala are
as if you were there when ancient Yoruba was been spoken, Yoruba language is a mother language that other language feeds from,ask attah of igala,he would tell you that igala is fusion of different languages

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ideadoctor:
Ifa is a gift Yoruba received from Igbo omoku people they met in Ife.....Igbos as a distinct people and language precedes Yoruba by 3000 whole years.

Besides this same Ifa in one of its "Odu"s mentions the modern Ile ife as a fake replica
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ideadoctor(m): 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Ifa is a gift Yoruba received from Igbo omoku people they met in Ife.....Igbos as a distinct people and language precedes Yoruba by 3000 whole years.

Besides this same Ifa in one of its "Odu"s mentions the modern Ile ife as a fake replica
now I know I have been conversing with an illiterate since, abeg shift make person wey dey reason wella con debate me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ideadoctor:

as if you were there when ancient Yoruba was been spoken, Yoruba language is a mother language that other language feeds from,ask attah of igala,he would tell you that igala is fusion of different languages
Ofcourse as a Yoruba close minded dimwit i expected you to say that while totally ignoring the fact that all scientific evidence points that yoruba group moved down from an area that roughly corresponds to the igala homelands today.

IGBOs as a group is older to yoruba by 3000years!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ideadoctor:
now I know I have been conversing with an illiterate since, abeg shift make person wey dey reason wella con debate me
Emotional cry baby grin

You are constantly sliding into my tar pit cheesy once I have you in position I will slaughter you mercilessly like I did to Tao11 the lying cunt

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by TAO11(f): 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
[s]Scientific research has it that Yoruba came from a more northern location near the confluence of the Niger and the Benue rivers in modern day Kogi state

Yoruba is like a baby where Igbos and igala are[/s]
Janus-faced liar! grin

Yorubas came from modern-day Kogi State ??

Aba research told you that, not scientific research. Stop abusing the word “science”, dullard. cheesy

You’d better stick to changing my mind into accepting you to Ile-Ife.
————————
Cc: Ideadoctor,

Yoruba, Igala, Edo, Idoma, Ebira, Nupe, Kakanda, Gbagyi, and Igbo all branched off from the same common proto-language some 6,000 years ago.

This is what scientific research says, not the Aba made research of this die-hard Yoruba-wannabe. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by TAO11(f): 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ideadoctor:
A super-dumb illiterate for that matter. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ideadoctor(m): 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
TAO11:
Janus-faced liar! grin

Aba research told you that, not scientific research. Stop abusing the word “science”, dullard. cheesy

You’d better stick to changing my mind into accepting you to Ile-Ife
————————

Yoruba, Igala, Edo, Idoma, Ebira, Nupe, Kakanda, Gbagyi, and Igbo all branched off from the same common proto-language some 6,000 years ago.

This is what scientific research says, not the Aba made research of this die-hard Yoruba-wannabe. cheesy
the guy unlearned debate really got me pissed,his points are not comprehensive, biased and misinforming

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
TAO11:

Rule 15. Cc: Mynd44, Seun
You go cry blood for my hand grin

I'm doing you a favour by making you lose weight via emotional exercise cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Ideadoctor(m): 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Emotional cry baby grin

You are constantly sliding into my tar pit cheesy once I have you in position I will slaughter you mercilessly like I did to Tao11 the lying cunt
guy,honestly, why don't you just pick a book

1 Like

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by TAO11(f): 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Go and meet your Ooni in Ife to change your mind
I am a Yoruba man, the Ooni is a Yoruba man, You are a die-hard-Yoruba wannabe Eboe man.

So, do your job. Change my mind! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
TAO11:
Janus-faced liar! grin

You’d better stick to changing my mind into accepting you to Ile-Ife.
————————

Keep your lying fly-trap of a mouth shut cheesy

Yoruba left their igala homeland just 700 years ago
Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by TAO11(f): 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hellraiser77:
You go cry blood for my hand grin

I'm doing you a favour by making you lose weight via emotional exercise cheesy
Or you stick to derailing threads. Your specialty. But science?? Na-na

”Science” and “Eboe” don’t fit into the same LIBRARY. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire by Hellraiser77: 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
TAO11:
A super-dumb illiterate for that matter. cheesy
All Yoruba lying fraudsters will hear the truth from me by force grin grin

You must face your real history

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30)

Why Do White Americans Like Telling Black Americans To Go Back To Africa? / Learning African Languages / How Do You Say Good Morning In Your Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.