Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop (16974 Views)

Nigeria's Strange Eating Habits To The Rest Of The World / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
Well, I never knew they are bad eating habits until my colleagues, at Corpers' lodge, began to condemn each of them. They include:
1. Soaking or dipping bread in the tea: They think the good habit is sipping/taking the tea while chewing the bread. "Seeing the broken pieces of bread in the tea could make one throw up", one claimed.

2. Picking eggs with yam in the plate: They said the good habit is picking the eggs & yam separately. "Littering the eggs with broken pieces of yam would make the food look irritating", another said.

3. Picking eggs with bread: As in 2 above.

4. Eating meats/fish after emptying the plate: This act has caused controversy between me & people many times. I am used to eating the meat last. In fact, I can take meals without meats or fish. "People who don't know you well would think you're stingy, not knowing you just don't mind", some friends would say. Even at occasions, friends do help with the meats. Weytin we gain if we no finish the meats,,,, lol. Hopefully, I'm gonna change this habit when I get married

5. Taking yam with vegetable oil or red palm oil: This is a no-go-area grin. I bluntly told them I can't sip or take the oil while chewing the yam angry. I think they have no excuse on this because some of them claimed they don't take such combination.

What's yours?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Weighyme(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
I still find it hard not to lick plate after eating saucy food.
���

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Weighyme:
I still find it hard not to lick plate after eating saucy food.��

Definitely not in public grin grin

My Ex-gf would sometimes say, "I like you because you do give me your meats and fish". cheesy

22 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Weighyme(m): 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
SimplyFacts:

Definitely not in public grin grin

Even 21 days fasting cannot make me lick plate in public na.
��

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
Weighyme:

Even 21 days fasting cannot make me lick plate in public na.
��
lmao grin

sammuell:
Pressing bread with hand before eating
This can't be a bad habit nah

I press like two or three sliced

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by dollytino4real(f): 11:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
that number one na my style o! but am trying to stop it because it makes u eat too much

16 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by JaneYave(f): 2:20am On Dec 12, 2020
To Chew with my mouth closed all of the time is big work to me.. I love being myself, I eat freely at home but employ etiquette when in public.

31 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Pierced(f): 7:25am On Dec 12, 2020
Dipping bread in tea.....especially Agege bread.

Picking plantain or yam or bread with fried eggs and chewing them together.

12 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Toktee(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2020
SimplyFacts:
Well, I never knew they are bad eating habits until my colleagues, at Corpers' lodge, began to condemn each of them. They include:
1. Soaking or dipping bread in the tea: They think the good habit is sipping/taking the tea while chewing the bread. "Seeing the broken pieces of bread in the tea could make one throw up", one claimed.

2. Picking eggs with yam in the plate: They said the good habit is picking the eggs & yam separately. "Littering the eggs with broken pieces of yam would make the food look irritating", another said.

4. Eating meats/fish after emptying the plate: This act has caused controversy between me & people many times. I am used to eating the meat last. In fact, I can take meals without meats or fish. "People who don't know you well would think you're stingy, not knowing you just don't mind", some friends would say. Even at occasions, friends do help with the meats. Weytin we gain if we no finish the meats,,,, lol. Hopefully, I'm gonna change this habit when I get married

5. Taking yam with vegetable oil or red palm oil: This is a no-go-area grin. I bluntly told them I can't sip or take the oil while chewing the yam angry. I think they have no excuse on this because some of them claimed they don't take such combination.

What's yours?
Is that bad?

you no get work I swear, that's my best way of dealing with tea and bread and the others, the important thing is to make stomach congested.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Exodora: 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2020
Dipping bread in tea very disgusting way of eating . My elder brother does that feel like heating him almost all the time .
I take time to eat my meal whether in public or otherwise.

21 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2020
Toktee:
Is that bad?

you no get work I swear, that's my best way of dealing with tea and bread and the others, the important thing is to make stomach congested.
Lol @bolded

sassiemyk:
I eat straight from pot and i enjoy scrapping bottom pot. Chai the feeling makes me feel like cumming

For porridge, I can't just do away with the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
dollytino4real:
that number one na my style o! but am trying to stop it because it makes u eat too much
Same here.
I enjoy it more that way.
The other way makes me lose appetite

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2020
Pierced:
Dipping bread in tea.....especially Agege bread

Picking plantain or yam or bread with fried eggs and chewing them together.
grin grin grin @bolded

Enjoy your life, dear.
You can't kill yourself.

BTW, could that somewhere between Lag & Ife be Ibadan
Just thinking out loud wink

Pierced:

Nope...stays in lag but schooled in Ife.

Alright

Coz I stay at that somewhere cheesy
Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by dollytino4real(f): 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
SimplyFacts:

Same here.
I enjoy it more that way.
The other way makes me lose appetite
it gets me tired of eating, I will eat the bread fast and the tea is still plenty inside bowl

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Pierced(f): 8:03am On Dec 13, 2020
SimplyFacts:
grin grin grin @bolded

Enjoy your life, dear.
You can't kill yourself.

BTW, could that somewhere between Lag & Ife be Ibadan
Just thinking out loud wink

Nope...stays in lag but schooled in Ife.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Martinola(m): 8:42am On Dec 13, 2020
Licking plates
Especially when the food is very good.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by tstx(m): 8:43am On Dec 13, 2020
Talking while eating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 13, 2020
Hmm

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by brosom(m): 8:43am On Dec 13, 2020
surfing the net with my phone why eating, makes me loose appetite.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by nobodii: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2020
smiley
Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by sassiemyk: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2020
I eat straight from pot and i enjoy scrapping bottom pot. Chai the feeling makes me feel like cumming

42 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Starboytwo(m): 8:44am On Dec 13, 2020
I don't really mind meat or those assorted on my food... Gimme food make I fire on, no time... Sometimes I buy dodo 200 on top food.

Who kpomo epp.

12 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2020
SimplyFacts:

What's yours?

Lol cheesy.
Na wa for your otondo friends o.
What part of the world are they from.
Apart from maybe the number one,
Nothing is wrong with number 2 to 5.

Enjoy your foods biko.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by tellsblinks(m): 8:45am On Dec 13, 2020
Lol, nothing like bad eating habit for me

I call it style of eating, everybody style mus'nt correlate to some ordain rules.

I eat food anyhow I like — because it's food, and must be eaten to satisfy me

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by sammuell(m): 8:45am On Dec 13, 2020
Pressing bread with hand before eating

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by ibrocool(m): 8:45am On Dec 13, 2020
Belching after eating a nice meal to show satisfaction.

Not everything you listed is entirely true. Remember that what is taboo by some people is best by others.

For example, eating swallow with spoon is considered wrong by some people. But in real sense, those that use hands are the ones that are actually right.

6 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:45am On Dec 13, 2020
Weighyme:
I still find it hard not to lick plate after eating saucy food.
���
Chai grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Bigredmachine: 8:45am On Dec 13, 2020
ok let me observe and see those who are not hungry

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by usj(m): 8:45am On Dec 13, 2020
There is no right or wrong, just enjoy your food and move on! So long as your way of eating is not endangering your life or that of others just eat and enjoy yourself and stop worrying about what others think or how others want you to eat. I'm tired of trying to conform to other people's ideas doing things.

While in boarding house (secondary school.) Thats how we were force to be eating Eba and Okra soup with fork and knife. It was so boring that I never enjoyed my food while using fork to eat.
What's wrong eating with my hands, isn't that the African way?
Abegi! Eat anyhow you want as long as you enjoy it and the food is healthy, who cares what others thinks.

18 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by anochuko01(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2020
I put my plate of food on the chair and then stoop next to it to eat. I only do that at home sha.

The act of eating is a stress for me. I only eat when I'm hungry. I don't take breakfast and dinner, but can eat heavy in the afternoon.

Babe still said yesterday that I need to add weight but I don't see that happening

4 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by helinues: 8:46am On Dec 13, 2020
That number 1 is a very capital No for me from childhood
Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by incogni2o: 8:46am On Dec 13, 2020
Too much suya

And mineral

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. / 1 Cup Of Garri Is N300 In My Area, What About U? / Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.