Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

REAL REASON Why Steve Jobs And Elon Musk Never Saw Eye To Eye - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / REAL REASON Why Steve Jobs And Elon Musk Never Saw Eye To Eye (1471 Views)

FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi / Everything You Believe Is Conditioned- Steve Jobs / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REAL REASON Why Steve Jobs And Elon Musk Never Saw Eye To Eye by Khalesie: 2:14am On Dec 11, 2020
Elon Musk absolutely hated this one thing about Steve Jobs
By Matthew Dunn | news.com.au
Facebook

Twitter

Print

Email
File photo: Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk smiles as he attends a forum on startups in Hong Kong, China January 26, 2016. (REUTERS/Bobby Yip)
File photo: Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk smiles as he attends a forum on startups in Hong Kong, China January 26, 2016. (REUTERS/Bobby Yip)
When you are a billionaire tech mogul it’s hard to not be compared to those that came before.
Take Tesla chief executive Elon Musk for example.
The philanthropist often receives parallels between his life and that of the fictional Marvel character Tony Stark.
And then there is the suggestion that he is the second coming of Steve Jobs.
Although Musk is not overly thrilled by either comparison, the latter is more concerning.
Not because he doesn’t respect the Apple founder’s legacy — rather his fashion sense.
In a revealing interview with Rolling Stone published Wednesday, Musk talked about a time he was asked to wear a black turtleneck, which was the famous trademark of Jobs, during a photoshoot.
FILE - In this Jan. 15, 2008, file photo, Apple CEO Steve Jobs holds up the new MacBook Air after giving the keynote address at the Apple MacWorld Conference in San Francisco. Apple on Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2011 said Jobs has died. He was 56. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu, File)
(AP)
He was not impressed.
“If I was dying and I had a turtleneck on, with my last dying breath, I would take the turtleneck off and try to throw it as far away from my body as possible,” he explained.
Musk didn’t dwell on the fashion choices of millionaires for too long, with the interview quickly turning to his concerns for the dangers of artificial intelligence.
“Climate change is the biggest threat that humanity faces this century, except for AI,” he said. “I keep telling people this.”
It wasn’t all doom and gloom, with Musk giving insight into what drives him.
“I try to do useful things,” he explained. “That’s a nice aspiration. And useful means it is of value to the rest of society. Are they useful things that work and make people’s lives better, make the future seem better, and actually are better, too? I think we should try to make the future better.”
And what does Musk view as better?
“It would be better if we mitigated the effects of global warming and had cleaner air in our cities and weren’t drilling for vast amounts of coal, oil and gas in parts of the world that are problematic and will run out anyway,” he said.
“And if we were a multiplanetary species, that would reduce the possibility of some single event, man-made or natural, taking out civilisation as we know it, as it did the dinosaurs.
“There have been five mass-extinction events in the fossil record. People have no comprehension of these things. Unless you’re a cockroach or a mushroom — or a sponge — you’re f***ed.”
Re: REAL REASON Why Steve Jobs And Elon Musk Never Saw Eye To Eye by emmy512: 5:36am On Dec 11, 2020
Woke up one morning in 2018 and started hearing of Elon Musk.
Seems he didn't exist all my life

2 Likes

Re: REAL REASON Why Steve Jobs And Elon Musk Never Saw Eye To Eye by Oris4show(m): 6:55am On Dec 11, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: REAL REASON Why Steve Jobs And Elon Musk Never Saw Eye To Eye by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:52am On Dec 11, 2020
emmy512:
Woke up one morning in 2018 and started hearing of Elon Musk.
Seems he didn't exist all my life
But you must have been hearing of electric cars before then?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Discussed As Course Topic In Ohio University, USA [VIDEO] / "Breaking: ASUU May Suspend Strike Soon As Fg Drops Ipps, Adopts Utas / How Can I Know If This Travel Agency Is Real Or Fake: Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.