Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,585 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder (37002 Views)

Police Rearrest Former MFM Chorister Over Libel Against Church Founder, Olukoya / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by mosesomed: 11:03pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mrs. Deb'rah Eunice Gordon Osagiede is dead. She is a Nigerian pastor and the General Overseer of Spirit and Life Bible Church. She is also the President of Godhead Prayer Ministry. A
retired Police Commissioner.

She was pronounced dead Monday 7th December 2020 by the church top ministers. She has been ill for few months but she still preachers and was looking strong. Type of illness that lead to her death is still unknown but until her death she was vibrant and always out spoken saying the truth and preaching the gospel of HE who called her.

Until her death she was the founder of these ministries

SLFBC YOUTH FELLOWSHIP :. The SLFBC Youth Fellowship is made of all Jesus Lifer Youths

AGOS :.
A Scholarship support Scheme, initiated by Apostle Deb’rah

JESUS WOMEN MINISTRY :.
This fellowship is made up of Holy Spirit filled ladies, living holy sanctified

ORPHANAGE MINISTRY
We own a private Orphanage home today. After over 30 years of weekly contribution.

APOSTLE FOUNDATION :.
A Foundation initiated on behalf of the Founding Bishop to help with the support and empowerment of young growing ministers in the body of Christ and also reach out to social services.

TABITHA SERVICES LTD:.
In the course of her Philanthropic work through organizing the Old Peoples and helping them.

WOMEN IN NEW NIGERIA:.
Women In the New Nigeria & Youth Empowerment Initiative (WINN)

NEW NIGERIA YOUTH:.
The New Nigeria Youth Initiative is a non-governmental organization

May her soul find rest in the Bossom of God. Amen

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/breaking-apostle-debrah-eunice-osagiede-dies-at-62/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Macuberry(m): 11:50pm On Dec 07, 2020
May her soul rest in peace.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 08, 2020
rip

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by abitex577(m): 2:00am On Dec 08, 2020
Adieu...To be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Sabadon(m): 3:21am On Dec 08, 2020
No b dis woman loose her husband one christmas day dat year? Life is a fleeting shadow

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by apeleone(f): 5:20am On Dec 08, 2020
RIP
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by femi4: 5:55am On Dec 08, 2020
That's the beginning of the end of that church. One woman business

9 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by jchioma: 6:12am On Dec 08, 2020
Chei! This woman is dead. She and her husband made news that year. Televangelism really helped the boom of gospel preachers.

16 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by cassidy1996(m): 7:00am On Dec 08, 2020
rip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Kolos47: 7:25am On Dec 08, 2020
Rest in peace....sad news

1 Like

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by ursullalinda(f): 7:38am On Dec 08, 2020
She took over the ministry when she lost her husband.......I remember spirit and life PHC. ......May God rest her soul

11 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Onlinealaba(m): 7:38am On Dec 08, 2020
May her soul rest in Peace

1 Like

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Nazgul: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2020
This country is so unsafe, we've never had it this bad.

Rip ma'am I believe you're in a better place

5 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by JoeEeL(m): 7:39am On Dec 08, 2020
RIP
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Hotzone(m): 7:39am On Dec 08, 2020
Wetin op dey talk?
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by GreaterFuture(m): 7:39am On Dec 08, 2020
The rest is left to the Almighty
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by paulolee(m): 7:39am On Dec 08, 2020
k
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by ranktzy(m): 7:40am On Dec 08, 2020
God rest her soul. She lived an impactful life.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by kambili999(f): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2020
I pray she rests well in dwelling of God cry

4 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by observer88: 7:41am On Dec 08, 2020
Someone up there said this may be the beginning of the end of the church and I think I agree (to an extent).

The SLBC first shot off with Jesus Women Prayer Band, an interdenominational prayer ministry for women. This was founded by this woman and was soon making waves in Edo state (especially). Later, the Godhead Fellowship (for men) was founded by her husband, and quickly followed up with a merger which birthed the SLBC denomination. Those initial fellowships however continued interdenominationally.

It wasn't difficult for anyone to know which of the duo was the crowd puller as the Jesus Women attracted interest from far outside the state with many within Benin-city hardly aware of the Godhead fellowship.

Thus, while the husband was the ascribed head, many regarded the woman as the spiritual mainstay of the ministry. It therefore had very minimal effect (if at all) when the husband died and she fully (officially) took over the running of the church.

Now, the major outlet outside Edo state is the Abuja Church which, I understand, trumps the headquarters on all fronts structurally, and this was specifically built for her first son who has been elevated to the position of Bishop and even bears same name as his dad. Unlike his parents (mum especially), he and his white wife are hardly known outside the denomination...

The problem with most of our pentecostal churches in Nigeria has been the tendency by the founders to run them like family enterprises, or for the founders' families to wrest control once they are gone, disregarding previous hierarchical structures. CGM, amongst others, suffered same fate with pull-out pastors more widely known today than the General Overseer. Let's see how the SLBC goes after Eunice Osagiede's exit.

RIP, Woman of God...

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Rosarie(f): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2020
This one pain me well well.jesus women was how I knew her.
This year came with great things.
The year was really good.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Latidoh1: 7:41am On Dec 08, 2020
Death is a mystery

2 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Naturalobserver(m): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2020
The husband died late 90s or early 2000s.Forgotten.
She survived 20 years after her husband's death,she tried.
They were example of real life partners gracing the the TV screen under Edo Broadcasting Station(EBS) I think.
I grew up watching them doing their televangelist work.
Their church,Spirit and Life bible church had many branches in Benin.
Their church,Church of God mission founded by Benson Idahosa,Christ chosen church,New covenant gospel church and Christ Apostolic church made christianity strong in many Benin homes before Believer's love world,Omega fire and the rest.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Divoc19(f): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2020
A very active woman. Rest on ma

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Goke7: 7:42am On Dec 08, 2020
wow, growing up in benin in the 90s this woman was a household name especially when she started Jesus women prayer band. She has truly made her contributions to the body of Christ.

I pray God preserve all she has left behind.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Osesedney: 7:43am On Dec 08, 2020
Kwn you as a child and grew up to see how much work and sacrifice you have put into bringing God's work to light...
And helping women find their place in christ...
Jesus Woman.... epitomize...
Rest in peace WOMAN OF GOD....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Yonce(f): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2020
This is just so sad!

I always watched her preaching on TV growing up.
2020 is just a series of unfortunate events. cry

6 Likes

Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by Prechgold1180(m): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2020
Jesus Christ
O my God
Re: Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder by PAO429: 7:44am On Dec 08, 2020
I have never seen a woman work for God like she do , Founder JESUS WOMEN FELLOWSHIP, this fellowship helped pulled women unto Godliness & Righteousness.. Jesus women fellowship still a name that rings the bell in Benin city & Nigeria with the badges on the chest of the women & the joy on their face for belonging to Christ ... She did leave a legacy behind for all to remember
She impacted souls including my mother .. Farewell Mummy in the lord
Spirit & Life Bible church

28 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) / Father Ebube Muonso Buys Cars For 8 Church Workers As Christmas Gifts / Can We Pray Together?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.