Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

where to - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / where to (6293 Views)

A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: where to by heniford2: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2020
i just wish i have money God
Re: where to by Hannania(m): 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2020
Adex2442:

Can hnd holder write GRE? and wat are the requirements
You need a bsc to get to masters in US. Try going through a one year top up program at a private university
Re: where to by Adex2442: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2020
Hannania:
You need a bsc to get to masters in US. Try going through a one year top up program at a private university

Which countries accept hnd for masters
Re: where to by Adex2442: 8:50am On Dec 19, 2020
Hannania:

What about if the hnd is evaluated by wes
Re: where to by Hannania(m): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2020
Adex2442:

Doesn't matter. Germany only accept HND for Bsc admissions
Re: where to by Hannania(m): 9:06am On Dec 19, 2020
Adex2442:

Doesn't matter. Germany only accept HND for Bsc admission
Re: where to by Hannania(m): 9:08am On Dec 19, 2020
Adex2442:

Which countries accept hnd for masters
As of now, i've not come across one, but there might be. But the chances are very slim. Most accept our HND for Bsc admission
Re: where to by Adex2442: 11:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hannania:
As of now, i've not come across one, but there might be. But the chances are very slim. Most accept our HND for Bsc admission

Which grade will someone continue from if he/she wishes to apply with hnd
Re: where to by chydon22: 6:39am On Dec 20, 2020
Most western countries want all your degree courses to be 3 credits unit. Wes's evaluation of the HND course ranges from 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 credit units. WES degree evaluation re mostly 3 credit. you cannot be admitted into master's program with a 2.0 credit unit in the western world universities. they use your HND as a prerequisite for degree admission. Think of it why would the western world accept your HND for Master while Your inferior country called Nigeria does not accept it for master's programm. Any day Your country start regarding your HND, western world would regard it as well
Adex2442:

1 Like

Re: where to by Hannania(m): 8:35am On Dec 20, 2020
Adex2442:

Which grade will someone continue from if he/she wishes to apply with hnd
You get into the BSC direct route
Re: where to by Adex2442: 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
chydon22:
Most western countries want all your degree courses to be 3 credits unit. Wes's evaluation of the HND course ranges from 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 credit units. WES degree evaluation re mostly 3 credit. you cannot be admitted into master's program with a 2.0 credit unit in the western world universities. they use your HND as a prerequisite for degree admission. Think of it why would the western world accept your HND for Master while Your inferior country called Nigeria does not accept it for master's programm. Any day Your country start regarding your HND, western world would regard it as well

Wow. So no hope for hnd holders regarding schooling abroad?
Re: where to by Adex2442: 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hannania:
You get into the BSC direct route

Wat about through pgd
Re: where to by Hannania(m): 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
Adex2442:

Wat about through pgd
PGD is not recognized outside Nigeria. Top up program takes one year.

1 Like

Re: where to by Adex2442: 7:08am On Dec 21, 2020
Hannania:
PGD is not recognized outside Nigeria. Top up program takes one year.

K tanks.

Can u recommend skuls for top up pls
Re: where to by ImDStar: 8:26am On Dec 21, 2020
Please, carry out more research before dishing out information like this.
We have people who did masters in Canada with their HND certificates.

https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/432

chydon22:
Re: where to by Hannania(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2020
Adex2442:

K tanks.

Can u recommend skuls for top up pls
Federal universities would slow you down, so if you have the means, take on a Private university. The recommendation would streamline to the cost
Re: where to by Adex2442: 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hannania:
Federal universities would slow you down, so if you have the means, take on a Private university. The recommendation would streamline to the cost

Alright Tanks
Re: where to by Hannania(m): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
Adex2442:

Alright Tanks
You're welcome. I wish you good luck smiley
Re: where to by Jus4c: 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hello @ Hannania and @ chydon22, you guys are doing amazing job in here.The information you provided in here would help a lot of people, including the OP.
However, your take on HND that it can't be used for master's admission in the USA is not accurate. It is true in the case of Germany and some other European countries; but with USA, completely untrue.As per Canada, one can use HND to get Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate, but can't get admitted into a master's program.
One of the reasons USA remains the best destination for graduate education, not minding the current stringent job visa policy( H1B Visa), is that the system does a wholistic analysis of every certificate, not the name of the certificate.This is why HND holders can apply directly for master's program in the USA.
What the holder of HND who wants to further their education should do is very simple: evaluate your credential using a Credential Evaluation Body.The World Education Services USA (WES USA) is usually the most common and most used, though there are many other accredited bodies that do also evaluate foreign credentials. Once you have done this, your HND certificate will be analysed as being equivalent to a USA B.Sc! This sets the USA apart.
Having done a credential evaluation, you can now write the GRE and an English proficency test( TOEFL, IELTS, etc), though most schools in the USA waive this language requirement for Nigerians.
Holders of HND in Nigeria should not waste their time starting all over from Germany or any nation that wants them to start from undergraduate again.It is an insult.The way some Nigerians and organizations in Nigeria play down on HND is very surprising. Please, if you are a holder of HND and you are sure about your academic ability, write the GRE, do a credential evaluation conversion, and move to the USA.Worst case scenerio, move to Canada for a Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
I have colleagues in the USA here in the same Engineering program who had HND, did the same thing I earlier wrote, gained admission into master's program with full funding and monthly stipend to take care of there daily expenses.
Any further information about this could be found on the
USA study thread on the travel section here on nairaland.Very nice guys await you in the thread to answer your questions or any concerns you may have along the way.
@Adex2442, please try what I wrote above if you or anyone you know(with HND) wants to further their education abroad.
Peace be unto everyone.

7 Likes

Re: where to by Hannania(m): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
Jus4c:
Hello @ Hannania and @ chydon22, you guys are doing amazing job in here.The information you provided in here would help a lot of people, including the OP.
However, your take on HND that it can't be used for master's admission in the USA is not accurate. It is true in the case of Germany and some other European countries; but with USA, completely untrue.As per Canada, one can use HND to get Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate, but can't get admitted into a master's program.
One of the reasons USA remains the best destination for graduate education, not minding the current stringent job visa policy( H1B Visa), is that the system does a wholistic analysis of every certificate, not the name of the certificate.This is why HND holders can apply directly for master's program in the USA.
What the holder of HND who wants to further their education should do is very simple: evaluate your credential using a Credential Evaluation Body.The World Education Services USA (WES USA) is usually the most common and most used, though there are many other accredited bodies that do also evaluate foreign credentials. Once you have done this, your HND certificate will be analysed as being equivalent to a USA B.Sc! This sets the USA apart.
Having done a credential evaluation, you can now write the GRE and an English proficency test( TOEFL, IELTS, etc), though most schools in the USA waive this language requirement for Nigerians.
Holders of HND in Nigeria should not waste their time starting all over from Germany or any nation that wants them to start from undergraduate again.It is an insult.The way some Nigerians and organizations in Nigeria play down on HND is very surprising. Please, if you are a holder of HND and you are sure about your academic ability, write the GRE, do a credential evaluation conversion, and move to the USA.Worst case scenerio, move to Canada for a Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
I have colleagues in the USA here in the same Engineering program who had HND, did the same thing I earlier wrote, gained admission into master's program with full funding and monthly stipend to take care of there daily expenses.
USA study thread on the travel section here on nairaland.Very nice guys await you in the thread to answer your questions or any concerns you may have along the way.
@Adex2442, please try what I wrote above if you or anyone you know(with HND) wants to further their education abroad.
Peace be unto everyone.
You're rightsmiley, i have a friend on linkedin that did same, but the cost involved for just a one year post graduate diploma made me shy away from encouraging @Adex2442 (canada). Nevertheless, thanks for sharing.
Re: where to by rhynoemmie(m): 12:34am On Dec 22, 2020
Hannania:
Nigerians are flocking there like grains now. If you obtain scholarship , or you get a resident there who would issue you SL(Sponsorship letter) your visa would be issued.

Please how can somebody cash in on their scholarship opportunities. If they have any requirements.
Re: where to by Adex2442: 6:14am On Dec 22, 2020
Jus4c:
Peace be unto everyone.

Woow thank u. U have given me great hope. Pls what's the duration.. Masters usa

1 Like

Re: where to by Hannania(m): 8:31am On Dec 22, 2020
rhynoemmie:

Please how can somebody cash in on their scholarship opportunities. If they have any requirements.
Majority are school specific scholarships, or check on DAAD website.

1 Like

Re: where to by rhynoemmie(m): 9:17am On Dec 22, 2020
Hannania:
Majority are school specific scholarships, or check on DAAD website.

Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: where to by Hannania(m): 11:30am On Dec 22, 2020
rhynoemmie:

Thanks man.
You're welcome
Re: where to by Hadampson(m): 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2020
Oracleforce:

Okay. 43 years, marital status -Single, with 8 years of experience in IT industry and 6 million ..which country do you suggest I should go for a Top-up program or Master's program for study...

Apply for job seeker visa in germany. There is global demand for IT professionals. Danielhouston even explained how easy it is to get an IT job in Germany. Give it a trial, you won't spend more than 4M for it.
Re: where to by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
Hannania:
FALSE!!!!
Re: where to by rhynoemmie(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
Hannania:
You're welcome

I'll post my findings here in case there's someone else that wants to try that route too. Hope it's allowed
Re: where to by Hannania(m): 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
rhynoemmie:

I'll post my findings here in case there's someone else that wants to try that route too. Hope it's allowed
Of course. Nairaland is rich with info because of such gestures

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Namibia Picture Gallery: A Truly Nice Southern African Country / Kampala: The Heartbeat Of Booming Uganda / Seven Tallest Mountains In The World And Locations

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.