Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster (29912 Views)

Sosoliso Crash Survivor Kechi Okwuchi Recalls Tragedy With 2007 Photos / Kechi Okwuchi Rocks Bikini At Daytona Beach In The US / Munachi Abii Meets Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by LegendVibes: 10:08am On Dec 10, 2020
America’s Got Talent star has remembered the 15th anniversary of Sosoliso plane crash, Igbere TV reports.

The 31-year-old was one of the two survivors in the Sosoliso Airlines Flight 1145 crash on December 10, 2005.

Ms Okwuchi shared a picture of herself showing the burns she sustained from the crash in an Instagram post on Thursday.

She said she is humble by the simple gift of life and health.

“Today is the 15th anniversary of my accident, the Sosoliso plane crash of 2005. Every year on this day, I rededicate my life to the promise I made, to live for those who passed away that day, especially my school mates, the 60 Angels, and their loved ones they left behind so suddenly.

“This year, many of us had plans that were derailed, hopes that were crushed… loved ones that were lost,” she wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIm7Qxlrk23/?igshid=3xba9r0wtnmj

Kechi was a student of Loyola Jesuit College when the crash occurred, leaving her with third-degree burns over 65% of her body with a 30% chance of survival.

After a series of lifesaving surgeries, she graduated with a first-class from the University of Saint Thomas, in Houston, Texas in 2015.

Kechi took part in the 12th season of America’s Got Talent in 2017 as a singer, and finished the competition as a finalist.

She later participated in America’s Got Talent: The Champions in 2019, where she got the golden buzzer, sending her straight to the final, but failed to make the top 5.

14 Likes

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 10, 2020
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Righteousness89(m): 10:26am On Dec 10, 2020
If there is nothing you think you have to be Grateful! Be Grateful for the Breath of GOD in you.

For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Favemmzar200(m): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2020
Righteousness89:
If there is nothing you think you have to be Grateful! Be Grateful for the Breath of GOD in you.

For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
how many g u dey use so cheesy

Anyways third to comment grin

Congratulations to her, she was really saved by God

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by divabolanle: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2020
Cool
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2020
Nawa oo
she was damn lucky
thank God, she's being alive for a big reason
may God purpose continue to manifest in her life

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by slawormiir: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
To be sincere
Her surviving that plane crash has nothing to do with God
She was just lucky

God doesn't give anyone a preferential treatment if actually he exist. ..to me there is no Supreme being up there in the sky that oversees the affair of the world

For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die...so for the fact that we didn't die today or rather we were lucky today to escape all the hundred ways to die doesn't mean we are unique and being guided and protected by one God
The death might still come tomorrow or next tomorrow
We were born to die

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by neupert(m): 11:25am On Dec 10, 2020
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by akilo1: 11:26am On Dec 10, 2020
God is good

1 Like

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by alphaconde(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2020
thank God plane crash issues have reduced here

2 Likes

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Fernandowski(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2020
gshs
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by ILoveeyouall(f): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2020
Nawoo
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Fheelzz(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2020
Omo this girl dey try
Assuming na 9ja she base she for don attempt suicide many times due to oppression

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Mcuzy(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2020
Lucky girl.
There is nothing in this life, just enjoy yourself and leave for others.
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by praiseneo(m): 11:27am On Dec 10, 2020
15 years just like yesterday.
Use your time well it doesn’t wait for anyone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by ClassicMan202(m): 11:27am On Dec 10, 2020
The Lord is your strength madam

1 Like

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by davidodiba(m): 11:27am On Dec 10, 2020
I remember this day like yesterday...shet...
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Simplebeauty: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2020
smiley
You are an inspiration

Abeg make I sell market if you know what I mean you know
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Barristter07: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2020
Righteousness89:

Dead are dead,they don't go to heaven or hell.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by emwhyz(m): 11:28am On Dec 10, 2020
Lord I thank you for where you started with me.
Thank you for where I am presently and
Thank you for where you will eventually take me

Only God deserve the praise.

2 Likes

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Neoteny(m): 11:28am On Dec 10, 2020
Is that hpw you're gonna be addressing her forever, "sosoliso crash survivor", so many years after the incident? Does she need to be reminded daily of the tragedy, and is that her identity?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by DisLifeSha: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2020
Job 14:1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Dpharisee: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2020
This is hard, I remember the lives lost, may continue to rest in peace. Amen
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by MrHighSea: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2020
Thank God for life.
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by money121(m): 11:29am On Dec 10, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Chisaedhor: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2020
shocked
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2020
Every year on this day, I rededicate my life to the promise I made, to live for those who passed away that day,,,,

So touching!
Wishing you more fortitude to bear the sorrowful memory.

1 Like

Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by DoubleEngine007: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2020
praiseneo:
15 years just like yesterday.
Use your time well it doesn’t wait for anyone
True Talk My Brother...
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2020
If the accident happened in dis country ehn
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by Propsper4521(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2020
Re: Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster by pretydiva(f): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2020
I love her fighting spirit

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flavour Pictured Wearing A King's Regalia Surrounded By Maidens / Ghanaian Singer, Fuse ODG Poses With Dark Skin Queens (photo) / Somadina Adinma New Cute Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.