Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder (37053 Views)

Police Rearrest Former MFM Chorister Over Libel Against Church Founder, Olukoya / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Tospecial(m): 8:27am On Dec 08, 2020
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Her good works will speak for her.
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Naturalobserver(m): 8:28am On Dec 08, 2020
Osashalom:

You forgot assemblies of God. I like your insight on the topic.
Thanks.
Assemblies of God and the orthodox churches were there even before their church and Church of God mission that is why I didn't mention AG.

1 Like

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Osashalom: 8:29am On Dec 08, 2020
You have done well mama, you are a general of Faith in your own right. You are a legend of Faith, your place in honour and Glory is uncontestable. I salute you and bid you farewell mother of our faith!

3 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by karo93: 8:35am On Dec 08, 2020
She was a household name growing up. We appreciate your contributions to the body of Christ. Keep resting in the bossom of the Lord

2 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by lucky4west: 8:48am On Dec 08, 2020
damn 2020...her hubby died some years ago when i was still in benin and she has been carrying on....may God rest your soul ma

2 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Ogidigan1: 8:48am On Dec 08, 2020
Eunice Osagiede- founder, Jesus women prayer band fellowship in Benin that year! She converted several market women from idol worship to Christianity! She was indeed a blessing to her generation! Rest in peace woman of God.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Emzenoz(m): 9:32am On Dec 08, 2020
Sabadon:
No b dis woman loose her husband one christmas day dat year? Life is a fleeting shadow
yes she's

1 Like

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by lukaino(m): 9:33am On Dec 08, 2020
observer88:
Someone up there said this may be the beginning of the end of the church and I think I agree (to an extent).

The SLBC first shot off with Jesus Women Prayer Band, an interdenominational prayer ministry for women. This was founded by this woman and was soon making waves in Edo state (especially). Later, the Godhead Fellowship (for men) was founded by her husband, and quickly followed up with a merger which birthed the SLBC denomination. Those initial fellowships however continued interdenominationally.

It wasn't difficult for anyone to know which of the duo was the crowd puller as the Jesus Women attracted interest from far outside the state with many within Benin-city hardly aware of the Godhead fellowship.

Thus, while the husband was the ascribed head, many regarded the woman as the spiritual mainstay of the ministry. It therefore had very minimal effect (if at all) when the husband died and she fully (officially) took over the running of the church.

Now, the major outlet outside Edo state is the Abuja Church which, I understand, trumps the headquarters on all fronts structurally, and this was specifically built for her first son who has been elevated to the position of Bishop and even bears same name as his dad. Unlike his parents (mum especially), he and his white wife are hardly known outside the denomination...

The problem with most of our pentecostal churches in Nigeria has been the tendency by the founders to run them like family enterprises, or for the founders' families to wrest control once they are gone, disregarding previous hierarchical structures. CGM, amongst others, suffered same fate with pull-out pastors more widely known today than the General Overseer. Let's see how the SLBC goes after Eunice Osagiede's exit.

RIP, Woman of God...

This is the whole truth

1 Like

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by UnBanEbenezer(f): 9:39am On Dec 08, 2020
Naturalobserver:
The husband died late 90s or early 2000s.Forgotten.
She survived 20 years after her husband's death,she tried.
They were example of real life partners gracing the the TV screen under Edo Broadcasting Station(EBS) I think.
I grew up watching them doing their televangelist work.
Their church,Spirit and Life bible church had many branches in Benin.
Their church,Church of God mission founded by Benson Idahosa,Christ chosen church,New covenant gospel church and Christ Apostolic church made christianity strong in many Benin homes before Believer's love world,Omega fire and the rest.
May her soul rest in peace.
but why is evil and crime still at it's prime despite these numerous churches
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Lawrry(m): 9:42am On Dec 08, 2020
I worshiped in their Abuja center between 2015-2016, honestly, I love this church, you'll feel like service should not end. RIP woman of God.

2 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by ogmask: 9:48am On Dec 08, 2020
observer88:
Someone up there said this may be the beginning of the end of the church and I think I agree (to an extent).

The SLBC first shot off with Jesus Women Prayer Band, an interdenominational prayer ministry for women. This was founded by this woman and was soon making waves in Edo state (especially). Later, the Godhead Fellowship (for men) was founded by her husband, and quickly followed up with a merger which birthed the SLBC denomination. Those initial fellowships however continued interdenominationally.

It wasn't difficult for anyone to know which of the duo was the crowd puller as the Jesus Women attracted interest from far outside the state with many within Benin-city hardly aware of the Godhead fellowship.

Thus, while the husband was the ascribed head, many regarded the woman as the spiritual mainstay of the ministry. It therefore had very minimal effect (if at all) when the husband died and she fully (officially) took over the running of the church.

Now, the major outlet outside Edo state is the Abuja Church which, I understand, trumps the headquarters on all fronts structurally, and this was specifically built for her first son who has been elevated to the position of Bishop and even bears same name as his dad. Unlike his parents (mum especially), he and his white wife are hardly known outside the denomination...

The problem with most of our pentecostal churches in Nigeria has been the tendency by the founders to run them like family enterprises, or for the founders' families to wrest control once they are gone, disregarding previous hierarchical structures. CGM, amongst others, suffered same fate with pull-out pastors more widely known today than the General Overseer. Let's see how the SLBC goes after Eunice Osagiede's exit.

RIP, Woman of God...

You are a very good observer sir.

1 Like

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by apostlepaul007(m): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2020
continue to rest with the Lord mama,till we meet to part no more
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by IME1: 10:16am On Dec 08, 2020
EDUECO:
She had her first degree at(University of Ife) Obafemi Awolowo University.She read English at OAU.

While she bagged her second degree from the Faculty of Education, University of Benin.

She was a staff of UNIBEN Demonstration Secondary School and a staff of NTA.

She taught English and literature.
She started the ministry with the Ehiametalors (Mrs Ehiametalor also taught in UDSS and her husband the then youngest ever to be Prof taught in Faculty of Education).
Although they went their separate ways and had their own separate ministries.

When she started Jesus Women, they used to wear a lapel.
Many other church leaders banned their members from wearing the lapel in their churches and even attending the non-denominational Wednesday meetings then.

Wednesdays used to be hot then, traffic, work closing early, big Marcopolo buses at strategic places to pick members.

Now there's a new Deborah in Benin and she's as popular and influential. She too has a women's ministry and has been made PFN chairperson in the state. In fact their headquarters are along the same road.

When her husband died she fought many battles about leadership. She went under for some time and relocated to Abuja. I can't say she really returned to Benin fully. On her return she became Deb'rah.

I believe she helped a lot of women draw closer to God. Sadly mostly of the Jesus Women members I know were not like her, but God knows them in their own standing.

When I received the news on my professional WhatsApp group last night I checked nairaland to see if it had hit the religion section, it hadn't, but I said I wouldn't want to be the one to form such a thread. I slept off hoping it would be a rude joke when I wake. But alas it's true. At 62 the world has lost Eunice Osagiede (nee Ojeme of Ewu).

A wonderful woman.
Quiet
Graceful
Composed
Persistent
Submissive
Pius
Poised
God fearing.

I wish her family fortitude, I mourn with those who mourn her passing and celebrate with those knowing she's heaven bound according to God's promises to those who believe.

Remember 2020 still has about 23 whole days, pray to God to keep us safe, in health, in peace and under His will. His Will triumphs over wives, husbands, children, money, fame, health, education, food, onions, fuel, good job or good places of primary assignments.

Trust in Jesus Christ today, He loves, He saves, He is near.

12 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Aladdin1(m): 10:38am On Dec 08, 2020
A great Apostle of jesuschrist has gone to be with the Lord.May her soul rest in perfect peace.Amen.
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Onogiede(m): 10:44am On Dec 08, 2020
may lovely soul rest in peace,.. Jesus loves you more.
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Naturalobserver(m): 10:46am On Dec 08, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
Cuz we have so many Christians who go to church for social acceptance,connections,wants,and as members of social gathering not because they want to know who God is and what pleases Him.

1 Like

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2020
her voice was very calm and preaching easy to understand
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by TefBarzz(m): 10:58am On Dec 08, 2020
Rest in peace to the meekest woman of them all...
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by stonecoldcafe: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2020
mosesomed:
Mrs. Deb'rah Eunice Gordon Osagiede is dead. She is a Nigerian pastor and the

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/breaking-apostle-debrah-eunice-osagiede-dies-at-62/

RIP woman of faith. She did a lot for christendom in Edo State. Gone to be with her maker and to be reunited with her dear husband
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Ajesam5(m): 11:13am On Dec 08, 2020
Rest in the bossom of our Lord Jesus. U are indeed a great mother. Ur life have been a blessing to us all.
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 08, 2020
Rip soldier of Christ ..... cry
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by bethelofficial: 11:21am On Dec 08, 2020
Rent Artificial Grass For Your Upcoming Event from Nigeria's Number One Importers of Artificial Grass.

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by MightySparrow: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2020
Why good people die young na?
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by God2man2again(m): 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
MightySparrow:
Why good people die young na?

It is so sad. This year 2020 is a mysterious year.
We don't know why it is like this.
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by luluosas(m): 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
My condolences to her bereaved family
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by edoairways: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
Because the bible predicted it to be so
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Xantel(f): 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
Rest in peace ma angry
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by observer88: 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
xjiggy:
Benin person spotted. I salute you my brother
Edo person is more like it. I grew up in Benin, though. I salute you too, brother.
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by EMMY76: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2020
I used to watch her programs on tv she has a very unique voice rip great woman of God.

1 Like

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by BennyDGreat: 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
Wow. I never heard about her but I Thank God for her life.

1 Like

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Bodydiialect57: 11:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
So many good things have been said about this woman, though l never knew her, l joined others to celebrate a life well spent in God's service.

Rest on..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos / Paul Enenche's Sister Slaps Church Member For Crying During Sammoses Burial / Religious Leaders In The North Appeal To Davido For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.