Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning (32345 Views)

Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / I Am Not The Father Of My 3-Year-Old 'Son' - Nigerian Man Cries Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Oluwaseun2020(m): 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
lock channels with cartoons and let him get used to educational cartoon programs...

He will be better for it
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Jamesayo: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
Parenting nowadays is not easy with the digital evolution, but we have to take control of our children' interest to avoid addictions. Notwithstanding as parents, we have to keep re-channeling our babies' interests.

You just have to be very firm, NO is NO! My babies here had the same thing, and we have to take that firm stand eventually. At first, it was crying. My boy can cry for hours non-stop, and we allowed him to express it. When he's done, we give him baby paracetamol to cool him off. Gradually the addiction died down, but it was not an easy process...

At first, we were not paying much attention to it, because we felt it was to broaden their mind, but when it got to the stage of no phone, no other work, then NO NO NO to phone, we've got other things to do honey. Play with others, play with traditional toys, do coloring etc

You can start tonight, prepare the baby paracetamol, babies won't die, and be disciplined as parent to discipline him. NO is NO and YES is YES. You are the Best...

God will continue to help us all.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by osusuallstars: 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
Is it every thing that someone will rush to social media to post?
This woman should be ashamed of herself for dancing naked in the market square .

If you can't disciplined a 3 year old kid , give him out for adoption , you are a failure
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Modupetemmy1(f): 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2021
the soldiers in my house even share all the colour character, they can watch till infinity and by morning they will be sleeping when they ought to be awake. when I noticed it is getting into their heads I gave a rule, the t.v and dstv switch off by 10:00pm and everyone off to bed. shikena
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by sylve11: 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2021
FarahAideed:

Then you have your solution already .Suspend sub for another month and use that month to reposition his interest

i tire for the op, him get solution and him dey come open thread seeking for solution again. sad cool
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by chatinent: 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2021
You have two choices to make. It is either you make him obey you or make him make you obey him.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by leo22(m): 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:
Really don't know the section to post this.

My 3 year old son loves cartoon especially PJ Mask so much to the extend he could watch it from 7pm to 3a.m in the morning shocked

If you take him to the bed room he won't sleep, he cries and if not this cartoon no body watches any other program anymore.

He use to be very very intelligent before now, its seem this PJ Mask has entered his head.

Please help me, how can I stop him or distract him from this??

I am a cartoon fanatic and so is my entire family so my kids are not exempted but it is a rule that no one watches toons or movies except on holidays and sometimes I deliberately do not pay for cable subscription sef.
My 3 year old is hooked on PJ mask also and he can scream all he wants but no way! A child must cry so let him cry and speak to and let him know it is a rule that he must keep. Also look for other alternatives to engage the kids with and ensure you are not using cartoons to keep the kids away from you because we make the mistake of engaging the kids with activities we can't supervise only because we want to be left alone.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by skillzbae(f): 4:48pm On Jan 13, 2021
Those of you condemning her, can you just shut the Bleep up already...most of you have no idea on child bearing take more of child training..... Poster, kids loves cartoons, its normal, make sure its the one hour child can learn from... Try to also create another thing to get his time, like colouring, paper matche,constructing with Lego's etc. Good luck
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Yankee101: 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2021
You just indicted yourself

You are failing on parenting

A 3 year old you no fit manage and tomorrow you'll ask to be made a manager or elected official
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Thelucifer666(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Oga no be like that poo

I do flog him most times but yet he does the same thing.

There is a month I refused to make subscription

He senses came back
You flog a 3 year old child?

Are you mentally ok?

People like you should be barren!!
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by silibaba: 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
Op is foolish. That how you raise kids this days?
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by silibaba: 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
Thelucifer666:

You flog a 3 year old child?

Are you mentally ok?

People like you should be barren!!
quite. My mother inlaw do beat my babies even when they were still 4months old. Different stroke 4 different folks.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by ledaman: 5:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Whoube99:

That is the dividend of poor parenting.
You most be one of those loose & useless parent
Being a parents does not end in paying of fees, buying clothes and food. You most go the extra mile to bringing discipline to bear in your home.
Allowing a kid to do whatever he or she likes is a mark of irresponsibility on the parts of the parents.
Must you call him useless? Am very sure you still a chronic bachelor sampling ladies around. Proffer solutions you can't.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Truthstands: 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
Use parental control to lock it when you are going to sleep. Its better you start now to instill discipline in him otherwise you'll loose him.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Thelucifer666(m): 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
silibaba:
quite. My mother inlaw do beat my baby when they were 4months old. Different stroke 4 different folks.
Your mother in law is a mad fellow
Beating a child at 4 months?
If my mother in law tried such to my child, I'd beat and bust her brain
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by pegix(m): 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
Whoube99:

Being a parents does not end in paying of fees, buying clothes and food. You most go the extra mile to bringing discipline to bear in your home.
Allowing a kid to do whatever he or she likes is a mark of irresponsibility on the parts of the parents.
Asin the thing dey funny mev3 year old kid
Person wey u go bundle enta room,give one kid stroke of cane
He no go try shit again....
Or off the TV when it time to sleep
No need to seek for help sef na
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by AngelicBeing: 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
FarahAideed:

Then you have your solution already .Suspend sub for another month and use that month to reposition his interest
Gbam wink
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by okonyia(m): 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
My daughter does that too, but she also have time for her books and reading. She love cartoon to the extend that she will be eating and using her mom phone to watch. It's very common, but you have to find a way to cut him off a little so he could find time to study. Some of the cartoons are very educative too.
It's well
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by MoIbrahim: 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
This is classical TV addiction.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.verywellmind.com/television-addiction-22264%23:~:text%3D7%25EF%25BB%25BF%2520People%2520who%2520were,activities%2520in%2520order%2520to%2520watch&ved=2ahUKEwj7yqDJqJnuAhUMPOwKHbsADyQQFjACegQIAhAF&usg=AOvVaw0rkxqrjL-Z5y16R0ihrSTe

Chisaedhor:

My 3 year old son loves cartoon especially PJ Mask so much to the extend he could watch it from 7pm to 3a.m in the morning shocked

If you take him to the bed room he won't sleep, he cries and if not this cartoon no body watches any other program anymore.

He use to be very very intelligent before now, its seem this PJ Mask has entered his head.

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by silibaba: 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
Thelucifer666:

Your mother in law is a mad fellow
Beating a child at 4 months?
If my mother in law tried such to my child, I'd beat and bust her brain

I was okay with the beating back then. Am reaping the benefit now.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by ikennamadu1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
kokoA:
I miss the good old days.. If my mama catch you, mcheeww... The knock you'd receive ehn Nigeria go be you like Congo.

Allah... my mama go use Cain scatter your body for ordinary NTA you dey watch self
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by oloshun(m): 5:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Oga no be like that poo

He senses came back

You don't need to be harsh on him. The more you do that, the more he is more interested. Human psyche is shaped in a manner that we want to see the opposing direction first, what I suggest is, you need to find a way to make him understand there are RULES, not only in your house, but in life. Anytime I notice something ABOUT to go wrong with my boys, I will say "GUYS, WE NEED TO HAVE A SERIOUS CONVERSATION" if nothing changes, bro, I result to default style, BEATING.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2021
[quote author=dbestuncle post=98019593]Thanks my 2 year old have been trying to form Gecko too. Gecko Super whatever. [/quote

Gecko super muscles]
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Zane2point4(m): 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
Whoube99:

Tomorrow na,this boy will start disturbing the neighborhood blc of lack of control.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by meobizy(f): 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2021
Well then, it seems your 3 year old is the leader of the household. I remember always being sent to bed by 10:00 p.m. regardless of what day of the week it was. I’m trying to think back if I knew what weekends were before hitting age 9. It’s recently I’m seeing kids stay up an hour later than 10:00 p.m. during Fridays and Saturdays. I never enjoyed the priviledge. I don’t need to advice you because your future solution lies in my experience. If you reply this comment for whatever reason then I will understand that you’re not ready to make things better.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by tedbaj(m): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
Introduced koboko 101..for reset of zombies..thank me later.. grin
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by sanpipita(m): 6:02pm On Jan 13, 2021
Lots of kids are like this eg nieces, sometimes parents get busy and cartoons are only distraction they keep for their kids so they might end up being 'addicted' to it give it time you can randomly create a schedule and ensure he sleeps atleast at night
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by shege45: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
Whoube99:

can’t you pass a message without insults
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Chisaedhor: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2021
[quote author=hakeemhakeem post=98023643][/quote]

Super gheko muscles.

He uses this slang to open the door when its hard to open or when he wants to carry heavy stuff

grin

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by nams77: 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
Whoube99:

I'm certain you don't have children. Why using such words on the op? If you have kids, you should know at this age they always want to have things their way and always throw tantrum when you don't allow them to.
My son was also towing same line. Its always PJ mask or nothing in the house until I put my foot down and start restricting his view time of cartoons.
@chisaedhior. Just restrict his viewing time and pay no attention even if he is crying or throwing tantrums
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by akaahs(m): 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
[quote author=Chisaedhor post=96871491]

Oga no be like that poo

He senses came back [/quote
Chai!!! Parents of this generation yaf mess up things real big. U mean u can't control or regulate a 3 year old excessive watch of cartoon?? Allow a child to watch cartoon till 3am? Kai! Kai!! Kai.
May God help you. Amen.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by golddare: 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Look for intelligent cartoons like cocomelon, Dr Binocs , Operation ouch, storybots etc, just be mixing them with his favourite PJ Mask and by the time he watched them he will begin to have a change of mind. All these are on YouTube, you can download them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should A Wife Ever Confront Her Hubby’s Side Chick? / Mother Ties Up Her Four Kids In A Viral Christmas Photo / My Wife Demands ‘bribe’ Before Sex, Says Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.