Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop (17013 Views)

Nigeria's Strange Eating Habits To The Rest Of The World / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2020
One of my most shameless moments in everyday life occurs when a plate is placed before me. I am transformed into a state where every morsel lowers my inhibitions and reveals the monster within grin

1. Eating bones in a public place: i demolish everything, whether it is chicken breast,
turkey wings to suck the bone marrow or fish head, where nothing remains except the 2 stones in it's brain. i literally have no shame, but I have improved, i just recently started requesting that my bones be packed because i have dogs to combat the habit. (Still shameless but get less wierd looks).My dogs get their percentage tho.

2. Putting my hands on the table: I don't know why this is a bad habit tho. But where are my arms supposed to be before? In the air? Elbowing the person next to me?

3. Swishing my mouth with water after my last bite: Yes i am one for dental hygiene, but if the restaurant doesn't have a good private sink or toothpick, i go for this option. I hate the thought of food being stuck in my mouth (meat is the worst) or having mouth odor after a meal. So i will rather swish my mouth (before i forget)after a meal in public like your annoying uncle than deal with the other available options.

4. Eating with my left hand; I am ambidextrous, but prefer to use my left hand for a lot of stuff,(except writing). I am mindful of this in the presence of older people tho(boomers always have something to say regarding this)

4 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by eedimo(m): 9:03am On Dec 13, 2020
JaneYave:
To Chew with my mouth closed all of the time is big work to me.. I love being myself, I eat freely at home but employ etiquette when in public.
You are not alone

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by mkpurumma090(f): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2020
icking eggs with bread: As in 2 above.

4. Eating meats/fish after emptying the plate: This act has caused controversy between me & people many times. I am used to eating the meat last. In fact, I can take meals without meats or fish. "People who don't know you well would think you're stingy, not knowing you just don't mind", some friends would say. Even at occasions, friends do help with the meats. Weytin we gain if we no finish the meats,,,, lol. Hopefully, I'm gonna change this habit when I get married.

[/color] my grandma will give you one hot slap if you try it by her side...
After food comes fish/meat

5. Taking yam with vegetable oil or red palm oil: This is a no-go-area grin. I bluntly told them I can't sip or take the oil while chewing the yam angry. I think they have no excuse on this because some of them claimed they don't take such combination.[color=#000000]

hunger never beat them blue and black...

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Firstandonly(m): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2020
eating fast

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Cutehector(m): 9:06am On Dec 13, 2020
None.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by coolegbo(m): 9:07am On Dec 13, 2020
I am a very slow eater, I tried to change but not working. What I do is that I try not to eat in public and when I do, I make the quantity so small so I can finish it as other finishes theirs.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by eedimo(m): 9:07am On Dec 13, 2020
Too much etiquettes in life when life itself don't value etiquettes.

It's my life, I would rock my boat as I love it.
Las las we go still rotten someday six feet down.

4 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by GOVERNMENT2: 9:08am On Dec 13, 2020
dollytino4real:
it gets me tired of eating, I will eat the bread fast and the tea is still plenty inside bowl
NOT EVEN TEA CUP shocked

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Jacklovia(m): 9:08am On Dec 13, 2020
Eating and pressing phone

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Oizee(f): 9:08am On Dec 13, 2020
Nawao, it's only sliced bread I can eat without dipping into tea, any local bread or unsliced must be inside tea before I can put it in my mouth.

Who cares?
Everyone must try to maintain table manner when you are in public, that is why I can never eat any meat cooked with draw soup in public.
What I hate most if for u to eat meat and pour the bone back in to the soup bowl or wash ur hands inside the same plate that was used to served. If u do dis two just prepare for ur almajiri plate when next u are ready to eat

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by naijadrivablog: 9:08am On Dec 13, 2020
I am here to read lies

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by kay29000(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2020
I know bread is not so healthy, but I just can't help myself. I love bread and beans...bread and egg...bread and butter.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by chaloner(m): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2020
Exodora:
Sipping bread in tea very disgusting way of eating . My elder brother does that feel like heating him almost all the time .
I take time to eat my meal wether in public or otherwise.
u will get matured. He is matured reason he knows what to do. Before I don't dip but now I'm old it is my favourite. No worry soon u will start and abandon those white magamaga

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 13, 2020
Standing while eating

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by tydi(m): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2020
I eat very fast, just like a speed of light I don down 3 bowls of fufu.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Oizee(f): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
One of my most shameless moments in everyday life occurs when a plate is placed before me. I am transformed into a state where every morsel lowers my inhibitions and reveals the monster within grin

1. Eating bones in a public place: i demolish everything, whether it is chicken breast,
turkey wings to suck the bone marrow or fish head, where nothing remains except the 2 stones in it's brain. i literally have no shame, but I have improved, i just recently started requesting that my bones be packed because i have dogs to combat the habit. (Still shameless but get less wierd looks).

2. Putting my hands on the table: I don't know why this is a bad habit tho. But where are my arms supposed to be before? In the air? Elbowing the person next to me?

3. Swishing my mouth with water after my last bite: Yes i am one for dental hygiene, but if the restaurant doesn't have a good private sink or toothpick, i go for this option. I hate the thought of food being stuck in my mouth (meat is the worst) or having mouth odor after a meal. So i will rather swish my mouth (before i forget)after a meal in public like your annoying uncle than deal with the other available options.

4. Eating with my left hand; I am ambidextrous, but prefer to use my left hand for a lot of stuff,(except writing). I am mindful of this in the presence of older people tho(boomers always have something to say regarding this)

ur number one got me rolling on the floor, but ur number two is so gross

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Drizzy5001(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2020
1 .Lying down while eating.
2.Turning stew and rice together, make e be like jollof rice grin.
3.Drinking pure water while eating at the same time.
4. I can't eat without watching movies on my phone.

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 13, 2020
Overthinking about money and failure.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Edipet(m): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2020
eating so fast,....I find it difficult to stop eat with speed

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:14am On Dec 13, 2020
Oizee:
ur number one got me rolling on the floor, but ur number two is so gross
lol. I can't just imagine my hands in the air like a bird about to fly when eating

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Oizee(f): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2020
GOVERNMENT2:
NOT EVEN TEA CUP shocked
lol

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Oizee(f): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
lol. I can't just imagine my hands in the air like a bird about to fly when eating
is number 3 I wanted to write.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:15am On Dec 13, 2020
Edipet:
eating so fast,....I find it difficult to stop eat with speed
i do that too. No time. Except on Friday when i choked on fried pepper stew and had to keep drinking water for an hour while at work. I cried so bad.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by peropoliet(m): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2020
Make dem arrange my akpu and oha soup with fish and one bottle of coke then you know that all my problems don finish

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Oizee(f): 9:18am On Dec 13, 2020
tydi:
I eat very fast, just like a speed of light I don down 3 bowls of fufu.
lol, na cement u dey carry for Dangote factory?

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Oizee(f): 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
i do that too. No time. Except on Friday when i choked on fried pepper stew and had to keep drinking water for an hour while at work. I cried so bad.
lol, have u changed now?

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by just2endowed: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
Eating meat or fish before consuming my rice or other food

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by muller101(m): 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
post=97016466:

Lol cheesy.
Na wa for your otondo friends o.
What part of the world are they from.
Apart from maybe the number one,
Nothing is wrong with number 2 to 5.

Enjoy your foods biko.
This humble character you are faking won't last

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by GOVERNMENT2: 9:21am On Dec 13, 2020
Oizee:
lol
SHE MUST BE IBADAN WOMAN

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by cho25bc(f): 9:21am On Dec 13, 2020
Op is funny sha. Wetin be bad eating habits in all these you wrote nah?
All these things you mentioned are normal ways of eating and they make food delicious. I dont see anything bad in them at all except if you want to form posh,which is not necessary.
The only bad eating habits that i know are skipping breakfast (which im guyity of), talking while eating, allowing food particles to drop on the floor from the plate while eating, or oiling or soup dripping out of the plate to your clothes, making noise with your mouth while eating while your mouth is widely opening and closing, or eating while reading or pressing phone. Im guilty of almost all the above,except that i dont make noise with my mouth when im eating.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:21am On Dec 13, 2020
Oizee:
lol, have u changed now?
No. God help me.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:22am On Dec 13, 2020
How can u be dripping bread inside tea,it kinda disgusting to me.
That number 4 is a must ooo I must finish my food before eating the meat.the rest are normal level

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalander Chef Shares Unique Pictures Of His Fish BBQ Menu. / How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home / Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.