Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:31 AM

‘why I Fought Patience Ozokwor’ – Mercy Johnson - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / ‘why I Fought Patience Ozokwor’ – Mercy Johnson (74317 Views)

Mercy Johnson Biography & Her True Life Stories / Patience Ozokwor Adviceto Ladies › / Shocking: Actress Mercy Johnson Banned From Acting In Any Nollywood Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘why I Fought Patience Ozokwor’ – Mercy Johnson by pappykay1(m): 10:14am On Mar 25, 2011
Actress Mercy Johnson who was reportedly in a showdown with her older colleague, Patience Ozokwor on location in Asaba few weeks back, has blamed her uncontrollable outburst on Ozokwor’s repeated utterances referring to her as an ‘ashawo’- a hoochie.

In a telephone interview, Mercy recounted her side of the story to NET. She noted that Patience Ozokwor was given a revealing clothe to wear on that location, apparently to depict a character in the movie that was in the making and Patience allegedly refused the outfit, stating that she is not Mercy Johnson, not an ‘ashawo’.

“I’m not a prostitute. I don’t like the name. I told her I didn’t like it”, Mercy told NET. According to her, the faceoff was escalated when Mama Gee refused to stop calling her by unpleasant name.

By last week, there were unconfirmed reports that the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) might take a disciplinary action against Mercy Johnson and Patience Ozokwor but when NET contacted the AGN president, Segun Arinze via SMS, he simply stated that the issue has been sorted out in-house.

The text message read “Hello sir, I just want to know if the AGN is taking any disciplinary action against Mercy Johnson and Patience Ozokwor”.

“No it’s sorted out. Thanks”, he replied. Arinze would not comment further.

Arinze, sources said, has instructed both parties not to make any further comments on the matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘why I Fought Patience Ozokwor’ – Mercy Johnson by doublekay: 5:18am On Mar 26, 2011
Nollywood, wonders shall never end
Re: ‘why I Fought Patience Ozokwor’ – Mercy Johnson by AfricaMars: 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2011
Nollywood stars behaving like market women, lwkmd

(1) (Reply)

Men Seen Wearing Baby Pampers In Lagos (Video) / A University Graduate Who Strips & Clowns For Money At A Lagos Bar (Pics, Video) / Curvy Contortionist Shows Her Flexibility In Hot Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.