Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,576 members, 7,865,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch (17624 Views)

Jeff Bezos' Space Rocket Is Set To Begin Selling Tickets For Rides Into Space / SpaceX Flew Over Nigeria On Way To Space Station – Hadi Sirika (Video) / SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch by SKhanmi: 9:48am On Dec 11, 2020
Cyberrex:

on the contrary, he wants to go to Mars
the atmosphere in Mars is very different from earth, and you can't just travel between planet like you're going from Lagos to ibadan, although science have evolve since "the landing on the moon" but data from Mars have suggested you're prepared for whatever disaster would happen, and lest I remind you, interplanetary rovers have been to Mars and successful landed but rovers doesn't carry humans, number one rule of engineering "every life matters".

Read what I wrote again.

Who gave you the data? Same NASA?

Do you know the amount of data sent back by The Voyager and explorer satellites that must have left the solar system by now that is currently unavailable to the public not to mention countless other still functioning satellites?

Do you have access to the real information? Oh, they tell you on sm & TV right? I believe whatever USA,Russia and even the Nigerian government says. They will never lie to us I know.
Do you even know your idea of planetary bodies including the earth are mostly CGI images? Doctored & photoshops?

So They have the data, they have the means. They have been gathering it for years. Suggested data from mars? WTF?

So why this facade of failed experiments when we went to the moon officially 1969 51years ago with currently outdated tech?Does Tech development regress?

If yes then why in the era of Nuclear tech, Nanotech , AI and smartphones are we still having a mockery of building efficient spacecraft's? Is our intelligence as a species so overrated? Who's deceiving who. Think!

Common sense dictates colonizing the closest resource which is the moon but they are facing mars. Isn't that what all these is for? Exploitation of resources? It is nearer, more cheaper and in case of accidents, help is nearby. If that doesn't look somehow to you then I'm done. Animal farm scenario all over again.

Lastly, that your ending quote holds only in certain conditions. Think China, Lol, human lives indeed. Humans are expendables.
Re: SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch by Lordswazz(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2020
SKhanmi:

Read what I wrote again.

Do you know the amount of data sent back by The Voyager and explorer satellites that must have left the solar system by now that is currently unavailable to the public not to mention countless other still functioning satellites?

Do you have access to the real information? Oh, they tell you on sm & TV right? I believe whatever USA,Russia and even the Nigerian government says. They will never lie to us I know.
Do you even know your idea of planetary bodies including the earth are mostly CGI images? Doctored & photoshops?

So They have the data, they have the means. They have been gathering it for years. Suggested data from mars? WTF?

So why this facade of failed experiments when we went to the moon officially 1969 51years ago with currently outdated tech?Does Tech development regress?

If yes then why in the era of Nuclear tech, Nanotech , AI and smartphones are we still having a mockery of building efficient spacecraft's? Is our intelligence as a species so overrated? Who's deceiving who. Think!

Common sense dictates colonizing the closest resource which is the moon but they are facing mars. Isn't that what all these is for? Exploitation of resources? It is nearer, more cheaper and in case of accidents, help is nearby. If that doesn't look somehow to you then I'm done. Animal farm scenario all over again.

Lastly, that your ending quote holds only in certain conditions. Think China, Lol, human lives indeed. Humans are expendables.

They are trying to perfect the technology for reusable rockets. It's quite different from those rockets the Russians and Americans used in touching Space and the Moon for the first time respectively.

These ones take off and land like a Buck Rogers Rocket and can be reused. It's never happened before, so failed takeoff/landing exercises are expected.

1 Like

Re: SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch by joinnow: 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
RichDad1:
And Elon Musk was tweeting “Mars here we come”‘yesterday. undecided

That is his drive and mission the...................
Mars Agenda
making Mars a new home should in case larry page AI decide to annihilate all human.
Musk Said he want to save human race from accidental annihilation.
Re: SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch by Quincykay: 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:
Elom musk is not having a good year,first the low sale of his electric cars and now this.

You couldn't be more wrong. Elon is probably one of the few having a FANTASTIC year!

1. Tesla shares have reported for the 5th year straight growth. Over 400%
2. Sent Six people to the ISS (2 missions) for the fist time from US soil since NASA 9 years ago.
3. His world wide starlink internet that will eventually give high speed internet even to my village started about 2 months ago.
4. His Tesla model 3 is finally meeting demand manufatcuring.
5. He just surpassed Bill Gates to become the 2nd richest man on earth at $147 Billion
... and many more!

If that's a bad year, where do I sign up!!
Re: SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch by goodheart02(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
dalass:
Celebration of crashed spaceship?

grin

That's a big achievement and a stepping stone to a greater development. Big experiments like dis are sure to fail in the first step, and they knew hence their joy at reaching this stage.
Re: SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch by goodheart02(m): 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
bigfish3k:
Elon Musk spending and taking all the risks

China is somewhere waiting for its successes so that they can copy and manufacture the fake of it and start charging cheaper to the applause of American haters

China abi Russia. Those countries with wack technology.I was thinking they would have come up with the Covid 19 vaccine before USA. I wonder what happened to the one the Russians boasted about.

If it were any of them carrying out this experiments you'll see them boasting everywhere. China even managed to place a flag on the moon without even stepping on it just as Americans did years ago, we no fit hear word.
Re: SpaceX Prototype Rocket Destroyed In Explosive Test Launch by Cyberrex(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
SKhanmi:

Read what I wrote again.

Using a simple telescope would really show you the heavenly bodies, and because you haven't been to an observatory doesn't mean the data were doctored

And about humans not going back to the moon after those years, it's quite simple, The US did that to show that they were strong politically and technologically, other than that it's an economic disaster sending people to space just to plant flags, doesn't sound well to people at the wall street. Elon wants to move people to Mars on tourism, And believe me any data around is very sceptical, so he needs to be careful

A simple time dilation paradox also explain why you can't just be traveling between space, yes we have AIs, sophisticated techs, but space tech is very different. Try studying the raptor engine for the SN8 and you'd see those guys are deserve all the hype they are getting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips And Steps On How To Recharge Your Prepaid Meter. / Mindblowing Gifs That Explain Natural Activities / #Eclipse2024: Will There Be Eclipse Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.